• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2008
    cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georg000

Big Joe
    Years
  • Do u remember Pokemon yellow, there was that pikachu behind the player.
    would be cool if u make something like that...

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    DUDE THIS IS AMAZING, you should try and make it onto a cartridge like the other pokemon game hacks

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I'm Baaaack!!!! O__o

Alright, I'm back!!! I know I've been gone for a long time, but I've been work'n pretty hard. Also, just so that everyone knows, this is the third time I've posted this, but due to website problems, each one was deleted, so hopefully, this one is for keeps. Know, because I've been gone a while, I have a lot to cover, so I hope you're comfortable, because I'm gonna be talking for quite a while.
    ---Anime Conversions---
    Alright, someone a while back asked if towns from the anime would appear in the game. Well its a complicated answer, its yes and no. I know that in my last update, I plainly said "no", but I have been reconsiderring, though I still have no for sure answer, I'm leaning towards yes. So good news for that I'd say? Now, there also was a question about anime locations being in the game, and the answer to that is yes, there will be many areas in the game that were anime only.

---OlivineCity news---
    So, you all now that my current city project is Olivine City, and you've all seen the little spoiler image from it. Well here's the progress so far; the city is about 3/8 complete (not including indoors). Also, I have a question everyone: When I present Olivine City, I'm only going to post one image of it, now, what I'm doing is giving you the chance to choose the time of day when I display it. So, choose Morning, Day, Afternoon, Evening, or Night; just put your choice at the bottom of your post.

---Languages---
    There has been some talk about different languages. Now, I don't know if some of the replies where sarcastic, but the answer is "No", this game is only being made in english. I'm sorry if that causes you any problems, but there will be no other languages besides english.

---Online Questions---.
    Many of you are worried that "if" the the online factor makes it into the game, that you will only be able to talk, and see people that you know....(WTH) If this is a new game, that no one has played before, then how would you know anyone? But the answer is, there will be be different worlds (severs), and anyone can see or play with anyone. Co-op will also be a feature, where you can battle wild pokemon and other trainers together.

---Pokemon Battle News---
    Oh, and I've finally decided on a battle feature thats been plaguing all Pokemon fans. Originally, Pokemon could learn only 4 moves, when in the anime, pokemon were not limited to the amount of attacks they could learn. But with only four attacks, there wasn't much room for customization. So, I thought how I could balance the system much more, and I think I've found a way. So let me put it into example for you. If you have a baby, it can only take in so much before it becomes confused. You can't just plop a baby into a geometry class and expect progress. But, as the baby grows older and more mature, it understands more, its mind is trained to logical thinking. But, after so long, the baby isn't a baby anymore, is it? Its a kid, then a teenager, then an adult. Well pokemon age, just like humans, and other life forms... but where is the product? What is gained by becoming more mature, other than more power. Nothing, there is nothing gained. So, I've decided to make a "gain". So, here's my new innovation to pokemon.

Pokemon Level
    Lv.70: 6 attacks
    Lv.90: 8 attacks

So, by reading this, you should understand that, pokemon that are between level 1 and 69, can learn 4 moves. When pokemon reach level 70, they can learn 6 moves. And finally, when pokemon reach level 90, they can learn 8 moves. So, finally, pokemon will be at such a customizable state, that its practically unbearable!!!!

---Mt.Battle---
    Alright, about a page back, there was some talk about Mt.Battle. And the answer is yes, Mt.Battle will appear in this game (I don't see why it wouldn't, it's so big). But the only thing I've done for Orre is the world map, and ideas. So, don't expect any information about Orre for a long time.

---Clearing up some unknown confusion---
    About two pages back I think, Heatran announced that I had finished many towns and cities, and that I have not released them yet. Well, that's partly true. The truth is that I have many, many, many tiles done. I do in fact have other maps that are made, but are not official.
    Note: Heatran, I'm not blaming you or anything, I'm simply just clearing up and clarifying things. ^_^

---House/Secret Base---
    K, so, people have been wondering about whether or not there will be secret bases in the game. The answer to that question is "no". But I do have something similar to that, but I'm not going to reveal any information about it at this time. (isn't the anticipation agonizing XD)

---Sevii Islands---
    A person a while back asked how the Sevii islands are going to work if there are no gyms… well ugh…that's kinda a weird question. It's like asking how some cities and towns with no gyms work. But basically, the Sevii islands are mainly just for side-quest purposes.

---Orange Islands---
    Alright, many people are wondering how I'm going to make the routes in the OrangeIslands because there are no distinct routes described. Well, all I have to say is, anime incorporation, and imagination. And you've all seen what happens when I use my imagination on my maps!

