• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twisted Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Oh My God! Looks amazing
    Dem graphics, doe.
    If I had one suggestion, which I do, it would be making the textboxes purple, it would fit great the titlescreen, therefore making it kinda of "the game's colour" i.e. fire red-red; sapphire - blue
    Anyways, if you need scripting help, give me a ring ;)

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Sweet backsprite for the player. It looks nice.

And I really like those glass floor tiles. They look awesome. :)

Also, in this image:
    Update_zps967985d8.png

You need to add a space between "here," and "but". ;)

Years
  • It's mind boggling if the intruder killed the hero's mother or if he simply kidnapped her.
    From one point of view, the hero is 3 feet away from the thief, yet after he leaves he says "What did tha bastard do with my mom?"
    From a second point of vision, the screen goes black, the mom sprite disappears and the thief says "Eh eh, strangely satisfying"
    Note: Those aren't actual quotes, I'm too lazy to see their exact lines

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • I just love the graphics and the palettes. Custom graphics and palettes are hard to pull off, which is why I prefer keeping the graphics/palettes similar to the normal games, but you've done a great job! I'm not a fan of that "natural" tree placement you're using in your maps, but it looks pretty nice and goes well with your style.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to more updates, I love looking at your screenshots!

Thank you so much, Christos! I do understand that some of the members do not like the natural mapping, but I do combine that with nintendo-ish wild grass placement, just to mix the two styles together.

Oh My God! Looks amazing
    Dem graphics, doe.
    If I had one suggestion, which I do, it would be making the textboxes purple, it would fit great the titlescreen, therefore making it kinda of "the game's colour" i.e. fire red-red; sapphire - blue
    Anyways, if you need scripting help, give me a ring ;)

Thank you and sure you can help me *wink wink*. And as I said before, I'll make mutliple textboxes so the player can choose their favorite color.

Wow wtf i missed this hack it looks so awesome i love the zygarde screenshot i havent seen other hacks have this pokemon ty for choosing it it fits with the hack
    Will xerneas and yveltal be in

Thanks! Well, I'm not saying Xerneas and Yveltal will be, in the game but I'm also not saying they won't be. If the situation presents itself I will probably insert them.

Sweet backsprite for the player. It looks nice.

And I really like those glass floor tiles. They look awesome. :)

Also, in this image:
    Update_zps967985d8.png

You need to add a space between "here," and "but". ;)

Thank you! And I saw this error right after I made a screenie, so that is totally my fault - it will be fixed!

I MUST SEE MORE OF THIS STORY! THAT BASTARD WON'T GET AWAY WITH KILLING MY MOM!!

Hehe, you'll just have to wait and see.

Looks amazing keep up the good work.

Thanks!

Updates!

I can now say that this hack is a two man job! The graphical part is naturally mine, while the scripting position is taken by JosefigGaming. He's just an amazing scripter and a great planner with great ideas.

So, I added a few details in the starting cave, so I added more spider webs and added some roots, while JosefigGaming made the great running shoes script seen below. Oh, and there's a running animation frame, just an eyecandy.

Update_zps24cf8a5e.png

Update2_zpsc5747ccd.png
    Update3_zpsd0d78984.png
    Update4_zps9f144363.png

Update5_zps60dfe136.png
    Update6_zps60c7536c.png
    Update7_zps652f0ff9.png

So, comments & criticism is appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    I didn't saw all these updates! Here are my thoughts:

Amelia's sprite is beautiful! The helmet and the palettes are what stands out on it. Good job!

The running shoes script is great. I like how it isn't "oh hey take these shoes bye", it actually has a context behind it.

The cave BG fits really well, I think it being almost entirely pitch-black is a very clever choice for a cave.

Since you are a man about graphics: I think the vanilla battle textbox (the one that says "What will [Pokémon] do?" etc) looks really ugly. You could change it, it's easy and gives a nice touch. Keep rocking!

