• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon XY: Naturia Version [11-04-14: Begin + BETA 0.1]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Having played through an earlier version this game, I'm... mixed about it, to say the least.

I love it whenever people add later Gen Pokémon to Gen 1/2 based hacks, and most of the sprite devamps are good. The new tilesets/maps are also a refreshing change of pace and make it feel like less of a Gold retread. Also, yay to later Gen moves, a Physical/Special split, and Fairy Type.

But, the anti-casual attitude of this game is just so off-putting. The level curve is horrendous, the AI is completely stacked against you, and the forcibly delayed Pokémon evolutions are very unnecessary. And, I just can't get down with the whole "you can't leave gym after beating Gym Leader" or "no healing items in battle" thing. There's a reason why even the hardest official games never instituted those "features." I shouldn't have to use Gameshark cheats to beat the game.

And, the new version just doesn't look like something I even want to play. Forced disobedience, are you kidding me? And, while Pickup was okay, I'd rather not have stuff like Poison Point and Static in a Gen 2 game. Otherwise, I'd just go play a Gen 3 hack.

Again, I think you have a good idea with the game, but your execution just puts me off. It really wouldn't hurt to give more consideration to casual players, especially since Gen 1/2 hacks are so uncommon to begin with.

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@Lunedi:

I know the most bugs that you mention, some are fixed, others prefer not to advance more in the project.

About of the obedience system, this is a feature to prevent the solo-run, but as I see it does not work so well, I'm going to change the method.

Thanks for playing my friend, i will added to hall of fame (of naturia).

@BettyNewbie:

I understand that many casual players end up frustrated with the difficulty of the hack, so I decided that the player can to change the difficulty of the game in the options.

The change from one mode to another (normal and hard) are changes in the battle system (Shift/set), unlimited/limited use healing items and a new system changing levels gym leaders.

About of the level curve I'm already changing the entire game. That is one of the reasons therefore is delayed both the beta output last.

Thansk for your feedback, I hope the next beta likes to everyone.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
I understand that many casual players end up frustrated with the difficulty of the hack, so I decided that the player can to change the difficulty of the game in the options.

The change from one mode to another (normal and hard) are changes in the battle system (Shift/set), unlimited/limited use healing items and a new system changing levels gym leaders.

About of the level curve I'm already changing the entire game. That is one of the reasons therefore is delayed both the beta output last.

Thansk for your feedback, I hope the next beta likes to everyone.

That's good to know. I can understand why you want to make the game harder, but the way you have it right now just makes it impossible for the casual player to enjoy. A difficulty selection is a good compromise.

Looking forward to that next beta! :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Okay, the hack is cool and well-done, but SERIOUSLY this hack is too ****ing difficult! Lower the level of all of the trainers (EVERY SINGLE ONE), ESPECIALLY in and around Ecruteak City, because this game is too ****ing difficult.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Have you already check out that the game don't crashes when you face some trainers?? Such as rocket executives and some others, last time I had to erase my game because of that well despite that bug this is by far the best hack I've played keep up with the work!!!!!

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
I would like to know whether the region is only Johto or we can discover the Kalos too?

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@HeroesAndCons:

The level curve are 100% changed for the new release, fixing the problem of difficult!

@burnspirit:

I test the game and neither triainer crashes the game.

@The '???':

This first beta is only in Johto.

Update 12-24-14

Difficult Option + Lantern + Fanbar

1. I know the hack and difficulty are not for all players, so, in order to bring casual players and optionally to all level changes with the coaches, I created the option to change the difficulty in-game as follows:

Difficulty.gif

The HARD mode activates the following:
    • Healings HP items can only use once per battle.
    • The battle style is "SET".
    • In battles against GYM Leaders or against the Rival, the MINIMUM level of your pokemon will equal the HIGHEST level of our pokemon on the party.