---My work---
    Alright, I'm constantly being asked what program I use to make my tile sets, and all my other artwork. So I tell them, and the reaction I get is all the same! And my friends can't believe I do it, and say that if I announced it, people would freak. And I'm like "I don't know, I don't see what's so impressive about it." But, they keep telling me to tell the community, so I will. -- The program I use to make all the sprites, tile sets, and any other artwork is simply Microsoft Paint. I do own photoshop, but for making something as simple as pokemon tile sets and artwork, I see no reason to use something so advanced as photoshop. So, I just use paint, its simple, and easy to use. Now, I really don't see what's so impressive about it, but whatever.

---Last but not least---
    Okay, for many, many months, I've been thinking about the beta. And ever since I started the game, I was worried about betas and demos ruining the quality of the game. See, for a game like this, which I put my full effort into it, and my highest quality work, takes an immense amount of time. And the last thing I want to see is my thanks to Nintendo become spoiled and ruined by hurried work. And I'm also sure that everyone who is looking forward to playing this game does not want to see the quality lower, and become "just another pokemon fan game". So, after long thought and deliberation, I have to the conclusion that I will "NOT" be releasing any beta, or demo. And I'm pretty sure, that I will never send out a beta, or demo in the history of this games making. All its doing is rushing me…..and for something like this, that's really, really bad. So, I am extremely sorry and sad to announce this, but it is for the best, in every which way. Now, I know that many of you are sad, disappointed, or even mad. But on the other hand, many are happy, one being Fangking Omega. One of many I know that are extremely happy to know that I'm not succumbing to the whole "I have to send out a beta to make my game look good". Alright, just because someone sends out a beta within the first week of a game showcase, doesn't make it a good game. It most likely means it's a rushed game, that has many script errors, and also that it will most likely never be released. Don't believe me, go check out the archived games thread, its loaded with more than enough proof. But still, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that I have caused, but remember when I said that I wasn't going to give an exact release date for the demo? This is why. Again, I'm sorry, but this is for the best, and all I can say to everyone is thanks for their support and encouragement. It does more than you could imagine. The feeling of logging on to the community and seeing all the replies and views, and people posting how much they love it, and how it's a dream come true. Seriously, I cannot repay you enough; all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you. So in reality, you all are helping me make this game. Again, thank you everyone, thank you.

Thanks again everyone!! ^__^ (sorry, I'm really grateful)
    But also, I'm very sorry. But remember, its for the best.

Thanx again!

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Um, I've got to say one thing and one thing only. YOU ARE MY HERO.

Glad I got that out. This is what I've always wanted in a game. Seriously.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I just stumbled onto this topic and I must say I am flabbergasted. This is a huge project and the most impressive one ive seen yet. I definitely cannot wait for any sort of release. I have a question. Will you be able to meet any other main characters from the games? (IE main character from G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P?)

Tadano_nika

Mononoke
    Years
  • the pokemon move thingy. you made my deams reality xD
    (ok not reality but close to it) during many sleepless nights I've been thinking how
    would my dream pokemon game look, and that is exactly one of the things I came up with!

about paint. I can understand you working with it. pokemon sprites are indeed not insanely difficult so that you need something like phtoshop. I myself use Photoshop elements for all things I make, simply because I'm more used to it. (and the fact that I'm always arguing with paint and can't seem to get it to work properly for me)

as I already posted in my now-deleted-due-to-server-problems post: I'm a bit sad that there will be no demo. but I bet that the end result is more then worth it.

olivine: evening :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2010
    What is the point of telling people not to DISREPECT the crew? I mean, it's not like you have any power over them if they do, and it's not going to stop people with bad intentions anyway. It's unnecessary to write that, and makes you look like elitists.

Also, what will be the number of moves for pokemon levels between 40-70? You just jumped from 40 to 70 without bridging the gap.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • What is the point of telling people not to DISREPECT the crew? I mean, it's not like you have any power over them if they do, and it's not going to stop people with bad intentions anyway. It's unnecessary to write that, and makes you look like elitists.

Also, what will be the number of moves for pokemon levels between 40-70? You just jumped from 40 to 70 without bridging the gap.

Why say "do not disrespect them", because they do not need it. They do the work, and for someone to come on here and disrespect them, no. And if someone did, I would instantly report them.

What do you mean, I jumped, and didn't bridge the gap. There is no gap, when your pokemon reach level 70, they can learn 6 moves, and when they reach 90, they can learn 8.

A.T.K.

>>"{LoneWolf}"<<
    Years
  • Instead of no beta/demos.....

Ok...I know there isn't not going to be a demo/beta, but why not instead release the game in parts. Like when you finish the first region you release that as, part one of "Pokemon Lost World'. Then the same for the next region.... but as a patch to add to part one.
    Well that is how I see how it should be, instead of no demo/betas.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back