• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
Years
not to be rude .... although its very good .... the maps are gigantopic (oppposite to microtantic) and how is the trainer suppoosed to get around ALL the houses in a few minutes

I feel very sorry for you and those playing the game >.> (being sarcastic)

not if you use your bike...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Ah yes. Once again, I am excitied with your ideas Captian. The intro was splendid. Thanking Satoshi Tarajii was excellent. Without him, none of this could be possible. It was a great way to remind yourself to not give up, because he didn't.

But there was a question that i immediatly thought of when seeing the different races of pokemon. Breeding. Is it going to be put into this game? And if you breed a Hoeen horsea with a Orange Island horsea, what will the outcome be? Who's moves will it inherrit.

Excited to here more!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
What about shiny Pokémon? Some of the new variations closely resemble the shiny colours, so it might be a bit hard to tell if you include them...

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Woah just woah, that map is simply amazing, I couldn't believe it when I saw it, I wonder what jobs you will need, if there is any beta testers there will be a stampede for that one and yes I'll be part of it :P

Years
You are one of the people who I have extraordinary respect.That post really brought a tear to my eye.So amazingly well presented,and the way you showed your determination and courage made me realise that not so many people are like you.Starting from now,this game shouldn't be considered as a normal game anymore.It is a work of art.No one would be more fit than you to make this game.You have my total support.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Wow everyone, wow. Your comments are amazing, and very respectful. Thank you Rapidash for that really great on to, thank you very much.

Blazers08, yes. This game will incorperate breeding. But lets take your question about those horsea for example:
If you were to breed a Hoenn Horsea, and an White Bellied Horsea, depending on who's the male and female, you will get a different race. And the males have a offspring race dominance over the females. So, in continuation to this example; lets say the Hoenn Horsea was the male, and the White Bellied Horsea was female. You'd have a 65% chance of having a Hoenn Horsea, rather than a White Bellied Horsea.

Wichu
There will be shineys, yes. And because some variations color might be similar to a shinies color, that just means that that variants shiny may be a whole nother color intirely. Which could in turn make many Pokemon Variants more wanted than others.

Bruom
Yes, each variant will have some sort of stat diference then the orginal Pokemon. Because of the laws of Evolution, Pokemon have adapted to their invironments by building or lowering their stats.

Oh, and Red Gyarados; There are just sooo many ways to get around cities. Just so many ways. Theres:
Walking
Running
Cycling
and Even Taxi!

I will explain those a little later though. But don't worry about how long its going to take get around. Its getting to know the city which is the hard part. I have gotten lost in Viridian City "3" times, and I even made the city myself. And I wasn't just like "oh, where am I again?", it was "OMG, where am I, I could've sworn that building was on this street.

Oh, I also want to know. Should I incoporate street names or a mini-map?

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
street names would be good - might take abit to remember them however
don't like the idea of a mini map, but maybe when you enter a city theres a sign that has a map there so that you could just see where everythign is

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
Years
I cannot see how that would be to much work. All it is is a sign post that reads a streetname. But whatever. I edited my post with more answered questions and an alternative to street names.

I agree with you. A sign saying the name of a street wouldn't be much work at all. But...

Oh, I also want to know. Should I incoporate street names or a mini-map?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, but...

What's a mini-map?

Captain Arcane

Years
A mini map would be a little window that would be on the corner of the screen that shows your position in the city. But it might take of valuable screen room. So, I'm a little iffy on that as well

Scienceboy, I liek your thinking, certain map boards could be placed across the city and town maps so that people could Identify there location. I really like that, I think I may go for it. *props to scienceboy*

Also, I'm jsut about done with the Job Position List. All I have to do now is create a application form. It'll probably take at least 10 minutes.

joeloa

booklover88
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Umm... I can't find the gym in Viridian City. Can you help?
Also, if you do incorparate underground, will you include dusk, dawn, and shiny stones?

Captain Arcane

Years
Sinnoh underground will not be incorperated, I have a replacement for it purpose. Plus, you will be able to mine in any cave in the game. And depending on the cave, you will find different ores, fossils, and stones.

oh, and about the Gym, its located where it sould be. This map follows the same design as the game, and if you remember the location of the map in the old games, then you should be a able to find it. Good luck ^_^

Attention
I have just updated the positions list on the front page, and I will post it here as well so you can look at it now. Also the application is complete as well, enjoy and good luck.

