• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Great hack! Love playing it.

But there is one thing I have to mention: I am not able to evolve my magmar using a link stone on it, even if it has magmarizer equiped.

Last edited:
    Years

But there is one thing I have to mention: I am not able to evolve my magmar using a link stone on it, even if it has magmarizer equiped.
    Did you try to use magmarizer as a evolution stone? That is what I would try, and please note I don't actually know how Pokemon that use items evolve, I'm just saying what I would try in this situation.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021

You have to give it the Magmarizer just like if you were giving it a stone to evolve

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    https://ibb.co/TcVMy9Y
    How to battle these guys?
    I have completed the game and i have not battle them but they act like we already battled.I change the day on my pc but nothing happens,they always say come back tommorow.

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    https://ibb.co/TcVMy9Y
    How to battle these guys?
    I have completed the game and I have not battled them but they act like we already battled. I change the day on my pc but nothing happens, they always say come back tomorrow.
    Update to the latest version. The game will let you know if daily events won't work when you boot the game.

UPDATE

v1.1.0 is out!
    This is the much-needed improvement update. A big thank you to everyone who played the game up until now! I was able to implement plenty of good changes thanks to useful feedback. Here are some things that need mentioning:
    • Content-wise no new areas have been added, but a few items that were unobtainable previously are now available.
    • If you've cleared the final main story puzzle and event in the post-game, you will gain access to New Game +! Just start a New Game on the same save and it will be offered to you. Don't forget to back up your save file first! Check #updates or read the in-game info to see what this entails.
    • Anyone who has a save file soft locked in the Distortion World will now be able to continue playing.
    • Anyone whose sprite was messed up in the sewers can go back there to fix their sprite.
    • Anyone who didn't get the Prison Bottle because of the skipped cutscene, speak to Vega in his Gym after he returns there and it will be added to your bag.
    • Some Charm rewards have been moved around, so saves will automatically be adjusted to account for these changes.
    • There are many more changes than just that, but due to the sheer number of them, I've decided to list them in a Pastebin instead. Please at least skim through it before playing so you know what's different! https://pastebin.com/81BQJpSq

NEVER LOAD SAVE STATES BETWEEN VERSIONS! And before updating, make sure you save in a Pokémon Centre! And upon loading the game again, don't talk to anyone and walk outside immediately!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Update to the latest version. The game will let you know if daily events won't work when you boot the game.

UPDATE

Thank you for adding the EV items in the main game. One of my biggest gripes with Insane Mode is how the player can't efficiently meet the demands for EV training when 2 of the items are so late in the main game, and the rest require Battle Points in the postgame. If that means Insane Mode is harder, fine, as long as there's more courtesy with the player.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Pastebin is blocked in my internet provider, could you paste It at github ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2021
    Hello, I would like to know if the password from the shiney Pokémon will work with this version ? I still have it.

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
    yeah i don't think i'll ever get around to finishing this because of the scaling

thanks a lot, guess i'm going back to waiting for hacks that respect the player's time

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2021
    Hello, all. I am new to rom hacking, and just recently found out that I can play hacks on my emulator on Android ! Can I play this game on Android(I have a MyBoy GBA emulator)? Should I start with this game or with another ? Do I need the FireRed complete upgrade to play this ? I just need a little help to get started, much thanks in advance, I am sure everyone here is much more experienced than me. Sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask these questions !

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2021
    Well I am super close to figuring this out. I downloaded the main game of Unbound, but in UniPatcher it says the patch file is an unknown patch file, it is saved as a .rar for some reason, is this how it should be?

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    If I have already finished the missions which rewards has been changed (pe electivire or pokedex) can I have the new rewards?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    hey, really love the hack so far, incredible transformation of the original rom.

but after beating my head against the Flying gym for like 15 whiteouts, I wussed out and lowered my difficulty level. any chance of a cheat code/save edit thing to move it back up? i know it's intended, but i'd rather not start the game again...

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2021
    uhhhh, yes there is? for whatever reason plot-based legendaries scale and it's horrible.

last time i checked, nobody's forcing you to play this FREE romhack, and certainly nobody's forcing you to complain about said free game to the dev.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    How do I get the ticket to Glimmer Isle? Found a guy in Seaport who sell it but it cost like 99999999999$?

Back