• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Variant Emerald

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    Overview
    This hack is for anyone who loves regional variants, and wants a fresh playthrough of emerald!
    Encounter every pokémon in the Hoenn pokedex, but with new typings, abilities, and moves. All pokemon have been replaced with a regional variant of itself. See if you can find the rare electric Mew, or the powerful ghost type Ho-oh!

Features
    -changed types and appearance of every pokemon in the emerald pokedex
    -changed a few areas to be easier to access
    -all event legendaries can be found in the world, explore to find them!
    -quality of life improvements (physical/special split, running indoors, etc.)
    -updated move power/accuracy to reflect newer generations
    -changed some evolution methods, no longer need to trade to evolve
    -all starters and version exclusives can be found in the wild

Screenshots
    Pokémon Variant EmeraldPokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald
    Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald Pokémon Variant Emerald

In Progress
    This hack is currently in progress, I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback to help me make this hack a success! Planned future updates will include features such as:
    -redo some pokemon designs to improve the visual difference between new and old designs
    -change alolan variants to completely new designs
    -change overworld sprites to reflect new pokemon designs
    -change all pokedex entries
    -fix opening cutscene and title screen to reflect design changes
    -add more legendary events
    -change gym types and layouts
    -add puzzles and treasures to every town to encourage exploration
    -add shiny sprites for all pokemon (right now all shinies match the non-shiny)

Credits / Tools Used
    Spoiler:

Download
    Below in the attachments, use NUPS to apply the patch to a regular emarald rom.

Attachments

• VariantEmerald_v0.9.ups
      748.3 KB · Views: 194
    • NewTypes.txt
      4.5 KB · Views: 192
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2023
    What is the filter used in the pictures? It makes the colours look colder, is it an option in mGBA? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    What is the filter used in the pictures? It makes the colours look colder, is it an option in mGBA? Thanks.

I'm not sure why the colours are a little off, I think the emulator I was using had some settings changed.

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry to disturb you man,but can you tell me if you have a cheat code for rare Candy for your hack?if you haven't sorry to distrub you

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    are there any stat changes or are they the same with vanilla? thanks

Some pokemon have stats changed to make them more useful, such as luvdisc. Most stat changes are minor, the only major stat change is for wobbuffet, because he's now fighting type with moves like high jump kick

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    You can walk around the strength boulder in Granite Cave and gain access to something you probably shouldn't. Also do you have any documentation or a list of every mon and their typing?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    You can walk around the strength boulder in Granite Cave and gain access to something you probably shouldn't. Also do you have any documentation or a list of every mon and their typing?

Thanks for letting me know, no I don't have any documentation for that yet

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    I really like the idea of a fresh playthrough! Is it possible to download a document with the new typings/stats?

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I really like the idea of a fresh playthrough! Is it possible to download a document with the new typings/stats?

I plan to upload a document with that info sometime soon, but I also encourage you to explore and discover!

Years
    • gaming
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Hello! Really enjoying this game so far and can't wait to see new features. I can help you make a Discord server of the game when it gets finished. I also have some ideas for features too if you want to hear them out

Back