• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Yeet
    Spoiler:

NICE! is there moveset would be accurate tho?

Years
  • which codes do we need to change on Hex Maniac to make HMs forgetable?

I've tried with 1B6D2C and 06E822 (emerald based) but didnt work.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Is there a gameshark for this that modifies the moves you teach with TMs? A weird glitch happened in my save and now all my TMs and HMs are gone, and I've beaten the entire game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    @LCCoolJ95 - just made an account here to let you know how much I'm looking forward to this game!!
    Also, would you please implement a way of seeing IVs (and EVs?) within the pokémon's summary. E.g. ascending rankings with E, D, C, B, A and S. Or maybe a kind of bar graph thingy (or two if there's EVs too) next to the stat value, even showing just an approximation would be amazing and would avoid so much time spent with online tools or running to the IV checker in the Battle Frontier.

I'll obviously still play the game without these but that would be fab!

Looking forward to the release!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2021
    hey, in theta emerald forever, would it be possible to make the berries grow at gen 3 rates or faster? the ev berries only take like 3 hours each stage in gen 3 but gen 4 and later take 8 hours per stage. or, actually, just have a place to buy the EV berries.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2021
    Hi. I created an account to post these issues I've noticed:

- Mega evolutions don't stay as mega evolutions. For example, if you mega evolve a pokemon, then switch it out to another pokemon, but the switched pokemon faints, the mega evolved pokemon reverts to its normal form, and you can't mega evolve for the rest of the battle. I posted a picture below to describe my issue:
    https://imgur.com/a/4lKekOV

By the way, animations are on. They are not disabled.

- Another issue is that the macho brace doesn't seem to work. I made a pokemon hold it, but I had to beat a lot more pokemon to farm before I got the effort value ribbon from the girl at slateport city.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2021
    I forgot to collect red orb and blue orb when catch the Groudon and Kyogre, is there any way to get them back?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    How do I get TM03 Psychock? I know I get it in Pacifidlog Town. Does Mirage Island HAVE to appear in order to obtain it? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    hey! just wanted to let you know i just started playing this rom hack, and I'm really excited to see what it has to offer. Also, through some trial and error, I managed to trade some pokemon from a base emerald cart to this rom-hack (i am playing it on an everdrive). there was some weirdness I had to figure out but I managed to pull it off without any issues. I did notice that the pokeballs my mons were in were off. Luxury balls became heal balls, safari balls became luxury balls, pokeballs became repeat balls, etc. the mons seem to function fine but i imagine it is due to ID changes in the code. regardless, I am really excited to play through this game, and will keep an eye out for future updates!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • hey! just wanted to let you know i just started playing this rom hack, and I'm really excited to see what it has to offer. Also, through some trial and error, I managed to trade some pokemon from a base emerald cart to this rom-hack (i am playing it on an everdrive). there was some weirdness I had to figure out but I managed to pull it off without any issues. I did notice that the pokeballs my mons were in were off. Luxury balls became heal balls, safari balls became luxury balls, pokeballs became repeat balls, etc. the mons seem to function fine but i imagine it is due to ID changes in the code. regardless, I am really excited to play through this game, and will keep an eye out for future updates!

It's only natural oddities would occur if you trade between the original Emerald this, which is a heavily modified version not emerald. I also suggest you avoid that as it can lead to bugs and glitches.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    It's only natural oddities would occur if you trade between the original Emerald this, which is a heavily modified version not emerald. I also suggest you avoid that as it can lead to bugs and glitches.
    Yeah, I figured as much. I'll be sure to be careful if I do it again and to back up my save to avoid glitches. I was surprised it worked at all TBH, and so I just wanted to let you know about it for the sake of documentation. Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing through the rest of the game!

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Alright, confession time, ladies and gentlemen. I'm okay, just wanted to talk about Pokémon Theta Emerald Forever. I mentioned a little while ago that the game was going to have about 871 in the dex to catch. It was going to be gen 1 to 7, with a fun idea for a DLC thing. Did you know that Smogon has this thing called CAP? It's this metagame where fanmade Pokemon are introduced to the game, with moves, abilities, the whole thing. I was going to add all of them in, and they are in. But I got to thinking, I don't think we need that many. So, I'm just going to scrap the idea. Plus, there's no sprites for the fanmade Pokemon. Well, I mean, there are, just not condensed to the size that the GBA would recognize. And I'm not an artist, so I don't want to ruin the work of the artists' that did an awesome job on the spritework. So, the dex with now go up to 815, with every Pokemon from gen 1 to 7 included, along with the gen 8 galarian evolutions (i.e. Obstagoon), and the new Regis, cause they are not that hard to add in. Hope everyone is okay with that. There's a reason why I'm not adding in Gen 8, well, not all of gen 8, just the Pokemon that do matter, into Theta Emerald Forever. But I'll explain that in a sort of a video diary kind of thing. Gang, this is it. This will be my absolute last ROM hack that I will ever make. I just hope that everyone likes it, cause I'm gonna give it my all with this one. I promise you that. -LC

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Alright, confession time, ladies and gentlemen. I'm okay, just wanted to talk about Pokémon Theta Emerald Forever. I mentioned a little while ago that the game was going to have about 871 in the dex to catch. It was going to be gen 1 to 7, with a fun idea for a DLC thing. Did you know that Smogon has this thing called CAP? It's this metagame where fanmade Pokemon are introduced to the game, with moves, abilities, the whole thing. I was going to add all of them in, and they are in. But I got to thinking, I don't think we need that many. So, I'm just going to scrap the idea. Plus, there's no sprites for the fanmade Pokemon. Well, I mean, there are, just not condensed to the size that the GBA would recognize. And I'm not an artist, so I don't want to ruin the work of the artists' that did an awesome job on the spritework. So, the dex with now go up to 815, with every Pokemon from gen 1 to 7 included, along with the gen 8 galarian evolutions (i.e. Obstagoon), and the new Regis, cause they are not that hard to add in. Hope everyone is okay with that. There's a reason why I'm not adding in Gen 8, well, not all of gen 8, just the Pokemon that do matter, into Theta Emerald Forever. But I'll explain that in a sort of a video diary kind of thing. Gang, this is it. This will be my absolute last ROM hack that I will ever make. I just hope that everyone likes it, cause I'm gonna give it my all with this one. I promise you that. -LC

Oh man! I've been a fan of your work ever since the original Theta Emerald. Are you messing with the level cap? I loved how you increased it in EX to 250. I know that wasn't a popular decision by everyone but that increases the replayability personally. Maybe you could make a patch that offers the level 250 cap so not everyone deals with it?

Back