• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
  • I downloaded the Frontier demo, and it's really great. I've played a lot of Emerald hacks just for the Frontier, and this is easily the most fleshed out and fun to play. Great work! 😄

Do you have any plans to add in the Battle Factory (Random pokemon) at all? It's really nice to just be able to hop in and play with a fully trained team without having to invest the time. It would be awesome to play the Factory again, especially considering all of the gameplay improvements you've made.

There is a random battle option for most facilities which gives you a set of random pokemon each battle.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    There is a random battle option for most facilities which gives you a set of random pokemon each battle.
    I did see that, but it's nice to be able to pick your team at the start + be able to swap pokemon between battles like in the Battle Factory. Also, the random battle setting in the demo randomizes your team at the beginning of each battle instead of letting you take a team through the 7 battles. Not a big deal, just wanted to see if it would ever be an option.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2020
    I have to say what a cool and great Battle Frontier. It is really awesome that you implemented so many new Pokemon and moves as well as attack animations and options in this game demo!
    I also would like to point out the potential of a Battle Factory in this game as 5th facillity maybe. Dont get me wrong: What you did in this this hack is amazing, I never played a better Frontier hack compared to this! The battle Tower is my favorite place as its the most simular one compared to the Factory in Pokemon Emerald/ Platinum.

I liked this system very much: At the beginning you can choose between 6 sets of different Pokemon and every round you can swap one member of your team after you defeated the last opponent.
    In this way you can build up a little team with your own strategy (less luck based) until you can challenge the factory leader. During gameplay the music in the Factory was very catchy. (thats also I like it so much)
    There is so much potential with new Pokemon sets which would perfectly fit to the great battle system you created. It might be difficult to implement this as the rom base is FireRed and not Emerald, but this would be a feature to make it even better and unique as Nintendo never gave it a return since the 4th generation. Maybe they deleted it forever (...which I not hope of course!) But whatever: Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Alright, so i couldn't wait any longer and I had to play the frontier demo. Like I said in my previous comment, I'm not a hardcore battle type of guy, buts it's crazy with everything you can do in this game thus far. Everything looks beautiful, I like how lovely NPCs can be and the safari feature is pretty niffty. I really like the battle sands. I'm on my 110th battle atm with electrivier and garchomp. As always, keep up the good work my man, I look forward to any progress/updates you post.
    Thank you! I'm glad you decided to give it a go!

I'm really enjoying the added raid features you've added to the battle demo. I hope when the main game is released you will have all the features currently in the battle demo (post game feature?). I know it takes time to perfect the main game so I'm really looking forward to it. Keep up the great work.
    The Battle Frontier is slated to be in the post-game, and the Raid Battles are available if you find them after the second Gym.

I downloaded the Frontier demo, and it's really great. I've played a lot of Emerald hacks just for the Frontier, and this is easily the most fleshed out and fun to play. Great work! 😄

Do you have any plans to add in the Battle Factory (Random pokemon) at all? It's really nice to just be able to hop in and play with a fully trained team without having to invest the time. It would be awesome to play the Factory again, especially considering all of the gameplay improvements you've made.
    Thank you! This has been a recurring question lately, and I have yet to decide on an official answer. There will be smaller battle facilities in the game other than the Battle Frontier, but I have not decided whether or not I'll add a Battle Factory styled facility along with them.

The Frontier demo is awesome mate, this is just what i was looking for in a Hack.

Good work, and looking forward to next update :D
    Thank you!

what tier/how do I get Scyther in the frontier demo?
    Scyther is tricky as it is banned from Little Cup, but it still has spreads in the game. The only way to obtain it is by capturing it in the Safari Zone's easy mode.

I have to say what a cool and great Battle Frontier. It is really awesome that you implemented so many new Pokemon and moves as well as attack animations and options in this game demo!
    I also would like to point out the potential of a Battle Factory in this game as 5th facillity maybe.
    Thank you! See above response.

UPDATE

v1.4.3 of the Battle Frontier Demo is out! I never got around to properly announcing it's release, so better late than never I suppose.
    • New title screen thanks to Nex!
    • "FrontierCard" has been renamed to "Frontier Card"!
    • Brick Break and Psychic Fangs break an extra Raid shield!
    • Jax, Milo, and the rival have new backsprites thanks to Nex!
    • Talking to Tina will set all Pokedex flags in your party and PC!
    • Dedenne and the Diggersby line now get Stuff Cheeks!
    • Raikou, Entei, and Suicune have new Hidden Abilities (see Readme)!
    • Many bug fixes!

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    I'm having a problem opening the rar archive. Myboy (in mobile) or the visualboy(in pc) doesn't dettect the game. When I change the file to a zip, it appears but doesn't open with a message of "unrecognized gba file" or "cannot open file..."
    help pls :c
    (doesn't let me put images)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    Proceed with the raid as usual. When the Pokemon is ready to catch, click on the catch button, it will open your cube, go to balls and there it will say "park ball". Use it to catch the raid Pokemon. If you buy wishing pieces and do another raid there will be extra park balls for each wishing piece you use. Good luck.

Years
  • Proceed with the raid as usual. When the Pokemon is ready to catch, click on the catch button, it will open your cube, go to balls and there it will say "park ball". Use it to catch the raid Pokemon. If you buy wishing pieces and do another raid there will be extra park balls for each wishing piece you use. Good luck.

Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2020
    Would you consider adding more character customization abilities (see: PokeMMO)? It would be so nice to have a pocket world on the go that's unique and personalized to you. Otherwise, super great job! I'm excited for this release whenever you're ready.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2020
    how complete is the campaign in the current download? and if it isnt complete will i be able to just patch in the added content later?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2020
    The download should have everything you need to patch yourself + you need a clean copy of fire red (squirrels). Good luck

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Is this hack finished yet because it stops me right after the second gym plss respond

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    Hi my dusclops doesnt want to evolve into dusknoir even tho i have the reapers cloth. I really want dusknoir cuz im doing a nuzlocke

Back