2. One of the MO that I dont like is FLASH, so I created an object called LANTERN to illuminate dark places.

Lantern.BMP

3. For the last, in the beginning this was a testing project for other hacks, but as the project take seriousness, I decided to make a Fanbar.

FanBarPKMNaturia.png

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
@HeroesAndCons:

The level curve are 100% changed for the new release, fixing the problem of difficult!

@burnspirit:

I test the game and neither triainer crashes the game.

@The '???':

This first beta is only in Johto.

Update 12-24-14

Difficult Option + Lantern + Fanbar

1. I know the hack and difficulty are not for all players, so, in order to bring casual players and optionally to all level changes with the coaches, I created the option to change the difficulty in-game as follows:

Difficulty.gif

The HARD mode activates the following:
    • Healings HP items can only use once per battle.
    • The battle style is "SET".
    • In battles against GYM Leaders or against the Rival, the MINIMUM level of your pokemon will equal the HIGHEST level of our pokemon on the party.

2. One of the MO that I dont like is FLASH, so I created an object called LANTERN to illuminate dark places.

Lantern.BMP

3. For the last, in the beginning this was a testing project for other hacks, but as the project take seriousness, I decided to make a Fanbar.

FanBarPKMNaturia.png

wow the difficulty modifier is a nice touch at least now people wont complain that much but if they still do make a difficulty set for babies lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 28, 2014
Can Greninja naturally have Protean pleaseeee? I was so sad when I found out mine had Torrent and was infinitely weaker because of it(I fought a trainer that had a Frogadier that had it and my Greninja didn't. The Greninja backsprite colors are also backwards. The skin is pink and the scarf is blue when it is supposed to be vice-versa. Also, will you be making items for all HMs or just Flash? (Example: Instead of Fly, use Detachable Wings) & you think you'll ever add mega evolutions? I found some de-sprites of a bunch of mega evolutions that with a little bit of work would work perfectly in-game.

Last edited:

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
@rsttraton: In the new realease I have a surprise for you.

Update 01/05/15

New Evolutionary Methods

One of my biggest problems is not knowing when to stop of Hacking. While already had a playable beta a month ago, I have not released because I keep adding new features, including new evolutionary methods.

As I have always sought that a GBC game resembles as much as possible in terms of gameplay one of new generation (VI), the first evolutionary methods that were entering are those of Game Freak:

• Evolution knowing a particular move.
    173AMBIPOM.bmp
  • Evolution holding an item and depending on the time of day.
    225GLISCOR.bmp
  • Evolution depending on where you are.
    235LEAFEON.bmp
    083GLACEON.bmp
  • Evolution depending on the time of day.
    139AURORUS.bmp
    141TYRANTRUM.bmp
  • Evolution having a specific type of pokemon on your party.
    053PANGORO.bmp
  • Evolution if the user has a specific type of move (and in this case, having high friendship too).
    226SYLVEON2.bmp

Besides these official evolutionary methods, the hack has this new methods described below:

Evolution through Altered Status. The user must have a specific altered status to level "X". Example: Porygon evolves in Porygon2 at level 29 if is paralyzed. (Porygon absorbs electricity from your body to evolve)
Evolution through the Status in the Party. If any member of our team has a specific altered status, the user evolves at level "X". Example: Haunter evolves to Gengar at level 40 if you have a pokemon asleep on the party (Gengar feeds the dreams of pokemon)
Evolution for "death". The user should be dead (fainted) and level up. Example: Snorunt evolves to Froslass when he/she is dead and level up. ((That is the reason that Froslass is a ghost)
Evolution with a specific pokemon on the team. Level up when a specific pokemon should be part of our team. Example: Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro if Shellder is in our team .
Note: This is not a new method, is the evolutionary method of Mantyke, however I count like a new method because it belongs to the anime.
Evolution by Stats. The user must achieve "X" points to some stat. Example: Slowpoke evolves to Slowking when reach 30 points Special Attack. (Growing intelligence evolves into a sage)

