• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Typing Debate

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    Gyarados. Water/Flying. Seriously, can that thing fly? It should be Water/Dragon, I don't care about Gyarados becoming broken after that, but yeah, it should be Water/Dragon.
    I would just leave the quote because I couldn't say anything about this better than you did... but ya know, the whole 25-character thing... and yeah. 9.9
    If Gyarados is flying, it should be able to learn fly. It's big enough to carry ten trainers, let alone one. >>

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    yeah, what's up with gyarados? like .. i see no wings on that creature. =A=

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Grrr... CHARIZARD SHOULD BE Fire/Dragon!!!

Anyway, I thought Empoleon's Steel/Water should be changed to Ice/Water. IT'S A FRIKEN' PENGUIN, NOT A ROBOTIC PENGUIN!

I agree...

Also, Shuckle is Bug/Rock! What the karp were they thinking?!?! Fire won't scratch it and water won't harm the bug!

Finnix

The Dragon Elite
    Years
    Yanmega......is a dragon fly..... why not be Bug/Dragon????????

Dunsparce....looks like a little dragon..... should be Dragon/Normal or Normal/ Dragon

And the rest of these should be half dragon, whether being primary of secondary

FeraligatrCharizard
    Armaldo
    Milotic
    Sceptile
    Tropius
    Huntail
    Gyarados
    Lugia
    Aerodactyl

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    Um what about Butterfree
    Iy shouldnt be bug/flying iT should be bug/psychic

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years

Dunsparce....looks like a little dragon..... should be Dragon/Normal or Normal/ Dragon

FeraligatrCharizard
    Armaldo
    Milotic
    Sceptile
    Tropius
    Huntail
    Gyarados
    Lugia
    Aerodactyl
    I can understand the others, but what do Lugia and especially Huntail have to do with dragons o_O

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I find it weird that Shaymin's other forme is part flying....anybody agree?

I agree...

Also, Shuckle is Bug/Rock! What the karp were they thinking?!?! Fire won't scratch it and water won't harm the bug!

Shuckle's still weak to water =P

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    The move Roost has explained why those are /Normal. But they could have at least edited Roost. What does "Roost" mean anyway?! T__T

Years
    water/ice. lorieli in RBY was more water type than ice type.
    and also drapion. poison/dark? ridiculous, especially because scorupi was bug. drapion should have been bug/dark, he is a scorpion

Years
    @ Seadra, Kingdra....etc.

Not just because they're based on leafy sea dragons and whatnot, also: I recall something from japanese (?) mythology, about seahorses being thought of as baby dragons.

Even the word for seahorse (tatsunootoshigo) references a word for dragon (tatsu)...name means something like "illegitimate child of the dragon" or somesuch, haha. Which is why they're called dragons and/or have the dragon type, I believe.

It's not based off dragons, though - it's based off the Tsuchinoko, more of a snake than anything.

Personally I never saw why they made it a Normal type instead of like a Ground type though - it always seemed more like a Ground type, and it's even called a "Land Snake", which strikes me as more Ground than Normal. Always was confused every time I saw its real type.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    well i guess nintendo like giving the flying type to pokemon with nothing to do with flying (gyarados, shaymin-S) and not to others with wings (flygon) but give them levitate instead. I also hate the way nintendo gives most dragon types a secondary type in a way or another giving them a 4x ice weakness to balance of their power. As well vileplume and gengar should have been grass/dark and ghost/dark or they simply have no reason being part of a dark type carrying elite 4 member.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    Someone might have already said this, but Golduck should be Water/Psychic!!!

And why is Jirachi part Steel?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

FeraligatrCharizard
    Armaldo
    Milotic
    Sceptile
    Tropius
    Huntail
    Gyarados
    Lugia
    Aerodactyl

I've always wanted a Bug/Dragon type Pokemon...Yanmega and Flygon would've fit perfectly!

And it would be awesome for Dunsparce to get a much needed Dragon-typed evo!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    About the "Roost" Issue the could have just made the abilty to changing it to a ground type for a turn. (if it's just a Pure Flying type) That would have solved everything.Ninetales should've been Psychic just seems like it should've.Mawile needs Dark,so it could be at least a simmilarity to it's counterpart.I heard something about Aerodactyl being a Dragon type.It's a dinosaur,so wouldn't the same thing apply to Rampardos.ANd If I see another Charizard/Gyrados thing I'm going to kill you.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Sceptile should have been either grass/dragon or grass/fighting.

All normal/fling types should just be plain flying with the exception of togetic/togekiss.

Also the flygon thing again. It should be bug dragon.

Years
    As well vileplume and gengar should have been grass/dark and ghost/dark or they simply have no reason being part of a dark type carrying elite 4 member.
    The dark type didn't exist when Vileplume and Gengar were first created. There's nothing wrong with their typing so it would be worse if they were changed just for the sake of one battle than for them to be non-dark types in a dark type group.

And why is Jirachi part Steel?
    I believe this was answered already. Something along the lines of it sleeping inside an asteroid which are composed of metals.

I never understood why Flygon is ground when he has wings and flies...I agree that Flygon whould be Bug/Dragon.
    It's supposed to live in the desert so the ground typing is pretty appropriate. Since you can't have pokemon with three types it's enough that it has the levitate ability and can learn Fly.

Back