Application From (copy this into your PM)

Spoiler:
Open Positions

Enterior Designers -15 positions open
People who can alter already made furniture, and produce new kinds of furniture. That includes walls, chairs, tables, plants, windows, and anything else that would be indoors. This furniture will be able to be bought at furniture stores across the Pokemon World, and there are goin to be approximately 15 different companies.

Entertior Decoraters - 15 positions open
People who can place, and design building layouts with great design. This position requires the person to have sphere, and is a very tedious position. I will direct you to chich buildings that need designing, and input to what I want the house or building to look like.

Concept Mappers - 7 positions open
This is a very special job, which the person(s) will be working directly along side me. You and I will be drawing up concept maps for cities, towns and routes, that will incorperate the layouts from the anime and the games. People who have scanners may find this job much easier to portray thier ideas, but it is not required. I will be assigning people with cities, towns, routes, caves, or forests to make concepts for.

Tile Artists - 5 positions open
Again, people who fill this position will be working directly along side with me. I will only accept professional tile artists of the highest caliber. The tiles must be neatly designed, and must have that type of "Pokemon feel" about them. I will also look over each tile, and may suggest changes or revisions if nessesary. I also will be assigning city tile set projects that wil require tiles being made to look a certain way. But, this field, wont be very active, though you most likely will partake in the creation of cities and towns.

Overworld Spriters - 15 positions open
This position is very important. I need people who can make many different variations of overworld sprites of NPC's, and also custom overworld sprites. Because this game is using FR, and LG graphics, I need may types of people transformed into overworld sprite from D and P, and a few from R/S/E.

Character Sprite Alterator - 15 positions open
This also is very important. People who wish to fill this category must be able to create an emmense amount of color variations to in-battle trainer sprites. They need to be able to make skin color changes, and clothes color changes. We will be using DP style trainers. I will allow edits of R/S/E and FR/LG sprites, but I have a way of converting it into a DP style sprite. So, if you happen to edit a R/S/E or FR/LG sprite, send it to me to convert, and I will teach you how to convert sprites.

Custom Character Sprite Designer - 10 positions open
You must be able to design custom people from the anime, and maybe other things. People who wish to make custom trainers must be of the very best caliber, the custum character sprites must look authentic. We will be using DP style trainers. I will allow edits of R/S/E and FR/LG sprites, but I have a way of converting it into a DP style sprite. So, if you happen to edit a R/S/E or FR/LG sprite, send it to me to convert, and I will teach you how to convert sprites. I will be realsing a list to all that apply to this position, and you can choose who you wish to design. I will try my best to supply pictures of the charater as well.

Cloth Designers - 15 positions open
This position takes immense skill as a spriter. You must be able to design new clothes, and accessories to be sold at clothes stores for the playable character. The clothes must look neat and actually feel like they belong in the game. There are going to be approximately 15 different clothes companies, some will sell only male clothes, some may only sell female clothes, or some may sell to both.

Pokemon Variant Concepters - 10 positions open
This is a very special field. People wishing to fill this position will create ideas for Pokemon Variants. Your ideas must be at least somewhat realistic, maybe adaptations due to climate change, or something else, etc... These changes must be minor e.g. color changes, or physical appearances. This is one of my favorite factors about this game, I expect great idealists for this field.

Last edited:

joeloa

booklover88
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
are the cars going to be animated?
what are you going to do about trading legendaries?

Captain Arcane

Years
Cars will not be animated, that would be an emense amount of work. But the taxi's that you can rife in will bob up and down as if the engine is running.

and about legendaries. I have a whole idea that fixes problems like that, but its not finished yet. I will be posting it within the next few days hopefully. But I will not reveal it now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
not to be rude .... although its very good .... the maps are gigantopic (oppposite to microtantic) and how is the trainer suppoosed to get around ALL the houses in a few minutes

I feel very sorry for you and those playing the game >.> (being sarcastic)
You get a good feeling when you are a part of a project, and people are calling your maps to big. I would like to see the rulebook that states that cities are only supposed to take a few minutes to traverse, we want the maps to be huge to support the amount of people who will be playing the game.

I don't understand how small maps are better than huge maps. Larger maps add more gameplay, and they are more fun.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Wow! Lots of open position to go. This is a really HUGE PROJECT. I help it can be finish, I knew you can do it, Captain^_^ I like those variatant idea, they are really new to original pokemon games. Yeah, a huge map should have a minimap thingy, street name is also a good idea for it. So think of it^_^. These are my opinion, nothing much.

EDIT: Thanks for listing me as Project Leader. I'll try my best to do everything you asked.

noah73x

Noah
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
WOW this game looks and sounds totally amazing... can't wait for the beta :rambo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back