• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon WaterBlue Version

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I'm curious how exactly did he get access to the intro in the first place? If your so worried about people stealing you should better protect your meterials.

Actually it was my intro.

And, I released a video displaying it so he got it from there.

EDIT: On youtube, I am seeing a LOT of games called WaterBlue. any chance on taking that also? o_O

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
ok first is first this sounds hard to do in rm2k3 but if you're really good, i suppose this wouldn't be hard to pull off

just please, if you're going to make this, GET A CBS! i felt sick that i played all the way to the the first gym battle in Pokemon GlitterGold, (trainers didn't bother me) just to find battle weren't gonna happen! i'm sorry if i sound desperate but i think a CBS, CMS and a Pokemon System are necessary
For those of us that don't use acronyms, what are CBS and CMS? And while we're at it, what are you calling a "Pokemon System"?

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
CBS-Custom Battle system
CMS-Custom menu system
No clue by pokemon system.
But CMS and CBS are rpg maker terms, you should know them.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
CBS-Custom Battle system
CMS-Custom menu system
No clue by pokemon system.
But CMS and CBS are rpg maker terms, you should know them.
Thanks. But is it so difficult to just type them out, Prof.? You're in no hurry to make your posts, you know.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Thanks. But is it so difficult to just type them out, Prof.? You're in no hurry to make your posts, you know.

I think it's pretty common most people understand what is ment in the fan game community (especially with RM2k(3) and RMXP) that CMS and CBS stand for those. It's not like they are new terms. I'm positive they have been around for 10 years now.
While people are not in a hurry to post, for the matter of having your say posted, people just shorten it own. Do you request people "I'm" or something? No because it's common speech right?
What about in game development, do you request people don't use RMXP or Rm2k3 like I did above? No, right?

What annoyed me here was, fine, I don't mind you asking what does it mean- but the line I quoted, your patronising him... I hate when people do that to others. So I do it back to them.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Ok, I'm making a new intro now. When I created a intro like the Sparkling Yellow's, I didn't think of it being stealing. But I do now. so, the new intro is almost finished.

Maximus, I'm sorry for making a intro exactly the same as yours.

Last edited:

Rydenio

Shameless plugger
Years
Can't everyone in this thread just cool out? :) So he stole the intro but he's making a new one. It's a bit much to ask him to put in everything all new when he's obviously just starting out. Bottom line is, these games are personal projects, and even if it seems uncreative going with the starter kit and no custom anything, it's a start, and you need to get familiar with the tools somehow. Of course, putting stuff in from other people's games is never right, and that's just part of forum etiquette. But everyone has to make their first fan game, and chances are that first game is going to be a cookie-cutter game. But this isn't a thread in the showcase, and the guy is taking everyones suggestions to heart. And remember imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Props to everyone for their games, and don't give up even if you mess up sometimes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Can't everyone in this thread just cool out? :) So he stole the intro but he's making a new one. It's a bit much to ask him to put in everything all new when he's obviously just starting out. Bottom line is, these games are personal projects, and even if it seems uncreative going with the starter kit and no custom anything, it's a start, and you need to get familiar with the tools somehow. Of course, putting stuff in from other people's games is never right, and that's just part of forum etiquette. But everyone has to make their first fan game, and chances are that first game is going to be a cookie-cutter game. But this isn't a thread in the showcase, and the guy is taking everyones suggestions to heart. And remember imitation is the highest form of flattery!

Props to everyone for their games, and don't give up even if you mess up sometimes.

Thank you.. And I'm not using any starter kit.
As for the intro, I realized that it was stealing making a exact intro, so that's why I made a new one. Video of it will be released soon :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
I agree with Rydenio.
I'm not saying what AceOlsen did was right, but this can't have the same 'punishment' as stealing script or art.
Poeman said:
Unreal Tournament is a good game, can I rename and resell it then?
Thats really different, but if you make it from scratch and make some (many) changes it might just work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_clone
|Maximus| said:
No apologies for stealing something that I worked really hard on?!
I think you worked really hard on the script, not on the idea, right? ;)

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Ok, I'm making a new intro now. When I created a intro like the Sparkling Yellow's, I didn't think of it being stealing. But I do now. so, the new intro is almost finished.

Maximus, I'm sorry for making a intro exactly the same as yours.

It's fine buddy. If you need help making a creative new one, PM me ^_^

I think you worked really hard on the script, not on the idea, right? ;)

That's kind of what I meant, I guess it didn't come out right when I posted.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
It's fine buddy. If you need help making a creative new one, PM me ^_^

That's kind of what I meant, I guess it didn't come out right when I posted.

Oh god, I'm glad your not mad. I have some questions, so I'll PM you soon..

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
Oh god, I'm glad your not mad. I have some questions, so I'll PM you soon..

Alright, sounds cool.

Oh, and sorry for becoming extremely angry. I don't know what happened. Won't happen again I promise.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Haha, thanks. But bad news.. Something happened to my computer, and I had to re-install windows.. And that means: The game is gone...

... But! There's two options for me:
1. I'll start all over again
2. I'll start using RMXP.

BTW, I have a Acer Aspire One, and the highest resolution is 1024x600. I can't change it to 1024x768, so I can't use XP.. Does anyone here know about a program/software or something that will help me?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Hey bad news there. But the funny thing is, the exact same thing happened to me about a month ago, and I had an acer aspire one too!
And for the xp thing, why do you even need xp? Rmxp works on vista and windows 7 as well.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Hey bad news there. But the funny thing is, the exact same thing happened to me about a month ago, and I had an acer aspire one too!
And for the xp thing, why do you even need xp? Rmxp works on vista and windows 7 as well.

Thing is, this is the sixth time it happens. 5 times because of download files being corrupt.

But there's lots of starter kits for RMXP. But I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: I figured how to fix the resolution thing, so now I can use RMXP :)

Last edited:

zane203

Zetsumei barer
Years
Thats why i always keep a back up .rar of every 5th major update to a project hosted on a secret online hoster account =3.

Also keep a copy on a portable Hard Drive, and important files on my CZZC designed jump drive =D.

just a tip or two.

I say jump on it with RMXP but that's just my opinion

Back