• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

She's talking about something that we were on subject of...

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    according to wikipedia, smilesoft was shut down after the president was arrested, after which the titles were bought by rocket company. i don't know what he was arrested for though

qw

Years
    C.A. say someone in lost world asks to trade you his haunter so it would evolve you do it but you don't want to give the pokemon back and you run away with it(the pokemon). will the game make you give that guy back his pokemon or will it be his fault for trusting you and you get to keep the pokemon.

And will you be able to be a gym leader, and say you get to the champ but some kid won it will you battle the kid or usaual person(like garry)(and for this if you win champ will there be a special key iteam that alows you to battle the peson even if your somewhere like hohen and there in kanto.

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    If you'd like to know my opinion, I'd have to say B. I am a supporter (and much more then you may think :P) of this project, but I must say, as a fan, no game would ever be the same as a real Pokemon Game, nor could it ever replace them.

~Mooshykris

Sorry to keep dragging this topic on. I wasn't really asking for people to answer, I made that question to convey my point that the game is going to be so good that people might start to download it instead of buying the nintendo games, which would start to dwindle nintendo's proffits, which would make them try to find out, and if they find out that this project is the reason for their loss of proffits, they might want to sue this game to try to make people buy their games again, and to avoid that situation, C.A. might want to consider looking into a liscencing agreement.

And plus, I didn't start this topic, this was the post that sparked this debate

I agree, I think nintendo will loose a good chunk of money when this project is complete. I also think that nintendo will do one of 2 things if they hear about this project:
    1.) try to make an even better game
    Pokémon the Lost World
    , but have it way overpriced
    Pokémon the Lost World
    , or
    2.) try to sue the pokecommunity
    Pokémon the Lost World

They shouldn't even think about doing numer 2 though because if they don't want to takt the time to make 1 beast pokemon game, they shouldn't be complaining if someone else wants to

kay3o

B)
    Years
    First off, anyone with working eyes could tell that this ins't completely custom. Have any of you seen the trees, flowers, rocks, water, skinny trees?

But, this is to you kay3o, all the tiles that I have that are not in the official games, were made by me 100% percent. I can't see how you would imply that my Pokémon Center building tiles, or my other building tiles are edits. I don't ever recal seeing seeing Prof. Oak's lab created in any game like I have, not to mention the pallet town buildings. Those are not edits, those are custom.

Uh..

Look,
    Pokémon the Lost World

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2020
    kay: your point still isnt proven captain made his buildings him self of course he is going to use that style of wall though to make it look like an authentic lab and it worked out great !

and if you take a look at viridian city ...that map is a custom map .
    have you seen the barricade near the gym have you seen the massive buildings .

Nintendo didnt make those captain did !!!!!!

kay3o

B)
    Years
    Those are the exact same walls, when JPG'd..
    The colors of the bricks and the alinement's of them, they are the same..

I really don't get how someone can sprite something custom and then the textures of it turn out like the official one..
    And I bet you, I could find more buildings that are edits in your project.

Last edited:

joeloa

booklover88
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Will all the safari zones be in the game? I know that there are alot of them and it would be cool if you opened them all so you could have a better chance of catching different pokemon.
    Will there be the Pal Park?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    hahaha, I just love how ridiculous the discussions here are getting to be.

Fighting over tiles and copyright, and constantly asking about far fetched features and concepts that don't even make sense, especially for a Pokemon game :P

~Mooshykris

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Enough, I've had it with everyone.

First off, about the whole Diamond and Jade story that I posted. I was told that by many people when I used to be on the Nintendo forums. And apparently they, and I were wrong. Thank you for clarifying taht. I will be sure not to make that mistake again.

Second.
    I said in my last post to stop worrying about liscensing agreement, and copyright problems. If I find any more posts concerning it, I will report is as spam.

kay3oYeah, that is the same brick design, but it is not an edit of the brick design itself. I did not take the brick, and then build onto it to make the whole building. I made the building itself, as a whole, completely custom, and then, decided to add that brick design. You're making it seem like I didn't make the building, and that I creating everything around the brick design. If you are going to start an argument, I advise you otherwise, mainly because 1. you will loose, and 2. I will report you for spamming.

Oh, and I do bet that you could find more custom building tiles, with a few textures that I used from the original games. Because I'm not denying at all, that I didn't use official textures.

And don't go thinking that I'm trying to quiet you up, incase you might expose me. As if I'm a fraud, or something. Because I'm not, you're taking this way out of context, and are on the way to a warning if you keep this up.

Again, if you keep this conversation up, I will report you.

End of discusion.

Right now, I'm not in the mood to answer any questions pertaining to anything. I'm too busy right now to settle stupid, petty arguments, and continue to tell people to stop talking about a specific subject.

