• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
  • Wow, I'm amazed. I mean the maps, they're immense, Route 1, 2 and 3 could probably cover half of Hoenn or Kanto, and yet there is still probably hundreds of maps to come. This game might take a very long time, but I better buy a new hard drive, it's going to take up a lot of memory =].

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Captain: Sorry if I didn't say much... With nothing coming from you and no way to contact you I just moved on to all the other things I have to do... I will of course still be here if the project is continuing though.

Sandro™

Retired!
    Years
  • Even if i didn't post here for a while i am still updated on a few parts of the thread..
    Captain: I know all will go well and everything will go fine so TLW can continue to grow.. Just be calm and everything will go well. I'm still the supporter that saw this thread a few months ago and will stay to the end! Good luck with the Recovery of TLW Data!

-Sandro

Years
  • Yeah things are just awkward right now
    This game has a 50-50 chance right now.
    I'm trying to make contact with him.
    So anything i get, you guys will be informed.
    Okay?

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Hey Captain Arcane,

Does Sphere use JavaScript as its scripting engine? I have implemented a battle system in my browser based game that may even be useful to you.

Sam

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    Could perhaps in this game, legendaries be bred? But make them have extremely long hatching times? Since this game is so big, make them as long as an entire walk by foot around all the areas. It would take forever, and only determined breeders would probably raise them. Just a suggestion though.

Also, you had mentioned that the level cap for the first area is level 20, which means it must take an extremely long time to level up. Maybe when you travel to johto, the new starters could have accelerated leveling until 20.

Last edited:

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • Could perhaps in this game, legendaries be bred? But make them have extremely long hatching times? Since this game is so big, make them as long as an entire walk by foot around all the areas. It would take forever, and only determined breeders would probably raise them. Just a suggestion though.

Also, you had mentioned that the level cap for the first area is level 20, which means it must take an extremely long time to level up. Maybe when you travel to johto, the new starters could have accelerated leveling until 20.

the legendary idea is a good idea, but maybe not for some pokemon like dialga, palkia, arceus, ect... But some of the other legendaries have been mentioned to have be or have been part of a once common species.

No, what that means is that any pokemon that you had in your team in a different region will not obey you if you go to the jhoto region, until you have enough gym badges. It is a rather confusing system to explain, but it actually makes alot of sense

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Glad to see you guys are keeping up with this.. I have been watching this one for quite some time now, and am pretty glad to see motivation and support is still booming!
    You guys have a long road ahead of you... A LOT of mapping I say, lol. Lots of dialogue... Lots of everything! But so long as you find a way to stay motivated, then you will manage to make the most anticipated MMORPG Pokemon game ever!

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    the legendary idea is a good idea, but maybe not for some pokemon like dialga, palkia, arceus, ect... But some of the other legendaries have been mentioned to have be or have been part of a once common species.

No, what that means is that any pokemon that you had in your team in a different region will not obey you if you go to the jhoto region, until you have enough gym badges. It is a rather confusing system to explain, but it actually makes alot of sense

Actually, I fail to see the sense in starting all over. If I wanted to start from the beginning in Johto, I'd go play GSC :/

It takes the fun out of it to have to start all over in a game you're nowhere near completed.

~Mooshykris

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I just looked over the maps in the first post and I can't see myself playing this game. The scale just turns me off completely.
    I know this sense of scale is your goal, but the while maps look impressive at first glance, they really aren't.
    Pallet town is so bare, plain and un-interesting.
    Route 1 seemed okay when I first looked at it but the little one tile size patches of the paths are actually annoying me looking at them now.
    Route 2 has a few tree errors that I'm sure have been fixed but there is so much wasted space on this map and way to big.
    Route 3 is worse then pallet town and I would not be able to tell where I am in the games resolution.
    These maps look impressive as images, but in gameplay they will be a nightmare. WAAAAY to big and as I said above, will be a nightmare to tell where you are unless you are looking at the map file as an image. If you had some crazy form of transport (a bloody jetpack would be needed- a bike wouldn't do ha) that can be accessed at the press of a button it might be a bit bearable.

