• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Anyone else having trouble with the " inside cube" area oh the game? Aklove trapped me in there and i can't seem to get out. I see two characters talking on one of the platforms n i believe That's where i have to go but having a difficult time getting there.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I started a playthrough today, on Expert + Sandbox Mode. So I've noticed you can set your Pokémon IVs and EVs at will right away. Do gym leaders and other important trainers go max IV/EV from the start in this difficulty or do they scale gradually? Asking because I don't want to give myself an unfair advantage in the early game if trainers aren't so well prepared yet at that point. I'm also considering not using Egg moves until at least halfway through the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    How exactly can I enable Sandbox mode? When I start the game it gives me a lot of options, but I've reloaded twice now and don't see anything talking about Sandbox, do I need to leave the first area first?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    How exactly can I enable Sandbox mode? When I start the game it gives me a lot of options, but I've reloaded twice now and don't see anything talking about Sandbox, do I need to leave the first area first?

Tell the game it's not your first time playing (even if it is), some options won't be available if you answer that you haven't played the game before.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I figured out the problem! I'm not sure if I missed it somewhere in the forums, but I needed to pick either Expert of Insane difficulties, which makes sense, but I thought it was available for all difficulties.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I started a playthrough today, on Expert + Sandbox Mode. So I've noticed you can set your Pokémon IVs and EVs at will right away. Do gym leaders and other important trainers go max IV/EV from the start in this difficulty or do they scale gradually? Asking because I don't want to give myself an unfair advantage in the early game if trainers aren't so well prepared yet at that point. I'm also considering not using Egg moves until at least halfway through the game.

I think on expert pretty much everyone has perfect IVs, but only some of the more elite opponents have perfect EVs. Personally if you beat the game before I'd say go with insane if you are using sandbox and want a challenge. On that mode your opponents will have competitive style setups equal to what sandbox can give you.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I think on expert pretty much everyone has perfect IVs, but only some of the more elite opponents have perfect EVs. Personally if you beat the game before I'd say go with insane if you are using sandbox and want a challenge. On that mode your opponents will have competitive style setups equal to what sandbox can give you.

Thanks. I played an earlier build in 2020 but left after the fourth gym. The game says Insane is meant to be outright unfair so not my cup of tea, Expert looks more reasonable. I guess I'll start by giving 31 IVs for everyone, then gradually allow other features at my own pace:
    -Nature changes after 1st badge
    -Ability changes after 2nd badge
    -Full EV editing after 3rd badge
    -Egg moves after 4th badge

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Woah! A whole new update already? I'm so hyped!

Unfortunately... I did just start the game up again recently after my computer crashed and had to be system wiped, forcing me to replay up to my current point and rebuilding all my team from scratch. Is there anyway to transfer my data from my old save file to the new 2.0 update so I can keep the Pokémon I currently have on me?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Is there downloadable music for this hack? Some of the new tracks added are really nice.
    The music team is currently working on getting an official album together! Until that's ready, though, the only easily available tracks are from 1.1.

Can you choose to do sandbox mode on NG+? I just started playing and I've gone 4 badges in before realising sandbox is something you choose at the start.
    Yup! You can pair them together. But you still need to start the game in Sandbox Mode.

Does anyone knows how to go to the 5th gym that is dehara ones in my missions there is written go to the entrance of cinder volcano west of waterfall
    You should always prioritize doing what your Mission Log says!

Found a softlock on Route 8. there's a battle girl which can trap you between 3 trees and a rock. Hope this one gets adressed soon.
    Fixed! Thanks for reporting it!

having issue where the game freezes upon getting past the character creation and in the game. Using Myboy on android.
    Sounds like a bad patch.

Anyone else having trouble with the " inside cube" area oh the game? Aklove trapped me in there and i can't seem to get out. I see two characters talking on one of the platforms n i believe That's where i have to go but having a difficult time getting there.
    If you're having trouble in Cube Space, I recommend changing your puzzle difficulty to easy. You don't need to reload the area for the changes to take effect in Cube Space.

In Expert they get full EVs from the start, but they're generally built to take a hit more than actually do damage early on. Once you get farther into the game, then they really start getting good spreads.

