• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    Hey im new here and i need some help... i really wanted to play this game on my old GBA SP so i bought a supercard sd and it was all going well but, just as i read all over the internet, i had a problem with the game's internal clock and the game is in night time forever. It wouldn't be a problem if it was day time but night time is to dark on my old GBA. So the thing is, i need a sav. file with Unbound at the beginning (possibly with Gible as starter) but day time so i can play for real. Can someone help me? or recommend to me an emulator (for pc) that saves in sav. pleeease i really want to play this on console =(

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hey im new here and i need some help... i really wanted to play this game on my old GBA SP so i bought a supercard sd and it was all going well but, just as i read all over the internet, i had a problem with the game's internal clock and the game is in night time forever. It wouldn't be a problem if it was day time but night time is to dark on my old GBA. So the thing is, i need a sav. file with Unbound at the beginning (possibly with Gible as starter) but day time so i can play for real. Can someone help me? or recommend to me an emulator (for pc) that saves in sav. pleeease i really want to play this on console =(

I haven't played with a GBA for a while, I usually use RetroArch (Android and Linux), so someone please comment on the RTC (clock) feature compatibility with an actual GBA (I just recall having read about flash cartridges with RTC).

Anyway, most popular emulators should provide compatible .sav files.
    The more popular ones handle this as the raw battery save file, so you can just rename any .xyz save file to .sav and most of the time it should work fine when copying between emulators.
    One thing to mention though, RetroArch for example uses .srm ("Save RAM") as extension, which is fully compatible to .sav emulators in my experience. No guarantees though, it just always worked for me.
    If you decide to use RetroArch (which is a little user unfriendly at the beginning), make sure you disable the compressed save file setting. Otherwise it "zips" the save file to a few kilobytes, which is not compatible with anything else.

I have no idea whether or not the time stays fixed day time. This may be entirely dependent on your flash card.

Finally, if it does stay day time, you wouldn't be able to utilize any time dependent feature, I think. This would include night/dusk evolutions, gifted Pokémon or exclusive items for example, this hack even calculates the day of the week for optional but cool stuff.

Personally, I would recommend using a compatible emulator (cheap/free) or a flash card with integrated clock module (expensive).
    You will experience most of the content without, but you wouldn't be able to access 100%.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2021
    I haven't played with a GBA for a while, I usually use RetroArch (Android and Linux), so someone please comment on the RTC (clock) feature compatibility with an actual GBA (I just recall having read about flash cartridges with RTC).

Anyway, most popular emulators should provide compatible .sav files.
    The more popular ones handle this as the raw battery save file, so you can just rename any .xyz save file to .sav and most of the time it should work fine when copying between emulators.
    One thing to mention though, RetroArch for example uses .srm ("Save RAM") as extension, which is fully compatible to .sav emulators in my experience. No guarantees though, it just always worked for me.
    If you decide to use RetroArch (which is a little user unfriendly at the beginning), make sure you disable the compressed save file setting. Otherwise it "zips" the save file to a few kilobytes, which is not compatible with anything else.

I have no idea whether or not the time stays fixed day time. This may be entirely dependent on your flash card.

Finally, if it does stay day time, you wouldn't be able to utilize any time dependent feature, I think. This would include night/dusk evolutions, gifted Pokémon or exclusive items for example, this hack even calculates the day of the week for optional but cool stuff.

Personally, I would recommend using a compatible emulator (cheap/free) or a flash card with integrated clock module (expensive).
    You will experience most of the content without, but you wouldn't be able to access 100%.

Well thanks, i wanted to play on my GBA at work but it seems that I will really miss out some major events if I stay stuck on day or night. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer me, and I will play on a free emulator, thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Hi all! Thanks for the developers for this great game that i'm really enjoying playing with! :)

Just a question, if i have two copies of unbound on two different Everdrive cartridge, it will be possible to trade pokemons from one game to the other? And there are others hack rom compatible with trades?

Thanks again!!

Years
    Hi all! Thanks for the developers for this great game that i'm really enjoying playing with! :)

Just a question, if i have two copies of unbound on two different Everdrive cartridge, it will be possible to trade pokemons from one game to the other? And there are others hack rom compatible with trades?

Thanks again!!

I love this romhack as much as you, and it's no secret that this is my favourite romhack alongside Radical Red.

As kalarie has noted, romhacks are generally incompatible to each other when it comes to trading. I tried trading several Pokémon from Radical Red to Unbound some months ago, but I failed. I won't discourage you from trying to trade, though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Thank you for the quick answer mate!! :D
    And have you tried from an Unbound rom to another Unboumnd rom on two different gba?

Thanks again!! Love RR, and Inclement Emerald gave me chills too!

Years
    Thank you for the quick answer mate!! :D
    And have you tried from an Unbound rom to another Unboumnd rom on two different gba?

Thanks again!! Love RR, and Inclement Emerald gave me chills too!

Haha, you're welcome. Unfortunately, I play them on PC (laptop), via VisualBoyAdvance; so I don't have any hardware device to test trading between two Unbounds, one Unbound and other CFRU hack, etc. Will also play Inclement Emerald soon, by the way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2024
    Don't know if someone has already asked for this, but can't find any discussion about: there is a way to turn off the effectiveness color change of the moves, during battles?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    How to play it by gba on mobile

Yo I'm having issues how do I play on gba on android

First you need an emulator app. For simplicity, I have used MyBoy in the past, I think, but now I only use RetroArch (not beginner friendly). But choose whichever emulator you like. (No compatibility guaranteed)

Then acquire a US FireRed ROM, version 1.0 (some people google for "Squirrels" for some reason).

If you have the ROM file, download the patch file from the first post.
    You will need a ROM patcher for this (for me, UniPatcher works well on Android).

Follow the instructions in your ROM patcher and you will get a patched .gba file, which will be the Unbound ROM.

Now just open the new ROM with the emulator you chose and start playing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Well thanks, i wanted to play on my GBA at work but it seems that I will really miss out some major events if I stay stuck on day or night. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer me, and I will play on a free emulator, thanks again.

You're welcome. Without spoiling too much, there are some really nice items behind time events, some might even be specifically for your favorite Pokémon (you will know once you get there and pay attention to NPCs; screenshots helped me remember). To give another example, a Rockruff has 3 time based evolutions, so you see, the game considers a time more specific than day and night.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Is it possible to transfer all unobtainable pokemon and things from radical red?
    I've tried linking Unbound with Radical Red and The Last FR, and its worked, both trade and battle. If the transfer u mean is trading, it's possible, and only gen 8 pkmn that can't be traded to Unbound.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023

Thanks again!!

I've try doing linking things (battle and trade) with Unbound, Radical Red, and The Last FR on MyBoy! Android GBA Emulator. And it all works fine to me. Both the same game,and cross game. But yes, gen 8 doesn't exist in Unbound, so it'll appear as nothing and doesn't have cries when u link battle any gen 8 pkmn on Unbound.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I doubt this'll get answered. But I'm having some kind of glitch with the bike race in Tehl Town. Whenever I try to start it, I can't move after they say GO and I get almost immediately timed out. I don't know why this is, I haven't messed with the time on my game or anything, at most all I've done is use the speed up button in battles.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Back