• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    Maybe I missed this in earlier posts, but are we going to be able to use the same pokemon once we reach a new region? Or will we need to get new ones. Also, if we keep the same pokemon, what is gonna happen when everyone has level 100 pokemon? Are the levels gonna raise up so the maximum is like 200 or 250?

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Maybe I missed this in earlier posts, but are we going to be able to use the same pokemon once we reach a new region? Or will we need to get new ones. Also, if we keep the same pokemon, what is gonna happen when everyone has level 100 pokemon? Are the levels gonna raise up so the maximum is like 200 or 250?

You're probably going to be able to take your Pokemon with you, and that means that Pokemon are going to get stronger as you travel to each region.

Well, People who get their Pokemon to level 100 are going to be some of the best players xD
    People who start out, will have to pick between the starters at level 5

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    cap'n, can you please put the info in the first post?
    this is teh third person in less than a week ...

Toph

Tower Tycoon Miles Here :D
    Years
  • PROPABLY a PokéVault or something.

when you travvel to a new region you propably need to leave all of your pokemon in a special PokéVault or something, when you finished the new region you can take all of your pokémob there.
    you will propably get a new starter in every region, and when you finished it, you can use all of your previous pokémon back.
    so you'll have a pretty big collection of pokémon.

I hope i'm right with this. maybe Arcane can confirm whats really gonna happen to your pokémon when you enter a new region.

(i read all of the things i said in his post in other previous posts, i hopei'm right)

Isom

Kari Byron is still my lady.
    Years
  • :O Wow! A really really complex game. I would love to see you pull it off. I would have my eyes glued to it for weeks! This is by far the best game made with some sort of game maker I've ever seen, and it even puts most of the hacks to shame. I just really hope this doesn't turn out to be an incomplete game. Your promising a lot and I hope that you keep your word, though even with half of this game I'd be content. It's just so different from the rest of them, keep up the good work man. This is truly and awesome game.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I like the mapping alot. it looks alot more realistic compared to the anime.

Lucario rocks

Mmm... Crispy
    Years
  • News & Question

Any new updates Captain Arcane.

Q: 1. How are the worlds going to work if there are lots of people in the same place, could you have an option where you choose to be online and see players or just be able to see the computer sprites.

2: How will you do the orange islands if you do not know the routes, Will it be like the Sevii Islands and you travel by boat?

3. How will the Sevii Islands be a region? There is only 7 poppulated islands and not enough space for 8 gyms. Instead it could be a contest Region and a grand festival. It could also be an addition to Kanto after completion. And mabye the orange islands could be the same to Johto

These are only ideas. If you do not agree, say why its not right

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Any new updates Captain Arcane.

Q: 1. How are the worlds going to work if there are lots of people in the same place, could you have an option where you choose to be online and see players or just be able to see the computer sprites.

2: How will you do the orange islands if you do not know the routes, Will it be like the Sevii Islands and you travel by boat?

3. How will the Sevii Islands be a region? There is only 7 poppulated islands and not enough space for 8 gyms. Instead it could be a contest Region and a grand festival. It could also be an addition to Kanto after completion. And mabye the orange islands could be the same to Johto

These are only ideas. If you do not agree, say why its not right

1. We will have an online and an offline function
    2. Most of this stuff is being made from scratch, that means routes will be made from imagination
    3. Not every region has to have Gyms -_-

Toph

Years
  • i wasthinking about a MAJOR League after you have beaten every other league (the game) the leagues difficulty will be high (pkmn levels around 80-90 maybe higher).
    the league would be on a gigantic mountain with stairs as far as you can see (and two elevators for those who dont like to walk).

what do you think of this idea Captain Arcane ?
    oh and one final questing how big is one tile (00x00) ?

thank you!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    i wasthinking about a MAJOR League after you have beaten every other league (the game) the leagues difficulty will be high (pkmn levels around 80-90 maybe higher).
    the league would be on a gigantic mountain with stairs as far as you can see (and two elevators for those who dont like to walk).

what do you think of this idea Captain Arcane ?
    oh and one final questing how big is one tile (00x00) ?

thank you!

We are going to include Orre into the game so maybe...Battle Mountain?

Toph

Years
  • thats a fine idea, ( and after the 100th battle, you can enter the Mountain League or something ) or just Mount Battle with the 100 battles.

both are possible i think.

