• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon things you only noticed after quite a while

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Okay I only noticed yesterday that the Dragon in B/W (deino zweilous and hydreigon has the German 1,2,3 in it. I felt like gobsmacked for not having realised it earlier as I am german (I have got the English version).Since it is the English version I never expected anything like this and never realised it and always pronounced them in an English way.

I did however saw that Klink and Klingklang is German am not sure whether these onomatopoeia are also used in English though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I never realized that Mudkip was an Internet meme when I started playing the Pokemon games, but I learned about that after actually surfing the Internet.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I didn't learn this on my own, but it was pointed out in an Emerald LP that if you press start in a double battle, it displays your Pokemon's HP in numbers rather than the bar. The more you know!

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I didn't learn this on my own, but it was pointed out in an Emerald LP that if you press start in a double battle, it displays your Pokemon's HP in numbers rather than the bar. The more you know!

*puff* Head explodes. Never knew that, thanks. ^^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    As sad as it is, I just noticed last year that Atricuno, Zapdos, and Moltres had Spanish numbers in their names.
    .___.
    I felt played.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    That Hoothoot has one leg.
    Even later that it actually has two but stands on one at a time.

Also that in G/S/C the sprite used for tall grass is different in Kanto and in Jōto. I might've noticed that myself at the time but don't recall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I didn't learn this on my own, but it was pointed out in an Emerald LP that if you press start in a double battle, it displays your Pokemon's HP in numbers rather than the bar. The more you know!
    I didnt know that aswell neither did I about the numbers in articuno etc. :O

Years
  • I've played pokemon for years but just recently realized that rock deals regular damage against rock. I never noticed cus usually rock type pokemon have a dual type.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I don't know if this counts but I always used to think Suicune was water/ice until I was looking in a list for water types for building a team and saw that he was just a water monotype. And I never knew that you could use cut in high grass to make it short, until I accidentaly used it in tall grass once, but this was a long while ago haha, figured this out way back.

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I used to think water wasn't very effective on ice for ages but it turns out that just a lot of ice types were part water. I also used to think water was super effective on steel after not knowing steelix was part ground for a fair amount of time.

Back