• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokémon X & Y Music!

Favorite battle song?

• Total voters

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
Years
Does anybody love the Snowbelle City music?
It's so soft and has a myterious, cold feeling to it. I think it really suits the city's appearance.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
What do you mean unexpected?

he probably means that he didn't expect it to sound like that, based on how the previous leader themes sounded, and was expecting a similarity, which this theme most certainly does not have. xD

i personally like it, it's my favorite leader theme so far. when i heard it the first time, i was like "this doesn't sound like something I'd hear in a gym." it took me by surprise due to what i expected of Pokemon music, but it grew on me. it, along with the elite 4 and champion theme, are among my favorite tracks in the game. i like the direction the composers took here with the music of the game.

Thief

The Dark One
Years
I love the Gym Leader, Champion and Legendary music.

Anistar and Snowbelle remind me of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon so I adore those soundtracks. <3

braixen

the supreme meme
Years
my favorite track would have to be sycamore's theme; i just really enjoy music that sounds like that i guess

i would have have to say that the elite four battle music was my second favorite.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
Years
I like several tracks in this game, however, I don't like most of them. The elite 4 theme really hits me, but a lot of the other battle themes seem strange... The rival themes okay, but I can say I miss Go Ichinose's battle theme style. Apparently, Go Ichinose didn't make the music for this game, which explains a lot. A lot of the route themes are nice, albiet heavily french inspired.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
I felt that this generation's music was lacklustre compared to the other ones. It certainly wasn't bad, I still liked it, but it can no way compete with the other gens. I loved the bike theme (only second to BW) and the gym leader theme, but the surf theme was god-awful. A lot of the city themes were forgettable as well.

By the way, there's this part in Snowbelle City's track that sounds very much like a part in N's Farewell. Somewhere towards the end of the loop.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
I really like the Flare Boss' battle theme. They're just so much fun!!!! But the track that blew me away is the legendary theme. omf I lost my mind when I heard that theme. DEFINITELY my favorite legend theme ever.

Last edited:

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I really seem to like the Victory Road music in this game! When I first entered Victory Road I was like; whoah nice music! Gets you even more pumped for the battles ahead of you somehow xD

Also happen to like the music when you Surf (in most gens), it's always so soothing~^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
The music in the 6th gen surprised me, it's so different then the others. I read an article saying the creators spent much time in France so they could capture the esscense of it and put it into the game. I don't know if they did or not, never been to France, but they succeeded in making the game have a totally new feel..The music as a whole reminded me of Megaman, Zelda, and Phantasy Online ep. 1. I love it! My favorite tracks are when you, go into those little tunnels to get into a new route? Y'know, the ones that have theose women behind the counter in each one? And the remix of the old battle music from the 1st gen.

Years
I don't pay too much attention to the OST, I just hum them when I'm in whichever route/battle/whatever that they play. In that respect, Gen 6 has been just as 'hummable' as all other gen music.

The one specific track I'd like to point out though is the 'Gate theme' that plays between routes. It's the most relaxing track I think I've heard in a game, I could listen to it for hours.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
I felt that this generation's music was lacklustre compared to the other ones. It certainly wasn't bad, I still liked it, but it can no way compete with the other gens. I loved the bike theme (only second to BW) and the gym leader theme, but the surf theme was god-awful. A lot of the city themes were forgettable as well.

By the way, there's this part in Snowbelle City's track that sounds very much like a part in N's Farewell. Somewhere towards the end of the loop.

WAIT A SECOND. Lysandre's theme was awesome okay? Lumiose city theme is memorable because of the girl.

Years
  • Age 30
  • he/him
  • Seen May 2, 2022
I gotta say, like most people here, most of this gens music is rather forgettable. I really don't have the songs staying in my head as it was with gen 1 to 3 music. Gotta say, I don't remember any songs from gen 4 and 5 either.

I do have to say I really like Prof. Sycamores theme and I absolutely love the Kalos Power Plant/Pokéball Factory theme song. The only gen 6 songs I want to listen to even when I'm not playing.

-- Matt

PokeBound98

Hoenn Fan Forever
Years
I don't know about you guys, but I really like most of the music this generation. Some of my favorites include Shalour City's theme, Professor Sycamore's theme, Snowbelle City's theme, the Gym Leader battle music, Team Flare's battle theme, and Lysandre's battle theme.
I also really like the Elite Four battle theme, though I think it sounds kinda similar to the one in Black and White. Anyone else agree on this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
lol pokemon i love pokemon music its awsome classic and arcadie i think thats a word but yeah i love it!!!

i want to be the very best like no 1 was

Last edited:
Back