So, anyone who talks about copyright, or tile fraud (kay3o), will be reported for spam, and any other forum rules they break.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Well that summed everything else up nicely, ... CA said that there would be Trains, Plains, & Automobiles (terrible joke), to take us across the Pokemon World, so what I ask is that will we be able to fly across Johto to Kanto, not some crazy long thing from Hoenn to Sinnoh, thats it, good day.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Captain Arcane, I'm sorry, I respect you as a game designer but you obviously don't know the first thing about spriting.
    Kay3o is completely right.

If you did not place each, individual, single, pixel yourself.

IT IS NOT CUSTOM.

Nobody is saying it's bad or wrong of you to take those bricks; I did myself for a house actually, but what we're saying is you can't claim it's custom when it isn't.

Hell, the texture of the buildings is half the effort. (come to think of it, it's probably much more than half, actually)

Don't try and argue spriting with Kay3o and I, you'll lose.

And I don't care if you report me; if you get input into this argument then you should be ready to recieve input.

Last edited:
    Years
    Pff like you 2 are good spriters hahah.
    I just checked the stupid aguement and this is bullcrap seriously.
    If you guys think it is an easy job to make custom tiles, try it out yourself and show me the result!
    there is a difference between copying the whole design, or using your imagination to make it look the same, but it always has it differences.
    I dont know why you 2 wanna proof he's wrong cause he is not.
    And I thought he said to stop this conversation, just respect what he asks you.
    Remember he's making a game so big you cannot imagine, he can also stop this whole project in 1 second so think twice before you wanna start an arguament with him...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well, here's somebody else on Pokecommunity who can't read!

1. At no point did I say either Kay3o or myself are good spriters; I said we know what we're talking about.

2. I never said he should stop his game, I never said he should put more effort into his tiles; he shouldn't, he does a very good job, but ultimately in spriting terms they are not "custom".
    (The argument began on a legal basis, with claims that Arcane did not take any graphics from Pokemon games [i.e. his graphics are all custom], but legally, he did take graphics from the games, in the form of wall "textures", thus they are not legally custom either)

3. I also did not say it was easy to make tiles, nor did I say I could do better than Captain Arcane.

4. Should I sprite a tile and show you the result, it would be much better than anything you can pull off; accusing me of not being a good spriter when you have not seen any of my work is simply stupid.

5. You arguing his side only makes it worse for him, because frankly apart from being difficult to understand, once your badly written message has been deciphered it makes very little sense.

Now you run off and have fun with the other children who jump to one-sided conclusions without even reading the message properly.
    Good day.

Years

1. At no point did I say either Kay3o or myself are good spriters; I said we know what we're talking about.

2. I never said he should stop his game, I never said he should put more effort into his tiles; he shouldn't, he does a very good job, but ultimately in spriting terms they are not "custom".
    (The argument began on a legal basis, with claims that Arcane did not take any graphics from Pokemon games [i.e. his graphics are all custom], but legally, he did take graphics from the games, in the form of wall "textures", thus they are not legally custom either)

3. I also did not say it was easy to make tiles, nor did I say I could do better than Captain Arcane.

4. Should I sprite a tile and show you the result, it would be much better than anything you can pull off; accusing me of not being a good spriter when you have not seen any of my work is simply stupid.

5. You arguing his side only makes it worse for him, because frankly apart from being difficult to understand, once your badly written message has been deciphered it makes very little sense.

Now you run off and have fun with the other children who jump to one-sided conclusions without even reading the message properly.
    Good day.

Your good in insulting someone who ain't english so my english may look strange to you little kiddo.
    And I dont wanna go further with this conversation, you think you dissed me or anything in that direction but you didn't.
    Ow and if you sprite a tile it won't be better then mine trust me..
    So for your own sake stop being the smart ass cause I have alot more experience in sprites/tiles then you, so even if My english is not as good as yours I still know what i'm talking about oke ?
    Your not even worth my time your just wanna proof your right, but the fun part is your not :D
    And one last thing Ac said to stop this so don't make me post another message okay ?
    Thank you come again :)

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    You didn't rebut anything in my post.

"I have alot more experience in sprites/tiles then you"
    You haven't even seen my sprites, how childish.

Oh, and by the way, I didn't attempt to "dis" you or "insult" you at all.
    When I said you can't read, I was referring to the fact you obviously chose not to read my post, not how well you can spell or what your native tongue is.

If you're not capable of holding a civilised discussion without CONTINUOUSLY jumping to conclusions, maybe you shouldn't reply to my posts at all.

So for the love of god if you intend to be such a tough guy kindly at least read my post first.

qw

Years

Good day.

Shut-up you try spriting a whole game.If you don't like it then go somewhere else.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back