I can only see fan boys of you and the game to play this, but I can see most users not wasting time with it. You would need so much free time to invest to get into this game and I think that judging by the 4 maps I've seen, that's asking for too much free time of the general audience here.

Years
  • I just looked over the maps in the first post and I can't see myself playing this game. The scale just turns me off completely.
    I know this sense of scale is your goal, but the while maps look impressive at first glance, they really aren't.
    Route 1 seemed okay when I first looked at it but the little one tile size patches of the paths are actually annoying me looking at them now.
    Route 2 has a few tree errors that I'm sure have been fixed but there is so much wasted space on this map and way to big.
    Route 3 is worse then pallet town and I would not be able to tell where I am in the games resolution.
    These maps look impressive as images, but in gameplay they will be a nightmare. WAAAAY to big and as I said above, will be a nightmare to tell where you are unless you are looking at the map file as an image. If you had some crazy form of transport (a bloody jetpack would be needed- a bike wouldn't do ha) that can be accessed at the press of a button it might be a bit bearable.

I can only see fan boys of you and the game to play this, but I can see most users not wasting time with it. You would need so much free time to invest to get into this game and I think that judging by the 4 maps I've seen, that's asking for too much free time of the general audience here.

If the ingame maps were a bit more comprehensive than normal game maps (and therefore more like real maps) getting lost and such wouldn't be a problem. I think Cap'n said movement speeds would be faster than normal too, but i could be remembering wrong. I for one think the maps are impressive.

I noticed the map errors too though. :P

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I just looked over the maps in the first post and I can't see myself playing this game. The scale just turns me off completely.

Then you obviously haven't noticed the 120+ pages of positive comments

Years
  • so when will this game actually take off??
    i mean how far along is it and when will the beta be out???
    i think that instead of slowly completeing a hacked game.. ppl shud just do the entire game if possible to the point where yu only beat the gym leaders and go thru it real quick but THEN start adding little things like items at certain places.. editing the text,, inserting people.. etc.. that way ppl will still b able to play the game even tho its not finished ( by that i mean the little things arent finished...)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • so when will this game actually take off??
    i mean how far along is it and when will the beta be out???
    i think that instead of slowly completeing a hacked game.. ppl shud just do the entire game if possible to the point where yu only beat the gym leaders and go thru it real quick but THEN start adding little things like items at certain places.. editing the text,, inserting people.. etc.. that way ppl will still b able to play the game even tho its not finished ( by that i mean the little things arent finished...)

READ THE FIRST POST
    There will be NO BETA
    Then the game is released, it will be done, DO NOT ASK FOR A BETA, OR A BETA RELEASE DATE.

EDIT: 600th POST!

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
    Years
  • 1. A couple of years.
    2. NO ASKING FOR WHEN A BETA IS GOING TO BE OUT
    3.IT'S NOT A HACK!
    CaptainArcainine Said he will not be releasing any demos.
    Since your new why don't you start reading the first popst and the RULES!

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Then you obviously haven't noticed the 120+ pages of positive comments

And you obviously did not see the comment about fanboys. *cough*

I agree though. I will definitely play this game upon release but I see what Neo is trying to say. As great as the maps are and everything, I could see the maps getting tedious to walk through.

And in case you did not realize it, Neo did not mean it as an insult to CA or TLW. It is constructive criticism. If CA wants to disagree with him, then that is his business. But he does not need fanboys doing it for him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    http ://fc01 .deviantart .com/ fs42/f/ 2009/ 110 /a/ b/ Magnemite_alternate_form_by_supersaiyandoyle .jpg (remove the spaces)

This magnemite is a rare form found in the depths of the orange islands. It's screws, it's main weak point, have fallen off, and covered in more magnets. They increase it's overall electric power, but the extra weight and magnetic interference cause a severe drop in speed.

This is my alternate magnemite form for the game. I'll make more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back