• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Shining Shores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
    Wicked your hack rocks!

My Suggested titles are:
    Kingdom
    Platinum
    Ultimate Adventure

Hes already decided, the competition closed yesterday:
    Well, the hack name's been thrown out. ~Jack~'s name suggestion of "Shining Shores" is the winner of the competition!

So Jack, go pick a trainer name, the trainer type/existingsprite, three Pokémon, the level set (20-30, 50-60 or (70-80), and you'll be the only person (besides Shadow, who is integral to Shadow Inc.) to have a trainer cameo from PC. =p

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well, firstly congratulates to ~Jack~ for his suggested to be chopsen - you earned it, and thank goodness you chose that name HS. It fits well with the hack's theme and idea. ;) The plot will be a neat one. So you're leaving your Pokemons behind...which makes me ask, who will be the starting Pokemons for this hack?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I'm pretty much going to stick with the Hoenn starters this time. I may change it, however, should I find a way to implement the National Dex in Ruby/Sapphire.

Sounds good. :) But yeah, RB doesn't need a National Dex, since you can just trade any of the 386 Pokemon into it, but I guess it should do with a legit Pokedex ... which I'll ask, how mayn Pokemon will be in Shining Shores? Will it be the 200 from RBE?

$_$

?????????
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    Great work on the game. Hope you finish soon.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, seems like I'd need to get a Sapphire... XD

Good screenshots, and yeah, I think it will be hard to figure out if there's a way to enable the Dex. (Now I remember Sergio told us a code to use in his game, to make the National Dex work... :laugh:)
    Don't get too stuck with it (but if you are really having problems, I'll just throw the idea of trying Emerald)

Good luck with it, man. Even though you know which of both is my fave...! XD

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    Here are the codes, cut and pasted directly from Sergio's game text thing.

1 E7343B1C1E9465D8

2 03C39BA2B0541E66

3 85DC5BF376315A10

Of course, they could be codes for something else, but I'm pretty sure it's for the pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well, I know nothing about hex codes and what-not, but don't let it hinder you and the production of this game. :) However, hope that you're get a National Dex working in Shining Shores, and good luck with it! :D

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Here are the codes, cut and pasted directly from Sergio's game text thing.

1 E7343B1C1E9465D8

2 03C39BA2B0541E66

3 85DC5BF376315A10

Of course, they could be codes for something else, but I'm pretty sure it's for the pokedex.

Hey furrypaws, there's only one slight problem... Sergio's game is a hack of Ruby, while HS's will be a hack of Sapphire, thus meaning the code will be different, most likely. Besides, I guess he doesn't want the player to be using codes to access the Dex, right?

According to guides at gamefaqs, you just need to trade a poke from FR/LG to R/S. Would there be a way to access the trading script? O.O

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    Haven't seen this before, so is there going to be a bus stop instead of a truck?

It'd be so cool to see a bus stop, but you'll need alot of new tiles, or you can have the train thing for Pokemon Gold...no wait, that's a new tile too.

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Oh wow i won the title competition! Wow thats great!

peirau

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Nice hack great work:) Can i help with something?

DiamondDust

Years
    The name is alright for me, but it's known for the name to be a reference to something happening in the game like:

Ruby - The color of Ruby is red which is also the color of Groudon.
    Sapphire - The color of Sapphire is blue which is also the color of Kyogre.

You get me, but if there ain't then just make up a tile like a tree which glows or something.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    there are SHINING SHORES... omgsh omgsh omgsh??

it's a nice name. though it does sound a little editorial, it's nice.... so shaddup XD

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    on topic:hey this looks like an awsmoe hack :P i hope it doesnt get closed or stopped being made
    off topic: i thought id leave a comment just in case nobody did untill nxt month so im saving this thread :P

DiamondDust

Years
    Nice try geoklkl.

Shining Shores is still bothering me like someone is poking my back everytime I see someone has replied to this, but keep the progress coming.

Keep Us Amazed and Waiting --> Still Waiting In Excitement --> Announcement About Game URGENT! --> Canceled... --> Commits Suicude.

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Years
    Oh that changes everything.
    Initial Hype, that sounds funny.

Will there be references to RijonAdventures in Shining Shores like a T.V says that it's a highly awaited hack at pkmncommunity and stuff?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back