• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
Years
  • Yo ho ho, Cappy Here i updated your code to link here.
    For the code just add [ to the begining of Url and IMG
    URL="http://www.pkmncommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96483"] IMG]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/548/jfkqb7.png[/IMG][/URL]

Test it yourself it's in my sig.

Last edited:

Kitoshi

Introverted Procrastinator
    Years
  • These maps boasts wonderfully beautiful and professional designs,
    But I have a dilemma with this:

I know how you disliked the official Pokémon games for having their towns with few houses that seemed unrealistic; but it was easy to go through and navigate and was specifically designed to fit the screen sizes of the Nintendo Game Boy Advance/DS.

But, according to your motion picture demonstration, the character moves at a rather slow rate making traversing across a single town probably occupying three minutes or more (Let alone a couple routes and cities). The maps even seem quite large for the screen where it would be operating in.

Kitoshi

Introverted Procrastinator
    Years
  • Kitoshi , Heard of run, bike or fly?

Of course, but my main point is that the maps are a bit too large for the computer screen.

Navigation in the game can be frustrating if the player has to go all about town to find places--bearing in mind that the player may have not seen the layout of each city, route, etc.

It would be rather difficult for the first time players to navigate the maps if the screen size is 300x213 pixels and the player has to navigate a map worth 1600x1600 pixels or more.

And in the case in which one your party members gets poisoned, burnt, pneumonia, hypothermia, leukaemia, bird flu, bleeding to death, or other time elapsed status problem; you'd be screwed trying to get to a Pokémon Centre, especially if it's in the next city where you wouldn't know exactly where the Pokémon Centre is.

A perfect example of such is the map of Snowport City where the Pokémon Centre is not easily noticed upon first arrival and added that the map is significantly large in size.

Pkmn_knight

A Knight Of Pokemon
    Years
  • Of course, but my main point is that the maps are a bit too large for the computer screen.

Navigation in the game can be frustrating if the player has to go all about town to find places--bearing in mind that the player may have not seen the layout of each city, route, etc.

It would be rather difficult for the first time players to navigate the maps if the screen size is 300x213 pixels and the player has to navigate a map worth 1600x1600 pixels or more.

And in the case in which one your party members gets poisoned, burnt, pneumonia, hypothermia, leukaemia, bird flu, bleeding to death, or other time elapsed status problem; you'd be screwed trying to get to a Pokémon Centre, especially if it's in the next city where you wouldn't know exactly where the Pokémon Centre is.

A perfect example of such is the map of Snowport City where the Pokémon Centre is not easily noticed upon first arrival and added that the map is significantly large in size.
    So you pokemon get's fainted what's the big deal about that?
    Anyway people will learn. Remember he said this might have a online mode or might be a mmorpg which would need big maps.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    and also, one other thing
    the first time you are in ANY city, then you don't know where anythign is. and there are large maps in the nintendo games - plenty of them in red/blue/yellow

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    This game looks great! Is there going to be any new Pokemon, or are we just going to have the originals. Either way, it looks good. Can there be stuff like battle tornaments or something like that?

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Naroko, there is an edit button. Use it.

On Topic: I love your Pallet Town. I also love the very large building your inserted. Top class work 9.9/10

Years
  • Finnaly someone who really makes good maps, Pallet town really looks like pallet town.
    I'm happy to see that !!
    Your story is rather simple, but yea arn't all the pokemon games simple :P
    You said if you got any ideas we can share it, well i got one hope you can do something with it :P
    Well The name : Lost World.. It's a bit strange for just making a remake of kanto..
    I am just saying you should make something like when you defeat the elite 4 or something, that you get a mission a mission to unravel a new world.. a portall to a world of pokemon, never seen before..
    like an other dimension, the same world but different..
    Make it unique, not saving the world because rayquaza is bombing it :P
    Well maybe you dont understand what í'm saying if so sorry im not to good in english..
    hope it helps or something haha :D
    goodluck!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    No, Rayquaza would proberbly NOT be bombing the world, thought that does make an interesting idea. All the same, I would hope that the game has a storyline that makes sense. With a good storyline, the game can become alot more interesting and fun.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • No, Rayquaza would proberbly NOT be bombing the world, thought that does make an interesting idea. All the same, I would hope that the game has a storyline that makes sense. With a good storyline, the game can become alot more interesting and fun.

What? How do you know this? Do you know Rayquaza personally or something? There's no reason why a Pokémon, let alone one as fearsome as Rayquaza, wouldn't be attacking the planet.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    What? How do you know this? Do you know Rayquaza personally or something? There's no reason why a Pokémon, let alone one as fearsome as Rayquaza, wouldn't be attacking the planet.

ACTUALLY
    one of the descriptions given for rayquaza is that he is a stratobeast who defends the earth. hence the plotline for desiny deoxys.
    so i don't think he'd be bombarding it :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Rayquaza is a giant effin' green Dragon, if it wants to bomb the Earth, who are you to argue >_>

I love the storyline, take your time Arcane

Years
  • Lol i just ment that in every original pokemon game, the world is in trouble and must be saved well ruby saphire emerald then :P
    and the rest of the games is just plain being a pokemon master..
    haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back