• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • ..Um..Blaze, I think Moose is just saying it'll take a long time to finish.
    :D

Ditto. I have faith in this game; I just know it won't get finished for another several years. I also know that this thread is turning into spam because there are like no updates and people are basically posting about nothing. For those reasons I think this thread should be closed until the next update.

Years
  • No need to get upset Baconboy (putting the lords name in vain doesn't help either)
    Not for a while pokexpertrainer.
    CA hasn't been round in a while.
    And like others, i am actually starting to get annoyed by the fact he won't talk to any of us...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Well, good luck in completing the game! It looks awesome. I wish the Pokemon Center was large like that in the games, so you could do more than heal, check PC, use the multiplayer functions upstairs, and talk to bystanders. At least one of them, in case multiple Centers of that size are too large for the game's data.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I'm not too annoyed, but I can't write any JS for him till he tells me what JS he wants me to write... So my contribution to the game can't happen untill he talks to me.

Years
  • Well Captain Arcane has a live you know. =p
    There could be many reasons for him to take a break, maybe school maybe a girl. =O
    Meanwhile, you need to be patient and learn to respect his way of completing this game.
    And posting stuff like when is this finished is useless, if you read the first post you know it will take a really long time for a release.
    People these days never read important notes. -.-

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Hey looky theres a stolen Sprite in Crossels siggy haha!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I'm not try to spark up criticism, but... isn't making a game (a ROM, for example) that has textures/textiles based on Nintendo's artwork illegal?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Hey looky theres a stolen Sprite in Crossels siggy haha!
    Why so spammish?

It's not like I'm not annoyed with his absence, but it's not too much of a problem. Even if it takes Cpt. Arcane a month to get back, I won't mind, because I know that he probably hasn't given up. As long as we're patient, we'll eventually get this great game. From the start we pretty much knew this would take a while, so having to wait just a bit longer isn't much of a problem. If anything, it makes sure that he won't be overworked and when he does get back to it, he'll do even better. This game looks amazing, and any amount waiting time is worth it.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • well myspace is not that usual for some people, i havent been there in about a month as well.and beatsta: no its not illegal as long as you give credit where its due, tell you have no ownership of pokemon inc. blah blah blah, and dont make any profits off of it. its a fangame so as long as they dont draw any attention away from the pokemon company or gain money off their ideas, they are fine with it

Years
  • Well i'm not annoyed at the fact that he hasn't been posting
    But more so that i haven't talked to him in forever.
    Like AR said, i also hope is ok.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • ive been lurking these forums for awhile, and just made an account. i must say this game is possibly the greatest thing ive seen in a LONG time. i dont think even nintendo could top this masterpiece! keep up the amazing work Captain!

Years
  • Ok since i haven't seen it posted i need to throw my idea out there

I was on serebii.net and i was reading about how ash battled two of his pokeon in like a scrimmage, well i was wondering if it was possible to do this, battle your pokemon with each other, but not to the point of fainting, just till they got to like 10 hp or so, and attacks could be at half strength or something, so you don't hurt your own pokemon. It could happen at facilities in every town, your mother's house, or in your secret base, house, appartment, etc. or something

am i completely insane or is that not a great idea

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i would ask why ... if you do that, then it would be alot easier to train your pokemon super strong without loosing anything, such as half your gold if you do badly as in the games
    additionally, it would (probably) mean that you have control over both pokemon. Which, would mean that you would probably lean more towards one pokemon, so would it really be a 'fair' battle?
    finally, it would kinda take the fun out of battleing other people if the only way you increase your own strength is by battleing yourself.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I have some bad news for you all.
    Those of you have been paying close attention know that CA hasn't logged in since July 14. Since he's been gone for well over a month, I feel obligated to tell the dedicated Lost World fanbase this. I haven't spoken to Arcane since his last login, which leads me to believe that either something has happened to him which has cut his internet access, or he simply isn't getting on the internet anymore, both worry me greatly.

I'm suggesting to the mods that this thread be closed untill CA's return, or untill I can find out what has happened to him.

Dr.LaTino

Long gamer.
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2012
    Even if AI were to take control of the opposite pokemon to battle each other then you could just choose certain types to battle each other (ie. water vs grass.) An interesting idea, but a flawed one at that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back