• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon XD2: Tempest of Darkness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Back [ Online! ] !
    err... well atleast for a while! =D

@Toomi: Woot! Thankies for the CC!
    I'll round off the those slopes ASAP! =D
    Also, I noticed that the stairs looked a bit weird over there... I had actually put the stairs for a rival battle, but seems like a standard cave entrance would be better!
    Thanks for taking the time to look through the mapping!
    I would surely accept you as a Beta Tester aswell, that is, if you wished.

EDIT: BTW, I'll make seperate sprites with a shadow backdrop.

EDIT2: Just editing before going [ Offline ] !
    I've made a lot of changes to the tiling to make it look like DP, expect screens and finishes to the tilesets tommorrow!

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey hey! I'd like to take you up on that offer for the Beta Testing, I'd be happy to. And I come baring map improvements!

First of all, in this screenie:
    Pokémon XD2: Tempest of Darkness!

See the tile right beside the top tile of the little mountain? Sort of where the green stuff ends abruptly? Well, try using this tile:

For it to end up looking a bit like this:

Looks better, huh?

Second one:

Wrong fence tile. Look out for those kinds of things.

EDIT: Just noticed something.

That looks bad and unfortunately, the tile you're looking for does not exist. Try to work your way around that using some bushes. Maybe instead of a tree, put two bushes allowing the Corner Fence Tile to go where it should and to keep the grass. Anyway you do it, make sure the Corner Fence Tile is there.

Tell me if you can't see the images, I'll upload them on Photobucket instead

Last edited:

Scompi

Story sounds great! Just fix up the tile mistakes in the maps and you will be fine!

Good luck!

Scompi.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    I love the screens, they look great. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.
    Are you going to release it in betas? If so, when can we expect the first one?

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Hmm... sorry guys for not being able to update... my maths exam is coming up soon, so don't expect new maps for now, instead I'm working on tiles and fixing current mapping ATM.

Thanks for the CC!
    @marz: Thankies for pointing out those errors! ^___^
    I'll fix 'em soon. I'll also PM you a "BETA TESTER" Userbar once it's made! =D

Expect some screenshots by tommorrow! =D

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Looking forward to the screenies! And it's okay, you don't need to PM me a Beta Tester Userbar, if I'm getting the right idea, it'll be for my signature, I don't put any banners in my sig apart from the ones up there now, so if you send it to me, I won't be using it. Save yourself the trouble and keep your work set on studying and this hack.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Then, if that's the case, you can send me the userbar ^-^. You don't have to of course. :\ Anyway, I'd like to take you up on the beta testing offer you proposed earlier, if you are still willing that is. If not, expect more criticisms for future screenshots ^o^.

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    @Marz: Thankies! ^^
    BTW, could you PM me your messenger adress? I think It's better to converse about the Testing there! ^^;

@Toomi: You're readily accepted! =D
    And I've added you to MSN aswell, so we'll talk stuff over there! =P
    I'll get the userbar to your inbox by Sunday or so! XD

By, the way here's a *slight* preview of the non-messed up new tiling:-
    New Tiling
    Notice the mistakes aren't corrected yet; so don't point that out.

Once it's done, screens will be updates! =D

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey Pearl. Sorry, I don't have any IM. We can do it over PM, I've done it before. Um, I like the new palette, but the bushes and hedges blend in WAY too much with the grass. Darken those bushes and hedges, it'll look a lot better.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Haha! I like more people modifying the intro to surprise the fools who buy hacks! :P

But, the hack looks promising, if you follow the guys' advises on mapping, it'll get even better (I also consider the tiling should be fixed). And, it sounds interesting the stuff on the "underwater caves", but I don't get what's that about. We'll be playing mostly during the beginning of the game in caves? XD

Good luck with this project!

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    I see what you're trying to do, and it's coming along.
    Keep it up and it'll totally be copied.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey Pearl, so what's up with the hack, what's new with it, what's going dowwnn? xD Sorry, but yeah.

And, @ SoulBankai!: What do you mean 'it'll be copied'?

WOOT 800TH POST!

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Hey Pearl, so what's up with the hack, what's new with it, what's going dowwnn? xD Sorry, but yeah.

And, @ SoulBankai!: What do you mean 'it'll be copied'?

WOOT 800TH POST!
    Well, ATM you see I've got two more exams left, after that expect quick flow of screens throughout the day, and a BETA by next week if all goes well.
    Just to tell you, I'm starting the second route's concept right now.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Well, if it's studies, then that's more important than some game.

But, I still can't wait for the BETA. Will you still be needing me as a BETA Tester?

PikachuTrAiNeR

Petey-kun!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    Just to tell you, more screens today, had forgotten and was caught up in some IRC Server Stuff.
    Map errors corrected and the 2nd Town looks better, the second route's also almost done, will be working on 3rd Town now.
    You can go ahead and suggest names for the second town, based on the screens, the name chosen by me will be in the BETA. =)

@Marz: Thanks for bumping the topic; you reminded me of posting; you're still a BETA tester by the way. =D

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    That looks good i see patrs from GBC games (i mean GSC) All hacks here are great

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back