Years
  • I've just read every single post in this thread and I would just like to mention that this game looks über-cool. I'm often trying to make things as well, either as a fan of something or as part of a completely original project, so I can imagine the difficulties and the amount of work ;3
    Of course, like almost everyone else here, I'm looking forward to this... a lot... xD The stuff you have shown and told us so far really amazed me and show the potential there is in this game.
    It's a shame you've been very busy of late, but I know that you (and everyone helping you) can complete this together. *nods* I'll definitely be there cheering you guys on along the way!
    I'm rather interested in helping you with this, but I'm quite unsure of what I can do, and since I haven't worked on any 'official' things yet I'm almost afraid to ask. xD
    (I know a lot of this might have been said before, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to hear it again ;3)
    P.S. You see that? First post on this forum... ever... xD

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • to start with, quote all of the above. I don't think that what I would say differs much from it :D

but, I also have a few questions/remarks:
    1. this might sound a bit, ummm, picky, but the pokemon world is supposed to be based on Japan right? no offence meant, but your world map doesn't look one bit like japan xD I know it's a prototype, but it amused me.
    2. will there be a real pokemon league? IE a tournement instead of the elite four? since the anime has a leage and all.
    3. I think it would be incredibly cool if the indigo plateau would actually be a (semi)huge-ish town. I mean, it's a place where all kinds of trainers come, it would only be logical. plus, in the anime it looks like it's situated in some sort of town as well.
    4. aren't there a bit too much airports? I mean if there already is a subway system, having 4 airports seems a bit too much to me. I know it's more realistical but still...
    this is just to get things clear for myself. but about offline and online, will the entire story be offline and integrate a online battle/trade system? (much like the official games are?) or will you be able to walk online along with all the other players in the map. (I personaly hope for the first...)
    i hope you add an offline function, because all the other players running around bug me....than it will become an MMoRPG and im done with them, and many other ppl r too...
    me too. I'm pretty tired of people that disrespect others (often accompanied by bad grammar and/or l33t sp34k), and those somehow always seem to turn up... not to mention I'd prefer not to hear "I herd you liek mudkipz?" very 5min xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    to start with, quote all of the above. I don't think that what I would say differs much from it :D

but, I also have a few questions/remarks:
    1. this might sound a bit, ummm, picky, but the pokemon world is supposed to be based on Japan right? no offence meant, but your world map doesn't look one bit like japan xD I know it's a prototype, but it amused me. We're basing the maps off of the official Pokemon World Map.
    2. will there be a real pokemon league? IE a tournement instead of the elite four? since the anime has a leage and all. Each Region will have its own Pokemon League, and maybe a tournament
    3. I think it would be incredibly cool if the indigo plateau would actually be a (semi)huge-ish town. I mean, it's a place where all kinds of trainers come, it would only be logical. plus, in the anime it looks like it's situated in some sort of town as well. The towns are based off the Anime more than off of the games, and in the Anime Indigo Plateau did have a town surrounding it
    4. aren't there a bit too much airports? I mean if there already is a subway system, having 4 airports seems a bit too much to me. I know it's more realistical but still... I don't think you realize how tremendously big this game is going to be in size. Hell, even Pallet Town may take 3 minutes to get from the top to the bottom.
    this is just to get things clear for myself. but about offline and online, will the entire story be offline and integrate a online battle/trade system? (much like the official games are?) or will you be able to walk online along with all the other players in the map. (I personaly hope for the first...)
    me too. I'm pretty tired of people that disrespect others (often accompanied by bad grammar and/or l33t sp34k), and those somehow always seem to turn up... not to mention I'd prefer not to hear "I herd you liek mudkipz?" very 5min xD

From what Arcane has told me, he wishes to have it very much like an MMO, so yeah the second one.

I personally think we should have a no l33t rule...

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • wow fast answer :)

I didn't mean the ingame maps, or routes if you'd like to call them that, but the overal map.
    like, kanto is based on the Kanto region of japan, johto on the kansai region and so on and so forth.
    it was no critique btw, just something that amused me very much. it would be awsome if japan suddenly looked like that XD

good point about the size... you probably know that a lot better then me.

as for the online thing, no arguing with the master :)
    online or offline, I'm pretty sure it will rock anyway.
    I'm all for the no l33t rule.

Years
  • Nintendo is inconsistant with the location of route 24: in the anime it goes south from Cerulean to Vermillion, somehow by-passing the routes around Saffron without over-lapping, instead of going north like in the game. since you're planning on keeping everything as close to the anime as possible, how do you plan to reconcile this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back