• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeloa

booklover88
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    A couple of questions:
    Are there going to be poffins and pokeblocks, both?
    They both seem very similar to me, and, if you were to incude both of them, would you make it region-wide only?

Are there going to be apricorns in more regions than just in Johto and will there be more of them?
    Also, will the apricorns act like berries, were they can get replanted?

Will the storyplot be similar to the third game of the trilogy, like yellow, crystal, emerald, and platnium, or will it follow a completely new and different storyplot?

Previous to this, you said that you would keep getting rivals as the game progressed. Will that still apply and will Manga and Anime rivals become activated, or just regular in game rivals?

Will there be mini-games?

Will there be night and day, weather, and the seasons? Also, will there be holidays in the game? (If you had to buildings decorated?)

Will there be other variations that aren't only gender and place related? The example i'm thinking of is pichu. (Notched-Ear, Pikachu-Colored, Pichu with hairtuff, and regular)

Will there be a different shiny pokemon for each variation of the pokemon?
    I know this is kind of random, but will there be albino pokemon, that can only be obtained through special events?

What are you going to do about the storyplot of the ranger games and the Xd/Colosum games?
    Will you make dark pokemon and have the snag machine? When you go to the rangers regions, will your pokeballs be revoced and replaced with a styler?

Will oak's lab in the snap game be included?

Will you be there onthe day when the other four get their pokemon?
    Are the two girls supposed to be like the two girls from manga?
    Do you automatically get a bulbasuar because the other two girls get the other two starters, or will yo get to choose form all three?

Last edited:

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • I think I can answer a few of them
    1. There will be a day and night cycle, but I don't know about season, although I think rhuan could do that
    2. there will be a different shiny pokemon for each variants
    3. there will be shadow pokemon, and snag balls, but I don't know about a snag machine
    4. I guess you could say that you are one of the three people that got to oak's lab before ash did because he slept in, so you can choose any of the kanto starters you want
    I hope this helps

And kaosman14 was asking for a download link, but I told him there was none (in spanish)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    all i can say to this game is, wow. this is everything i have ever
    wanted in a pokemon game. The idea of totally remaking the look of the towns/cities,
    a great story line that isnt the same old crap we see and here of in every new pokemon game,
    and the fact that its just what pokemon games should be, it has the feeling of the traditional
    games mixed with a a little bit of the original TV series of pokemon. I can see that nobody
    has posted a comment on here in about 2 years, and i hope that this game is still in production.
    But even if it takes longer im supporting this game all the way.

eh scratch the 2 years part my bad haha

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Attention, Important Information!

First off, before I explain anything, I would like to apologize for my unfortunate absence.

As many of you know, I've been gone for about a month's time. Now please, try to understand, I was not planning this, nor was it expected, it just happened. This is very important to the future of the Lost World, so please read-on.

About last month, my computer basically broke down. It first started with noises, and then it went to randomly shutting down, and now it is at the point were it will not turn on. At the moment, I'm using a temporary connection, this is not permanent, and so I will not be able to log on often. But here is the most important part.

All of the data and progress from the game is on that one computer. If I cannot retrieve the data from that computer when my new computer arrives, this will all end. Everything that my team and I have done will end. If all of this is lost, there will be no recovery, it will just simply end.

So as of now, I'm very happy to see that my staff has been able to keep the thread intact, and it gives me great encouragement to see that the fans are still here.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for all of this. I hope you can all see how this was completely unintentional, and unplanned. So I'm hoping you will all be able to forgive this major blunder.

But on the bright side of things, if I am successful in retrieving the data from my computer to the new one that I will be getting, then not only will things be back to normal, but progress should be faster. My old computer has many limitations, and is nowhere near any of the current computers today. A common joke I use to describe my computer is that the only thing it's good at is turning on, and it's even bad at that.

So, I hope you all can see the greener grass, and the "hopeful" hill.

Again, I want to apologize, I never wished for this to happen. It was sudden, and I have only just now been able to connect with you. But please remember that this connection is not permanent, and I will not be able to log on often until I receive my new computer.

On a last note, I want to thank all of you, especially my team. I cannot even explain to you how happy I am right now to see that you are all still here, and that hopefully we will all still be together for a much longer time.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for all of this mess.

Thank you everyone, and a big thanks to my staff. You are more loyal than I could have ever imagined, and it makes me very proud to see you still toughing it out.

Thank you everyone, lets all hope for the best.

Sincerely,
    Captain Arcane

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ]
    I hope just hope that you can recover everything captain. I mean all you have to do is transfer the HDD to your new PC and then back it up. And hopefully it wasnt a virus cause then well this is the end to lost world. The most ambitious game here and the most potential might be done for? Finito kaput. Gah Captain you do not know how mad and sad I am. *sobs*
    PS its mitchman got a name change. *goes back to sobbing*

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ]
    I hope just hope that you can recover everything captain. I mean all you have to do is transfer the HDD to your new PC and then back it up. And hopefully it wasnt a virus cause then well this is the end to lost world. The most ambitious game here and the most potential might be done for? Finito kaput. Gah Captain you do not know how mad and sad I am. *sobs*
    PS its mitchman got a name change. *goes back to sobbing*

I know, but I'm very confident that I will be able to retrieve everything.

But then again... what is confidence in the face of reality?...

Either way, we all just have to be patient, and hope for the best.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    hmmmm, I kind of figured this would end up happening eventually. Your disappearance was quite sudden, so I was sure something wasn't right, and TLW itself might be in danger.

But oh well,

~Mooshykris

Years
  • It should be easy to recover everything if the hard drive is not the problem. If the motherboard is starting to go due to the CPU overheating because of a malfunctioning fan, just take the hard drive out and stick it into an enclosure. If it is the hard drive, however, in some cases you can take apart the hard drive, take the disks out, and place them into a working hard drive.

But this is really sad news. Hopefully you can recover the game. It looks sweet.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I actually overreacted there sorry! I just love this game and I do hope it will not be canceled and it will continue. Only cause the past few days now that school died down in time for easter break(christian easter over here) I came up with variant ideas. But i got stuck with Sinnoh so I might even not be much use cause the game might not even go that far. But yeah whatever I do hope things go well.

Waudby

I'm sorry to hear about this Captain, but as stated before it should be possible to get your data off of the hard drive.

If not, then I'm sad to see this go. I'd really like to see work continued either way because this has a lot of interest to it, and it's also made in Sphere :P

I'm sure it wouldn't be the end of you even if this stops, you'll hit back with something again :D

Waiting to hear more news.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    easiest way would be just to take out the hard drive and plug it into another computer. or, if you want, you can pay 5$ to bring it in someplace and have them make it into an external hard drive. either way, its not that hard to get data off of a dead computer. it really just sounds like your CPU overheated or something

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • Glad to see you back CA, and I'm really sorry for what my staff member Moose did to you and your game. I have already officially demoted him and I will make an apology thread in game development forum later today. Please accept my apology and good luck with Pkmn LW!

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • the computer might not even have anything wrong with it. My sister's computer had similar symptoms once, but when we took it to a professional to check it out, half a pound of dust fell out from the computer. I hope this helps, and if not, then I suggest the "geek squad" from "best buy" if you live in America

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back