• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2021
    I have signed up to this forum just to comment on this thread. I am 5 gyms through the game at the minute and it is already comfortably the best ROM hack I've played. The story is very engaging and gritty, the difficulty is what I want from a ROM hack (especially when Nuzlocking) and each town is truly brilliant. Thank you and well done to the creator.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Can anyone link me to somewhere that shows you how to download this game on Android? I'm new to this, I've got myboy, played a couple ROM hacks just by downloading them like Gaia and Adventures red chapter, worked fine just by extracting them, but I've been trying to download fire red and patch this to it but it doesn't work. Says something about checksum fail. Thanks in advance for any help

If the checksum failed, you need a different base rom. Usually 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) does the trick.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2021
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Just tested the new version of insane mode and i must say that i had quite of bit of fun. The level cap was amazing to increase my team flexibility and made me comfortable to explore more of the world.
    The change to add the trainer in the trainers house with a blissey and an audino was sensational too.

I played it on a new game+ so some things are different of a normal playthrough. Still i didnt use any of my old pokes (they are boxed for the post game) and did not hyper train (but still bred a lot with my 6 31ivs ditto from seaport city when it became available).

I really liked that most of the gyms got a rework. Principally the inclusion of defensive pokemons to some gym leader rosters (they really , really, needed them). The new "predicting a switch" mechanic that was added to game was interesting but it felt or too easy to play around or too "cheaty"... well, at least made pivoting not that easy to do.

Just a note, i think, since medicines dont have a stat limit to ev train, that the lunch from magnolia cafe dont have much appeal. If they gave you a significant discount compared to medicines it would feel like a reward to get to that point of the game (since ev training gets pretty pricey fast).

Ev training is still a little bit annoying but not too much. (Farming the money for it, i mean) principally because when you get to the point of the game you want to do it seriously it is not easily accessible ( normally you will only have access to a macho brace at that point).

Another thing is about the elite 4 fights. The dragon tamer one feels a little bit all around the place, trying to submit you through brute force. It would feel nicer if she had a more complex strategy, instead of going from cheesy strategy to cheesy strategy.

Still had a lot o fun ( and a lot more compared to the first time) playing this game. Will give more opinions when i make my playthrought on a normal insane new game.

And thank you for the awesome hack.

Last edited:

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hello, where can I get the cut in NG+ mode also.. is there a tutor for dazzle gleam? thanks..

Dazzle Gleam was actually a TM. But I forget where to get it. Try find the TM loc on www.gbahack.com > pokemon unbound (or maybe this ROM have it too?)

Can anyone link me to somewhere that shows you how to download this game on Android? I'm new to this, I've got myboy, played a couple ROM hacks just by downloading them like Gaia and Adventures red chapter, worked fine just by extracting them, but I've been trying to download fire red and patch this to it but it doesn't work. Says something about checksum fail. Thanks in advance for any help

Well, apparently I'm just download the zip file on link removed. Linking to ROM files download website and just play it on my boy. I don't remember doing any extracting. And I think u can't play/save the game if u place the zip file on SD card...I guess...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2021
    Hello Im new, can someone walk me through how to download this? I only really have experience with pokemon fan games

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Skeli, will you consider adding custom abilities and moves, or were you sticking strictly to official moves/abilities? I have some really creative ideas for items and moves if you're interested.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Hello Im new, can someone walk me through how to download this? I only really have experience with pokemon fan games

All you need to do is download the file available on the link provided by Skeli, unzip the file, then you need to patch it (use a patcher for what emulator you are using PC or Android), the ups file is the file you need to patch with a fresh squirrels ROM - the file also includes 2 patching .exe - just use 1 (for Windows - for Android use unipatcher). Put the patched .GBA file into the folder you want for the game and then play. Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2022
    Need help with possible softlock (or maybe I'm just missing something);

Finished first playthrough, thought it was a phenomenal game! Wanted to play in NG+. I got all the way to just before the Great Desert/Finished Dehara Gym, and I already had the Go-Goggles in my key items from the last playthrough. For some reason, the hiker that is supposed to give you them will just say his lines after he gives you the Goggles, but the gatekeeper won't let me through because I 'don't have the goggles' for some reason. Any help on this?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In future updates, will this be a catch em all hack, where you can catch all gen 1-7 Pokemon in the game? The locations only seem to be lacking a few legends. Would be dope if I could obtain them all.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2021
    When does a mr.mime swarm going to occur ???
    Exactly what is the concept behind a swarm and what is like the schedule for it or time for a swarm to change, I've been trying to understand swarm for an hour now and i found out that it doesnt matter if we change time/date. I also found out on the pokemon encounter list that every route has its own swarm. Also how often does every swarm occur and how long does it last?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    does the old cheats work in new update?

No and cheats are extremely frowned upon. If you do find any that work my suggestion is not let anyone know. Playing the game without cheats is part of the challenge (and a lot more fun).

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    real time clock has check mark and on configure its enabled i'm using visualboy advance-m 64 bit

Last edited:
    Back