• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon without Pikachu? :O

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Serious question now. Loads of people hate Pikachu, others adore him.

How would you feel pokémon would be like without Pikachu?

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    What do you mean, in the anime? If so then it would be a major loss as Pikachu is the mascot for Pokemon, and I think that it would be difficult to find a replacement mascot this far through the Pokemon franchise. I wouldn't really be that bothered if he went, because I never used him, in games and I didn't particularly like him in the anime.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Anime would suck without pikachu, and I wouldn't watch pokemon anymore if he was gone. He is really the main character [+Ash ] and is the mascot of pokemon anime [I think it was originally Clefairy, or was she the mascot for pokemon in general?] so if Pikachu was gone it just wouldn't be the same.

In the games, I wouldn't care. I don't really like Pichu or Raichu, Pikachu is okay, not very interesting though :/ I would still play pokemon.

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
    Years
    Pikachu was MADE to be the mascot of the anime, so I guess pokemon without pikachu would be a franchise without a mascot.

I wouldn't be bothered at all if the mascot was Scyther, tho ;D

Years
    Pokemon without Pikachu is like Nintendo without Mario or Sega without Sonic. It just wouldn't work. But i've only used him in the games once and he has pretty bad stats espically defence.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Id die. Hes my fav in the Anime and I always have a Pikachu on my team in the games. His low Defensive stat pisses me off so I usually end up evolving him but hes still awesome and I couldnt see a team without him.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I hate the thing with a passion. With that said, they shouldn't get rid of it entirely, just knock it off its high horse and relegate Pikachu to what it really is - a completely forgettable Pokemon with sub-par stats. Either get rid of the Light Ball or make it effective on Raichu as well. And remove it from Red's team in G/S/C/HG/SS because it certainly isn't suitable for a high-level team. And axe those stupid kids who dress up as Pikachu in the 4th gen games. The extra attention and publicity that ugly little parasite gets is completely undeserved.

It's useless as a team member unless you evolve it, but it's still good for a very easy kill for some (not great) experience. Besides, getting rid of Pikachu would mean getting rid of its entire evolutionary line, and that would mean completely messing up the established Pokedex numbering order.

As for the anime, getting rid of Pikachu would be a start. Get rid of it and Ash and I actually might start watching again.

Seriously, my hatred of Pikachu never would have grown to the point of outright rage if they hadn't turned that below-average Pokemon into some kind of celebrity:/

Last edited:

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    How would you feel Pokémon would be like without Pikachu?
    I would stop watching Pokemon all together.
    Pikachu and Ash are one of the reasons why I watch the anime and I guess I would feel pretty darn empty if Pikachu was replaced in the anime.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Do you mean if they just dropped Pikachu in the anime? Well, I suppose it would be weird. I don't watch the show any more, so I'd be rather indifferent. But it would be like watching a sports team without a mascot. Because Pikachu, whether the masses like him or not, is the mascot of Pokemon.

Or do you mean if Pikachu never existed? In that case, there would simply be a different mascot. Maybe it would be Charmander. Or maybe Vulpix. It would probably be something both cute and cool since Pokemon is targeted toward younger children, both boys and girls. But essentially, it would be the same. How could we miss Pikachu if Pikachu never existed?

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
    I don't watch the anime, so in that way, it would not matter. If it was in the games, I'm not sure. It would be like a sport team without a mascot. Pikachu was made to be the mascot of Pokemon, no matter how bad it is at battling. Iv'e never used it in the games though on my team, so its bad in that aspect. But Pokemon with a different mascot? no way I would like that.

xX-Nix-Xx

The 2nd Chance trainer!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2011
    Well if in the anime Pikatchu wasn't the main pokemon (well Ash's anyway) people would automatically go for the pokemon he did choose *shrug*

I think people pay more attention to Pikatchu more than any other cute pokemon because of that.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Ash's Pikachu is where it's at. That pokemon sparked my love for the franchise. So cute!
    In the show, it's like that character in all the other shows with the snarky comments, or the amusing intelligence, etc. Just something that draws the audience in, and keeps them watching. How entertaining is it to watch three kids walk around? Meh. (I'm referring to a time before Dawn's Piplup, but you get my point?)

In the game though, I've always found Pikachu kinda.. well, not as great as it seemed. I'm not much on electric types, anyway, but there are better electric pokes out there. I'd be weird to hvae a game without Pikachu, but I'd live just as happy playing it.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    Pikachu was a huge part of my childhood, I would be pretty upset if they took him away. Hell, I'm still not over the loss of Misty.

Years
    lets see...
    In Game - Pikachu is a good addition to the team, even though it has bad defense.
    Anime - Pikachu is the main pokemon, it would be bad to 'kill it'.
    In General - I wouldnt like it to go. If it went, its family would go and I LOVE PICHU! especially shiny pichu :) and like PlatinumDude said, pokemon would be unpopular (isnt it a bit anyway??) if pikachu left :(
    YOU DARE KILL PIKACHU IN THE ANIME. OR THE GAME! to make it clear...
    DONT. KILL. PIKACHU. OR. ELSE! :

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Pokémon without Pikachu is atrocious. Pokémon without Pikachu is like a person without a brain. What would happen to Pokémon Yellow, then? D:

All in all, Pokémon without Pikachu is not Pokémon. Pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon.

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
    Years
    Depends:
    On the Anime: I think that it should be replaced. It is way too tiring to me to watch the anime and the rodent appearing.
    In game: It isn't that powerful. Better than Magikarp if you want to KO, but still... meh.
    But taking it off and replacing it with another pokemon (would like if it was a less irritating pokemon, like a chinchou, for example)is like a big, enormous change to the franchise. Is like changing Nintendo's mascot from Mario to Luigi, or Sega from Sonic to Tails. But taking it off completely would make an already estalbilished pokedex (or two) be completely written off.
    I would like, if they replaced Ash's pikachu with another pokemon, for just an episode.
    Even because, originally, the mascot was the Clefairy, but Pikachu knocked it off.

Back