• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Website Research...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
Years
  • Well I thought i'd do a little bit of research in to what regular visitors to a pokémon website want to see on it. At the moment I want you to forget the main sites such as Serebii, and think of something that you would like on their site or a standalone website that they don't currently have. I know many of you are thinking "well don't Serebii have most things?". I already know this but it would be great if you guys could think outside the box, and think of something creative that you'd love to see. Thanks :D

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
  • Well as a website developer for over 10 years I found that for the best time online users like to interact with a site, let it be users that can send messages, and chat or even play games agents each other. Or let it be things on a website that most don't even try, like live updated text and news from members, site effects like you would get in a game menu.

But it is always hard to make things like that that your users will like so your topic here is on the right track and is following what I am about to post. "Always try to follow what your visitors want".

I try to do this as Pokemon is what my first site was all about in 2003 I try to make my new projects built with Pokemon sites in need. It is what I hold close and that is what you need to do. Don't make changes that only others like, make it so others like but so do you or what is the point?

PS: One of my sites that I am working on making better for Pokemon sites is http://www.sbih.co.cc:8080/Me and you can use the code "pcfree" (that is a code made only for PokeCommunity) when registering for a bonus when you start using it.

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
    Years
  • Well I don't understand why Serebii is so popular. I just think it is made terribly. If you look at PokeCommunity which is a masterpiece in every sense of the word; and then you look at Serebii and it is just rubbish.

and I agree with the, do what the people want, if you don't listen you might as well just delete it and don't ever go back to it. Trust me, I have had that done to me!

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
  • Well I don't understand why Serebii is so popular. I just think it is made terribly. If you look at PokeCommunity which is a masterpiece in every sense of the word; and then you look at Serebii and it is just rubbish.

and I agree with the, do what the people want, if you don't listen you might as well just delete it and don't ever go back to it. Trust me, I have had that done to me!

It is all about content, it is not the most popular, other fan sites are with better styles, they only get raw hits because of the content and how deep it goes!

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • As a webmaster that has experienced owning different kinds of websites, I'd say that what visitors want most is content. I've gone to sites like Suta Raito and Route 50, and my first thought was that there was nothing interesting to read there. That's what gives people a reason to come back; original pages that are forever embedded in their memory.

anthonyrossbach

CEO SBIH Inc.
    Years
  • As a webmaster that has experienced owning different kinds of websites, I'd say that what visitors want most is content. I've gone to sites like Suta Raito and Route 50, and my first thought was that there was nothing interesting to read there. That's what gives people a reason to come back; original pages that are forever embedded in their memory.

Yup you cant beat real content that is both new and interesting.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Please do not revive old threads unless they are about a website you own.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back