Thanks. I played an earlier build in 2020 but left after the fourth gym. The game says Insane is meant to be outright unfair so not my cup of tea, Expert looks more reasonable. I guess I'll start by giving 31 IVs for everyone, then gradually allow other features at my own pace:
    -Nature changes after 1st badge
    -Ability changes after 2nd badge
    -Full EV editing after 3rd badge
    -Egg moves after 4th badge
    If you want my advice, this is what I'd personally recommend:
    • Ability changes between 1 & 2 whenever. There's nothing normally stopping you from catching another Pokemon with a different Ability.
    • Hidden Ability changes only once you reach Blizzard City, but only for Pokemon you could normally encounter in the wild with their HA using the DexNav. For any static or gift Pokemon, I'd say you can give one Hidden Ability once you reach Tarmigan Town, and then no more until you have 6 Badges (that's when you'd normally unlock the Musharna Raid for farming more Dream Mist).
    • Full EVs when you reach Blizzard City (that's when you'd normally unlock the Macho Brace upgrader to make EV training super easy).
    • Egg Moves only when you could actually breed for that Egg Move, or encounter a Pokemon that knows it using the DexNav.

Is there anyway to transfer my data from my old save file to the new 2.0 update so I can keep the Pokémon I currently have on me?
    Yup! You can use the in-game trade feature.

UPDATE
    v2.0.2 is up! This addresses several bugs, and notably:
    • Some battle difficulties have been made easier or harder (see changelog)
    • The Macho Brace upgrader has moved to Blizzard City for Expert and Insane
    • A save prompt has been added before Reshiram and Zekrom
    • All Flying and levitating Pokemon can now be used in a Sky Battle (basically allows the ones on the XY ban list)
    • The Ability Capsule's Game Corner price has been reduced to 12500 Coins (from 50000)
    • Mega Trainers can be battled instantly on Sandbox Mode (no need to beat other Trainers first)

For the full changelog, see the file included with your download.

In terms of my plans going forward, I would like there to be a 2.0.3 sometime soon™️ once I finish my personal TODO list. After that, who knows haha

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    I'm in crystal peak after elite 4. Theres items blocked by crystals. Is that part of a puzzle?

Years
  • Skeli, thanks a goddamn lot. I was about to complain here about some raid dens crash the game. v2.0.2 fixed this. This is the best romhack ever, and I'm not exaggerating. Thanks for your inhuman efforts for creating this game.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    If you want my advice, this is what I'd personally recommend:
    • Ability changes between 1 & 2 whenever. There's nothing normally stopping you from catching another Pokemon with a different Ability.
    • Hidden Ability changes only once you reach Blizzard City, but only for Pokemon you could normally encounter in the wild with their HA using the DexNav. For any static or gift Pokemon, I'd say you can give one Hidden Ability once you reach Tarmigan Town, and then no more until you have 6 Badges (that's when you'd normally unlock the Musharna Raid for farming more Dream Mist).
    • Full EVs when you reach Blizzard City (that's when you'd normally unlock the Macho Brace upgrader to make EV training super easy).
    • Egg Moves only when you could actually breed for that Egg Move, or encounter a Pokemon that knows it using the DexNav.

I couldn't have hoped for a better advice. I'll be following this then, thank you very much 👍

selc888

Water type user who battle with love !
    Years
  • Unbound 2.0.2
    Original Release Date: December 20, 2021
    Update Date: January 2, 2022
    Completion: This is the completed version of Pokemon Unbound. Cube Corp.'s interior is still missing, but all Pokemon can be obtained one way or another, and all Missions can be completed.

Update: Bug fixes (including crash fixes) and improvements.

Question is Post-game 100% and is redwood forest Finished ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Does yout save automatically transfer or something ? Because I'm about half way through the game on the previous version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2022
    Major News
    Attention ! Shiny Hunters :I don't know how many of you has noticed or not but Skereli has introduced custom shiny sprites in pokemon unbound v2.2. Till date I have found Shiny Custom Lucario Houndoom , Sinnoh Starter , Shiny Gardchomp , Shiny alohn Vulpix and Shiny Elekid. If I found Other shinies I will Tell You All.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2022
    uhhh.. where i can download full game?

link in thread 2.0 downloads the newest patch instead of full game

Back