• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    i have a big issue guys. I tried to fight Giratina to capture it and i failed at first so i closed it and opened it to try again and now i am stuck in the middle of nowhere ( https://prntscr.com/w6kyx6 ). I have no idea what to do. i don't have saves to go back.

Resetting gives you to the same screen? If so you may have to start again (I take it you didn't create a backup .sav file).

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    Ok... so I'm enjoying this game, it deserves all the hype it's getting, no complaints whatsoever! Just one quick question: are hidden abilities strictly luck based or is there an alternative way of being able to get a Pokémon's hidden ability? I know that might be a silly question but I just don't like the idea of having to soft reset a 100 times to get my ideal team. I guess Radical Red really did spoil me with easy team building lol

Anyway, I love this game! Thank you for dedicating so much time into it! It's honestly very fun and engaging :)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Ok... so I'm enjoying this game, it deserves all the hype it's getting, no complaints whatsoever! Just one quick question: are hidden abilities strictly luck based or is there an alternative way of being able to get a Pokémon's hidden ability? I know that might be a silly question but I just don't like the idea of having to soft reset a 100 times to get my ideal team. I guess Radical Red really did spoil me with easy team building lol

Anyway, I love this game! Thank you for dedicating so much time into it! It's honestly very fun and engaging :)

I think wild Pokémon have a chance of having their HA, but an alternative and more sure method would be Dex naving.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    I think wild Pokémon have a chance of having their HA, but an alternative and more sure method would be Dex naving.
    Yeah but what about the Pokémon at the game corner or Pokémon that are gifted to you (such as starters in some of the towns/cities), or even Pokémon that don't appear in the wild, ie., "area unknown" in the Pokédex? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't breed them to have their hidden ability via hatching. I'm only 5 badges in, I'm not really sure if I can catch a togepi in the wild bc, like I mentioned earlier, the Pokédex says its area is unknown, along with porygon and hawlucha which can only be obtained at the game corner via coins

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Yeah but what about the Pokémon at the game corner or Pokémon that are gifted to you (such as starters in some of the towns/cities), or even Pokémon that don't appear in the wild, ie., "area unknown" in the Pokédex? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can't breed them to have their hidden ability via hatching. I'm only 5 badges in, I'm not really sure if I can catch a togepi in the wild bc, like I mentioned earlier, the Pokédex says its area is unknown, along with porygon and hawlucha which can only be obtained at the game corner via coins

You didn't get a Togepi egg? An old woman in Fallshore City gives it to you.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just came across a bug. I am playing using the first version (1.0) of unbound.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2022
    I'm doing the Blazing Emeralds mission at Crystal Peak, and I can't find the last emerald, nor can I get to the exit in the eastmost cavern. Is this just me?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Hi all absolutely loving this rom hack it's superb. Does anyone know where you can get an ice stone? Thanks

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, for anyone who finished it: are all gym leaders designed around some unfair gimmick to annoy the player or does it change later? I mean, 3rd gym had a Flying type leader with permanent "Strong winds" removing the weaknesses of Flying types, now 4th gym is Normal type but it plays with Inverse Battle rules so they actually resist Fighting...

The game has some good stuff that I'm enjoying, but if the rest of the game is just going to get progressively more gimmicky I'm not sure whether I should continue playing it or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Does anyone know how to fix daily events? My day/night/RTC settings work however the other parts don't, daily swarms is stuck on the same Pokémon for the 3rd day, people still saying "come back tomorrow" for things etc. Does it matter that much, are there any encounters or Pokémon or items or missions/legendaries that are dependent on daily events working? No idea how it's happened...I jump from my phone using pizzaboy to my PC using VBA-M and the only thing I can think of is my phone did a system update recently and had to reset the time zones information as I was on Chinese time (Xiaomi phone..) until I released I was actually in the future in the game, about 8 hours ahead into the afternoon (was playing around 8:30am) so didn't realise it was going on 4pm in game until I saved...so I think I might of buggered it. Anyone can help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Ok, for anyone who finished it: are all gym leaders designed around some unfair gimmick to annoy the player or does it change later? I mean, 3rd gym had a Flying type leader with permanent "Strong winds" removing the weaknesses of Flying types, now 4th gym is Normal type but it plays with Inverse Battle rules so they actually resist Fighting...

