• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    yes he does mean that BTW
    but some exceptions will be made most probably
    i mean if things that are really strong like slash or something similar, it wouldn't make sense to be slow

yes i mean attacks like flamethrower and icebeam that are powerfull attacks and common tm's. these could be slower than attacks that can only be learned.

also can the pokemon have more moves in there movesets and therefore spreading the tm's out over all the regions would not be a problem as they would already have good movesets.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Slower moves sound dumb... The more agile the more attacks sounds cool though

Atomic Reactor

ya, i think weight and height should be taken into account during battles.
    Cause a snorlax vs a rattata has to have its advantages lol.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    The weight is sort of taken into consideration due to most of the heavyset Pokemon having their turn being last and their attacks usually are more powerful. I agree with the having more than one attack in one turn, I mean if they can do it in the show why not in the game?

This might not seem like a good idea to some, but in the show when they're hurt by an attack powerful enough to knock them down, then the opposing Pokemon usually attacks again. So why not if a Pokemon is below a certain amount of health that it's speed would lower as well or something close to that?

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    well, then you HAVE to put in the dramatic 'PIKACHU! GET UP!!', or something like that. most of the time when they're knocked down and have trouble getting up, they are given time to get back up.

however, as health decreases, past a certain amount speed should decrease, because he's getting battered and worn out. it does make sense.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    Well who knows. It sounds kind of corny, but now that you mention it, morale has to do a lot with everyday situations and even in real life fighting and actual war. This is especially true in Pokemon battles, so maybe a morale bar? I know certain games such as RTS genres have morale play a major role on how your unit completes an objective whether it make it harder for you to win or lose.

Atomic Reactor

your hitting a lot of nails on the head right meow -.-
    these are all pretty decent ideas.

Kamakazai

私は神の風午前!
    Years
    Hi i've been testing pokemon roms as of late and wanted you guys to know that I can beta test once you have the game ready. I will test lots of things and look for glitches. Just give me a shout, if ya want me about!

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    Well it's good to brainstorm. They maybe making this game, but we're ultimately the ones playing it, so why not throw out some ideas from the players themselves.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Hi i've been testing pokemon roms as of late and wanted you guys to know that I can beta test once you have the game ready. I will test lots of things and look for glitches. Just give me a shout, if ya want me about!

Translation: I'd like to pretend that I'm beta testing so I can get this game.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    before anyone else to brag about it, not to mention its not a hack/rom please guys get it through your thick nooby heads, these games aren't hackes, it even says it when you enter the section.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2010
    Maybe there should be a possibility to train certain aspects of the Pokémon (speed, defense, attack) other than training. Like mini-games. You would put a lot of time in it, but your Pokémon could become very strong...

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Maybe there should be a possibility to train certain aspects of the Pokémon (speed, defense, attack) other than training. Like mini-games. You would put a lot of time in it, but your Pokémon could become very strong...
    The idea of training outside of battles has been in consideration, but we don't want to make the game too easy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    ...wow

I'm missing the topic of the century.

I actually have a great idea :D

How about we just drop Pokemon, and name this game just "The Lost World" :D

Because our ideas are straying further and further from the staples that make it a Pokemon game by the minute :D

[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness...

Really now... Individual Attack Speed? Morale bars? Even MORE Variables?

Whatever happened to just press "Attack," choose your attack, and attack. -_-;

If this were to happen, what would be even Pokemon left about these battles? :\

~Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    You can't make the anime into a game, no matter how you look at it or try it.

A game and a tv show follow 2 completely different rules.

Example: In the real world, a fighter jet can't hold 64-99 Missiles, can they? Yet in the Ace Combat games, they do. Why? Because it wouldn't be playable, or at least, enjoyable, if it followed the same rules.

~Mooshykris

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Keeping the "pokemon feel" will be a key aim in the game, but, ultimately this is intended to be a pokemon fangame, not a clone of an official game.

KlassicXL

Death & Design
    Years
    So I'm assuming you want to play the same old game over and over? If you do that's you're problem, don't bring it out on us. I highly doubt the creators of the game want to copy the style of others and these are things that should be taken into account. It makes the game feel more real, otherwise it'd make it to be the same old game we've played for years. Why play this game holding most of the same elements as the originals when we can just play the same old hacked roms? You fail to realize this is a game, not a rom hack, so certain ideas will be taken into consideration. As you can see on the front page, they're taking things from the anime to adapt to the game, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind us using these ideas. Excuse us for attempting to improve and innovate something new.

Also, your example of the jets is something we all know. I don't see why you brought it up as it has nothing to do with this. Those are games based on reality, these are games based on fiction. I don't think it would hurt to twist the fiction a bit more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back