• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    How many regions are there going to be in this game? I really want 2 if it's possible

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I don't think there will be two regions. But the borrius region looks pretty damn big. A game doesn't need more than one region to be good. Look at Pokémon Gaia for example

Years
  • I must be doing it wrong but I played it on Myboy on my phone a while back when it first was able to play on here, now I cant play it yet I downloaded it. I must be doing something wrong. Is it possible to get a walkthrough on how to get it to work?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Will we be able to continue with our save files from the beta version to the full completed version?

I wanna start playing now, but if I have to do it all over again, I might as well wait a bit lol (and speaking of time... how close it is to completion?)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2020
    it's been a while since you made this rom, but is it stuck on version 1.2.5. i hope there is more because it is a promising rom and the game is not even halfway done. you only have two gyms

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Skeli,I hope your doing fine.
    1 question that one guy asked but no one replied and i was curious about is that will legendary mons have their own themes?
    Just wanna know🤔
    They will. I'm still working on getting the themes from Gens 6-7 to sound right in-game, but the Legendaries from Gens 1-5 all have their proper themes.

Is there a discord server for this hack?
    Not one currently in use.

Can you add the entire Battle Frontier from Pokémon Emerald into Pokémon Unbound?
    No, but I will be adding my own variation of battle facilities.

Will we be able to continue with our save files from the beta version to the full completed version?

I wanna start playing now, but if I have to do it all over again, I might as well wait a bit lol (and speaking of time... how close it is to completion?)
    No, sorry. But don't worry, I've made several changes to the beginning of the game since I released the demo, so you won't be bored playing it again.

it's been a while since you made this rom, but is it stuck on version 1.2.5. i hope there is more because it is a promising rom and the game is not even halfway done. you only have two gyms
    See below.

NEXT DEMO RELEASE DATE
    In approximately one week's time, I hope to release the next demo for Unbound (which will hopefully coincide with a preliminary release of the Complete FireRed Upgrade). Unlike the first demo, this one does not contain any story-related gameplay. This demo is meant to showcase the new and improved battle engine, and as such, takes place entirely in the Battle Tower. However, this does not mean that gameplay time will be minimal. If you like battling, then you will find no shortage of things to do in this demo. With all the battle options included, there are over 100 different ways to battle (and thus over 100 different streaks to fight for). Additionally, this demo is set in the format of a mobile game. This means that when you start the demo you are given three random Pokemon to battle with, and as you battle and collect daily rewards, you'll be able to buy new and stronger Pokemon. I also plan to include monthly distributions within this demo that will hopefully continue long after the full game is released. Until then, watch this video for a sneak peak of the new battle engine:​

JOBO

o/_\O
    Years
  • HYPE! Super excited for this. I love that the demo will continue after full release too. Awesome news :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2020
    I'm so excited for this game, it's got everything I'm looking for in a rom hack. I do have a question: Do you also plan to release the game with a guide on pokemon and item locations? I'd really like to complete the pokedex and get every TM or item possible.

Thanks in advance.

golche

Tactician of Askr
    Years
  • I'm so excited for this game, it's got everything I'm looking for in a rom hack. I do have a question: Do you also plan to release the game with a guide on pokemon and item locations? I'd really like to complete the pokedex and get every TM or item possible.

Once we are closer to a complete release, I'll work with Skeli to make a list for Pokemon locations and possibly item locations, which will include TM locations.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • cool to see that there's going to be a demo on the battle system. good luck on finishing this hack Skeli

Years
  • They will. I'm still working on getting the themes from Gens 6-7 to sound right in-game, but the Legendaries from Gens 1-5 all have their proper themes.

Not one currently in use.

No, but I will be adding my own variation of battle facilities.

No, sorry. But don't worry, I've made several changes to the beginning of the game since I released the demo, so you won't be bored playing it again.

See below.

NEXT DEMO RELEASE DATE
    In approximately one week's time, I hope to release the next demo for Unbound (which will hopefully coincide with a preliminary release of the Complete FireRed Upgrade). Unlike the first demo, this one does not contain any story-related gameplay. This demo is meant to showcase the new and improved battle engine, and as such, takes place entirely in the Battle Tower. However, this does not mean that gameplay time will be minimal. If you like battling, then you will find no shortage of things to do in this demo. With all the battle options included, there are over 100 different ways to battle (and thus over 100 different streaks to fight for). Additionally, this demo is set in the format of a mobile game. This means that when you start the demo you are given three random Pokemon to battle with, and as you battle and collect daily rewards, you'll be able to buy new and stronger Pokemon. I also plan to include monthly distributions within this demo that will hopefully continue long after the full game is released. Until then, watch this video for a sneak peak of the new battle engine:​

If I wanted to print only some functions, such as: The ability pop-up, Dex Nav ... How would you do not install the complete engine?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Hi, could someone tell me where to find HMs? cause im on the second gym and i hvae no HMs (and how to evolve Phantump)

Last edited:
    Back