The game has some good stuff that I'm enjoying, but if the rest of the game is just going to get progressively more gimmicky I'm not sure whether I should continue playing it or not.

Keep going. 5th gym electric type with perma electric terrain is super rough...took me ages, managed to finally win with a Claydoll and using Power Split and Guard Spit relentlessly and x-spdf ups to max out protection from the sweeps, worked well in the end! 6th gym is fighting and a lot easier, you can't use 3 types of pokemon though i forget which...Ice, Fairy and something else but i beat "big mo" first time with ferrothorn rocky helmet and iron barbs, mixed with dusclops evolite and then Pallosand with sandstorm, shore up, shadow ball and iron defence and it felt really really easy in comparison to electric gym haha, beat gym 6 first time, as I have been playing on 1 down from Insane (exper/challenging mode, second hardest whatever) and thought i genuinely would never get past that electric gym holy cow..

Years
    • Seen today
    Keep going. 5th gym electric type with perma electric terrain is super rough...took me ages, managed to finally win with a Claydoll and using Power Split and Guard Spit relentlessly and x-spdf ups to max out protection from the sweeps, worked well in the end! 6th gym is fighting and a lot easier, you can't use 3 types of pokemon though i forget which...Ice, Fairy and something else but i beat "big mo" first time with ferrothorn rocky helmet and iron barbs, mixed with dusclops evolite and then Pallosand with sandstorm, shore up, shadow ball and iron defence and it felt really really easy in comparison to electric gym haha, beat gym 6 first time, as I have been playing on 1 down from Insane (exper/challenging mode, second hardest whatever) and thought i genuinely would never get past that electric gym holy cow..

Oh geez, so Electric gym with permanent +50% electric damage boost (because of course Terrains are not nerfed), and Fighting gym that decides you can't use certain types against him/her because. I'm guessing what the last gym's "funny" made-up rule would be, probably something like a permanent Trick Room state with the leader of course having the slowest but strongest one-shoters sweeping your entire team, or the leader being allowed to use 6 megas while you can still use only one...

Sincerely, thank you very much for your reply. That's what I wanted to know, definitely not going to continue playing if that's how it is.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Whenever I go to the man in the second floor of the pokemon center he says i cant use mystery gift until i beat the elite 4. im on 1.0.1 and im not sure why he is saying. Please help

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Oh geez, so Electric gym with permanent +50% electric damage boost (because of course Terrains are not nerfed), and Fighting gym that decides you can't use certain types against him/her because. I'm guessing what the last gym's "funny" made-up rule would be, probably something like a permanent Trick Room state with the leader of course having the slowest but strongest one-shoters sweeping your entire team, or the leader being allowed to use 6 megas while you can still use only one...

Sincerely, thank you very much for your reply. That's what I wanted to know, definitely not going to continue playing if that's how it is.

I wouldn't want to put you off it, I dunno why i'm playing at the difficulty i selected, certainly on the 1 below expert i wiped the gyms and bosses with ease. It's odd, challenging feels too easy, Expert is a huge difficulty jump and insane (before the coming revision) I dare not try. I was certainly surprised to wipe the floor with the fighting gym it was a lot easier. For the most i am enjoying it a lot, I just hope my broken daily events don't upset pokemon spawns, the distortion world part is great too even though...well spoiler alert ---
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I understand you can change a Pokémon's Nature in this game. I also understand you have to do a certain Mission in order to do so. The question is: Where can I find the Mission that let's me change Natures of my Pokemon and is there any other method of Nature Changing I can use as well?

I'm almost ready to take on the Battle Frontier so I wanna get as many good mons as possible for the challenge.

Back