• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

About 800 Pokémon or a second region in a ROM hack?

• 800 Pokémon

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • Second Region

Votes: 37 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
  • Can you give me the steps of everything you did? I'm not a learn from a video type of person. I'm more of a person that understands stuff when it is written down for me. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    LCCoolJ95 the Pokemon - Emerald Version.gba rom you use to patch in the video is 32mb before you patched it. The clean rom I have is 16mb. Is there another patch I need first before I apply yours? Or do I not have the right rom?

Years
  • I see you use the rom 32mb so I expand rom 16mb to 32mb and patch it, but it has black screen when i press new game, i used trashman rom..

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
    Years
  • Well great... can't do anything until I find a clean 32mb expanded emerald rom... since I'm on mobile.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2017
    Like everyone said. Nobody else has access to a 32MB rom of Emerald.

Unless you mean that the new patch is supposed to be applied to the existing patched Theta Emerald EX rom that is already 32MB

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i tried using UE and TRASHMAN rom and expand them on both XSE and WindHex but after that it stop at new game you'll get black screen.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    best rom hack ever but plz fix primal groudon backsprite.
    take a look at my album its super easy and takes like 30 seconds

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2022
    Unless you mean that the new patch is supposed to be applied to the existing patched Theta Emerald EX rom that is already 32MB
    I tried that but it freezes when you choose a starter. Maybe if somebody could unpatch the older version (if that's even possible) and use that as the base.

Trainer 781

Even I'm getting a black screen on patching this. The issues people are getting here are really valid. Please create a patch using a 16 MB vanilla ROM as the base ROM.

I'm getting freeze ups whenever I switch in Combusken mid battle (he's fine if he you start the battle with him).
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I love the game! Many pokemon to catch, infinite Tm's, but the only problem I have with it is. When I vs. Tate and lisa, their secound pokemon freezes the game... I had to delete the game because of this reason... :( please fix, and I'll be happy to replay the game over again.
    You both, please PM me the saves for this, so that I can look into the issue.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2017
    Even I'm getting a black screen on patching this. The issues people are getting here are really valid. Please create a patch using a 16 MB vanilla ROM as the base ROM.

You both, please PM me the saves for this, so that I can look into the issue.

Yeah, i can't patch it too.So the problem must be on the rom base that we use...

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Lccoolj95 pls tell us what rom base to use n tell us da instructions for patching it unless u forgot what base u used.

Years
  • 32mb rom emerald,you can use tool XSE:
    Open the clean rom in XSE, go tools, then 'Rom re-sizer'.
    Expand the rom to 32mb and then use A-Ptch to apply the patch.

Pokémon Theta Emerald EX

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    32mb rom emerald,you can use tool XSE:
    Open the clean rom in XSE, go tools, then 'Rom re-sizer'.
    Expand the rom to 32mb and then use A-Ptch to apply the patch.

That's great to know that and all, but what about the people that download and patch on their android device?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018

Now everyone: Shut. Up.

Ah, okay, thanks!
    now that you uploaded that, I showed it to my emulators and they realized their mistake, now the game works! they were just blackscreening because they misunderstood, I guess. :^)

Sarcasm aside, Emerald roms aren't 32mb by the way. Which seems more likely: you made a small mistake, or literally every person trying to patch the game is making a mistake? The ONLY people able to play this hack are ones who used the download link in your youtube video, because you arent creating your patch off of a clean Emerald rom.
    Please just humor us, use a freshly downloaded, 16mb emerald rom and use that with nups and your hack to make a patch.

Sorry if that came off kinda snippy, but you're acting like we're incompetent idiots when really we just want to play your game.

Years
  • Honesty the attitude of this hacker lacks something, it's normal that if the link u posted it's impossible to patch people as questions and u neva revealed what rom we can use to patch this.
    Telling people to shut up instead of trying to help people shows alot of arrogance from ur part

Years
  • I normally patch hacks with my boy but all links u gave us to patch are impossible try to clime down from ur high horse and plus explain what clean rom we can use to patch and play this

lukagba

LukaBat
    Years
  • please, what is exact emerald rom base, because the patch fail(without ignore), the rom open black screen

Back