• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    a demo?you said january and it's march now

It's only one day away from March where I live... Cool.

I feel like asking Arcane some questions, so...

Q1: When do you think the demo will be out?

Q2: How long can we expect the demo to be?

Q3: What is your favourite aspect of the game?

Q4: Do you have any advice for the players whilst playing this game?

Q5: Are you keeping the evolution stones in the Celadon Mart, like in RBY and LG,FR, or are you going to take them out, like in GSC?

Q6: How many new battles and/or boss battles will there be in the demo at least?

That's all for now!

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • @tadano_nika: The phrase is "wipe the floor" not "swipe the floor" but the image is the same I guess. W00t for Pokemon: The Lost World!

~Chef
    XD

*cough* yeah I guess the image is the same, but I edited it now.

a demo?you said january and it's march now
    as long as there will be a demo, I'm happy. I'm really looking forward to seeing this work.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
  • Sometimes developers have other commitments that hinder progress. We're not employed and paid to do these jobs. To us, game development is an enjoyable passtime. A demo will be out when Cpt. Arcane feels ready. Don't pressure the guy! With time comes quality :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2009
    We all know the guy has comittment but this game,acanthine and shiny gold hack are the only reasons I login to pkmncommunity.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Me too. This is going to be a little piece of heaven, perfectly formed into a game.

Anyway. Time to continue the questions!

Q7: Will there be new towns, like from the anime? (Such as Stone Town? I think that would make a rather interesting place to see, like the Stone Town Mansion.)

Q8: Ontop of that, will there be new areas to explore, like from the anime? (Such as Evolution Mountain. I know that they don't really explore it, but it looks cool and would be great in a game.)

That's all for now! Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    dude this game looks awesome, awesome,awesome but you should try to get some more towns and make it so u can play multi player like the wi-fi room in diamond and pearl by the way please finish fast I raely want to play it i am your biggest fan

ps. please dont make it in spainish pleas pleas pleas u rock :t349::t349::t349:

sorry i dont mean to duble post but i ment pleas finshit fast becous i realy wont to play

ps. u still rock:t349::t349::t349:

Last edited:

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    why wouldn't he make it in spanish? he said he'd do that after the game was released in english ... no reason for him not to ...

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    It would be great if you are able to complete it. Playing a detailed game should be great, and it does look like you put a lot of work into it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    Yes. Or at least do part of the game as a beta or demo.

Give him time. If he doesn't post at all in the next week or so, then you can start worrying. Don't worry about it that much, though. Lost World is just an extra thing for Arcane to do once in a while, and he's pretty good at it too!

Just don't take the game for granted. He isn't being paid or anything, it's for fun, fame, (sorta) and for us. Be grateful for what he and the rest of his team are doing. It's more or less the greatest undertaking for a fan made game ever. (Or at least to my knowledge.) Just sit back and wait. Then when the demo comes, you can celebrate for several hours, forget about the game, remember it, download it, celebrate so you forget it again, remember two days later, get everything set up, forgetting Sphere, throw a fit, remember what you forgot after half an hour of rage, install Sphere, and load the game. Then, after playing once a day for a least half month, finsh the "demo" (If it went on for that long, it wouldn't really be a demo. Most demos only have enough in them to make it interesting... Pity) and look at Pokemon the Lost World forums, find new update, read update, download new version...

Heh. I had a lot of fun writing that down, for some weird reason...

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    ok
    i got some good ideas for the multiplayer,
    first off im not sure how ur gonna work the multiplayer engine...
    im hoping ur gonna make a window that shows all the available games in it,
    meaning u can play with people u've never met... (instead of having to know their ip address or only lan connections)
    and each game will be its own world, all the regions in each one ect.

k, you will need to be able to walk away from other people in the game... so when me and my friend are playing together we can look for pokemon in seperate regions and still talk to eachother via lost worlds, not have to stay in the same town or region...

a extremly cool feature would be if a co-op option
    like if me and friend both talk to a gymleader or trainer at the same time it will be me and him vs the gymleade/trainer, but then after the battle we can split up again...

then make some new (better...)moves for co-op...or if u feel realy edgey make moves better once u get a higher level,
    EXAMPLE:
    during a co-op fight a lvl73 houndoom uses growl, both houndoom and his allie get attack increase... but when a lvl 10 houndour uses growl in a co-op fight only houndour gets the attack increase... ect.
    (this would make moves like growl actualy useful...)

and say a person with 1 badge joins a person with all the badges game, will the person with 1badge be screwed cause the gymleaders were defeated already?
    or a cool thing to do, would be make a way to fight trainers/gymleaders twice, cause theres alot of rich ppl/strong gym leaders i wish i could fight twice (with walking 500 steps...)
    since this game will be a on the computer maybe u could make 'f5' battle trainer again or any other key...

one other thing is tornys...where maybe u can make bonus new pokemon just one or two that can only be aquired thru the tornuments, make them extremely strong and cheap but they would kinda be more like a trophy anyways...or since u dont realy seem to like new pokemon maybe a new item that is unaquirable...and makes ur pokemon maxed beaty/cool or defense when they're holding it... ect.

anyway i look forward to seeing this game in action i know u wont even worry about the multiplayer for awhile still...but its just some stuff to consider, good luck

Atomic Reactor

Anyone else have any ideas we could ask Arcane for in this game?

i dont think we should be requesting stuff from capt. arcane. im sure hes already got enough to deal with. why give him more? the game already looks perfect enough

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2009
    True, but he could update a little more often. As I said early, we cannot take this game for granted. All we can do is give him our full support, and hope for the best.

Atomic Reactor

hmmm. he can update as often as he wants. he isnt here to please us. all he really needs from us is support!
    love the game btw. its beautifully done!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back