• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    Hey C.A. I have a good idea for misty's gym.
    there should be a fish tank across form the battle field and also during certian times of the year you should be able to fight her sisters.
    Some questions, you said that each trainer will be customizable so will you get to buy new clothes and new hair or when you go to a new region will your outfit change like in the show?
    Thanks for your hard work.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Here we go, finally some sensible questions that actually make me happy to answer them.

Alright, many are wondering why I said Route 3 is so perilous. Well, its not just that Route 3 will be the only one, all the routes will be. But because of the amount of trainers that Route 3 actually has on the main path, that alone will pose major problems to completign it. Also, it will become very obvious why I said that when I update next time. All I will say is this.

"Be sure not to wait to long after defeating a trainer, or else, there could be misconception!!!"

The Orange Islands will be very much like the anime. but I will also add my own touch to them as well. Oh, and yes Mooshykris, all GYM battles in the game will be conventional style.
    Mewtwo was created on an island thats located between the Sevii Islands, and the Orange Islands. It is known as New Island. And like I just stated, Mewtwo was in fact created there by Team Rocket, from a fossilized sample of Mew's DNA. But, Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow version could not particularly focus on that part of the story, because the Orange Island did that appear in that game, nor did they appear in any other game. And so because of that, Nintendo created an alternative story plot where Mewtwo was created at Cinnabar Island, instead of New Island. And in order to relate as closely to the original story as possible, they made it so that Mewtwo destroyed the Pokémon Mansion in a blaze, but it was released to the public that inferno was caused by unkown sources. But, if you were to fully investigate the mansion, while playing the games, you would've found peices of a journal that explained the creation of Mewtwo through DNA regeneration from Mew.

Now, to fully answer the question, New Island will appear in the game, it is one of the main climax points for the Kanto journey. The Pokémon Mansion will still be in the game, and will also still be destroyed by Mewtwo, and in order to catch Mewtwo, you must find your way again, through the maze of Cerulean Cave! But I will keep the in depth knowledge of this event in secret, I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Thanx for the great questions everyone, I hope you all are looking forward to the next update. I'm not sure when it will be, but the Pokémon the Lost World Team and I are working very hard. But you must remember, things take time, and school is a factor when it comes to things like this. But I give you my word, that I work on this at every possible moment I have. Also, I won't update the front page for a while, its not really on my top things to do list.

I hope you're all ready for what will be revealed.
    Captain Arcane

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    CA is doing nothing wrong. So there is no way they could sue him.
    As long as he doesn't make a profit from this, it's perfectly legal.

What I meant was that Nintendo owns the idea, but doesn't really care about hacks because the roms came from them, so they still earn a profit. But when someone uses their idea and uses an RPG maker to creat it, then they don't earn any profit. And with a project this big and this many fans already, people would start to download this game instead of buying nintendo's games. And then there's a very good chance that Nintendo would use the excuse that most companies do when they start to loose profit: "It's our idea, and they stole it without our consent." This unfortunately, could hold out in a court of law, even though it doesn't make that much sense. This is what I meant

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    actually, it couldn't. and you're argument is wrong to start
    the majority of people who download hacks don't also buy the roms, they download them from somewhere else. so nintendo doesn't make a profit there
    additionally, if he releases it, like i said, using GPL or something like that, then if nintendo takes it then they will be breaking the law.
    doing this is not illegal, even if nintendo loses money. its a fangame, and caps made sure to make everything from scrap so that the only thing that nintendo might have an argument for is the use of hte name 'pokemon'

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    the majority of people who download hacks don't also buy the roms, they download them from somewhere else. so nintendo doesn't make a profit there
    additionally, if he releases it, like i said, using GPL or something like that, then if nintendo takes it then they will be breaking the law.
    doing this is not illegal, even if nintendo loses money. its a fangame, and caps made sure to make everything from scrap so that the only thing that nintendo might have an argument for is the use of hte name 'pokemon'

I'll ask one of my lawyer friends to find out

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i believe that the timescale is 2-3 years if we're lucky, but most likely 5

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    i don't think that a professional gaming company could finish this in 1.5 years, so i don't think that its possible for something like this to finish in that timespan

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ... What white rock? I don't see one, I see the big cave (and some of the smaller ones.)
    I thought there were going to be campsites, why there a P.C.?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    You are aware you can own concepts, ideas, and plans, right?

Almost everything in this game is a carbon copy of the systems and designs in Pokemon games, not to mention parts of the story, all of which Nintendo owns.

They can sue him, they can order a cease and desist, and they will win.

But Nintendo likeley isn't going to give a rat's ass about this or any other fangames.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    You are aware you can own concepts, ideas, and plans, right?

Almost everything in this game is a carbon copy of the systems and designs in Pokemon games, not to mention parts of the story, all of which Nintendo owns.

They can sue him, they can order a cease and desist, and they will win.

But Nintendo likeley isn't going to give a rat's ass about this or any other fangames.

hm, good point. i had an argument in the past to counter it, but i can't remember it right now. i'll get back to you later :P

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Excuse me qw, but they are in fact, talking about Pokémon the Lost World. And obviously, the subject has changed to copyright information pertaining to Pokémon the Lost World. So, that "is" the subject of talk, and not New Island.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back