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • I didn't saw all these updates! Here are my thoughts:

Amelia's sprite is beautiful! The helmet and the palettes are what stands out on it. Good job!

The running shoes script is great. I like how it isn't "oh hey take these shoes bye", it actually has a context behind it.

The cave BG fits really well, I think it being almost entirely pitch-black is a very clever choice for a cave.

Since you are a man about graphics: I think the vanilla battle textbox (the one that says "What will [Pokémon] do?" etc) looks really ugly. You could change it, it's easy and gives a nice touch. Keep rocking!

Thank you so much! In the screenshots below you can see the new battle textbox.

am I able to find spritzee and Houndour?

Spritzee definitelly, still not sure about Houndour.

I manage to get Houndour thru cheat, now I just gotta wait fer the update.

Again, I'm not sure if Houndour will be in, because the focus will be on the new fakemon.

Update-ish

We've hit a bit of a bump on the road, and the ROM was too unstable to continue hacking. But no worries, I've taken some time to re-do everything. I've also patched Jpan's Hacked Engine patch, which will give us more freedom to hack.

So, I've inserted a new battle textbox that may seem familiar to most people - the same one is used in ChaosRush's hack DarkViolet. Now, DarkViolet is cancelled, sadly and I wanted to pay a homage to this incredible hack by inserting this battle textbox.

The starting script is the cave is changed, as JosefigGaming and I thought an OW sprite of the mascot Pokemon would look better.

I've been inserting some battle backgrounds, some Fakemon and gen IV, V, VI Pokémon.

I also wanted to show the intruder's script in front of Orgate City's gym.

2_zps7245a685.png
    4_zpsd556248a.png
    5_zps7c740e1a.png
    9_zps68ddb82d.png

8_zps3036eb4a.png
    123_zps300cbfe2.png

1_zps38ea8c67.png
    10_zpsf8b66d2d.png
    11_zpsf4f52791.png
    12_zpsbfa7107f.png

13_zpsc9c66bb3.png
    14_zps7e020932.png
    15_zps8930dd5f.png
    16_zps49b0d73b.png

Comments, feedback, critique etc...is very appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    Really looking forward to playing this hack. The screenshots look amazing. Great maps and the fakemon sprites are some of the best I've seen probably.

Also super bummed about Dark Violet ha

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2019
    Hm, I would suggest that you avoid using *both* neoricemon and standard mons, since neorice's fakedex has a very internally-consistent style that's looks different from the standard mon style. I.e., neoricemon look excellent in their own right, but look a bit funny next to regular mons (as a simple comparison, all of the fakemon in Cyan match the regular style, and so don't look 'off' when juxtaposed with them). Maybe you think this isn't as important as increasing the mon variety, though? (Or it's just me that see a style difference? :P )

Anyway, definitely make sure you include the entire neoricedex (well, excluding the legendaries if they don't fit the story) even with the added regular mons, as there's a lot of cool critters in there and it'd be a shame not to get to use them!

Spoiler:

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • The only thing i would suggest is to mix the cave tiles.
    Who doesn't love Kyledove tiles? Everyone loves them, but I think that you should not use only his tiles, cause it does not looks original. Everything else looks great. What happened to the mom?
    ermahgerd more mystery

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    You never fail to amaze me! Story is really interesting and full of mysteries!
    Looking forward to this! ^_^

Dont have much to say, maybe add few more tiles for the ground? like patches and stuffs. I understand that the tiles you used consumes a lot of space, I should know I inserted the same tiles myself back then haha. But hope you do find a way to get around with that.

Scripting wise, Cant say much but the first event really is excellent and interesting! Cant wait to play it myself!

*cough* Not a fan of fakemon *cough* But neoriceisgood's an exception. I find his fakemon too awesome, and of course your's too! But why only use one?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • Keep up the good work Riddler. Things are looking like they are going great. Loving the graphics you're choosing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back