Here is a graphic of new developments hack.
newevolutionmode_by_solo993-d8c0adw.png

Finally I have no more to thank everyone who commented and incidentally tell if someone wants to bring some new evolutionary approach feel free to do so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I'm looking forward to test all these changes...but I think that the evolution through status might be too incidental to really be effective...one doesn't always happen to faint right after leveling up, or get paralysed or burnt at the right moment...;

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
I'm looking forward to test all these changes...but I think that the evolution through status might be too incidental to really be effective...one doesn't always happen to faint right after leveling up, or get paralysed or burnt at the right moment...;

The idea (like everything in this hack) is that some evolutions changes are not so simple. For example, to evolve into Froslass you can never use a rare candy, since that using it slightly increases HP so it would be no longer dead.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I'm just saying that some people might find it annoying on the long run and ask you to change...But i'm willing to give it a try and see what I think about it in-game...

Looking forward to be able to re-start the game with all of your changes...^^

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Suggestions
1) Would it be possible to change the Eevee given by Bill and the Tyrogue given in Mt Mortar to other pokemon since those are already available an other way?
2) Could you make Roost purchasable again but keep Thunder wave in Goldenrod Dept Store?
3) Would it be possible to not loose half of our money when we loose but make it like in later games where it's a proportion of it depending on certain factors?
4) Could you make Pikachu learn Surf?

I have a new answers for this questions:

1)Bill gives you a Beldum at level 19.
2)This is not necessary since the next upgrade, because now the TM function as new generations and their use is unlimited.
3)Im add a new formula: (High PartyMon Level)^2 * 10
This means that if you lose your first fight will lose about $250 (5x5x10) instead of $1,500.
4)I had planned to do some event to get a Surfing Pikachu, but you're very active with my hack I decided to change the learnset of pikachu to learn Surf the level 34.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2017
I have a new answers for this questions:

1)Bill gives you a Beldum at level 19.
2)This is not necessary since the next upgrade, because now the TM function as new generations and their use is unlimited.
3)Im add a new formula: (High PartyMon Level)^2 * 10
This means that if you lose your first fight will lose about $250 (5x5x10) instead of $1,500.
4)I had planned to do some event to get a Surfing Pikachu, but you're very active with my hack I decided to change the learnset of pikachu to learn Surf the level 34.

Thaks for your answers and I'm flattered you think I'm active with your hack...but I actually haven't used it since september...^^' Sorry...(I was waiting for updates) ^^'
I really like the new formula for money loss now...:p
A Beldum at level 19... Cool but isn't that one level before evolving ? Maybe it should be level 5 instead ?

I didn't mentioned it back in September but I think that now or at least before you made all the updates Pick Up works only if the pokemon with it is first in the party...or at least it seemed to be the case...

I really like Unlimited TM use especially since you edited them and added lots of useful ones...

If it's not abusing of your kindness and hacking capacity...would it be possible to be able to re-learn moves in exchange for heart scales?

Question: If I download the hack from your first post now will it have all the updates or not? (< Does that make me sound like some obsessed/impatient person who presses the hacker for a Beta...?)

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
These latest updates are awesome. Good job with all of the evolution methods
Thanks!
I hope you come back soon with the same activity to your hack because I want to see your ability system, to see how much resembles mine.

Thaks for your answers and I'm flattered you think I'm active with your hack...but I actually haven't used it since september...^^' Sorry...(I was waiting for updates) ^^'
I really like the new formula for money loss now...:p
A Beldum at level 19... Cool but isn't that one level before evolving ? Maybe it should be level 5 instead ?

I didn't mentioned it back in September but I think that now or at least before you made all the updates Pick Up works only if the pokemon with it is first in the party...or at least it seemed to be the case...

I really like Unlimited TM use especially since you edited them and added lots of useful ones...

If it's not abusing of your kindness and hacking capacity...would it be possible to be able to re-learn moves in exchange for heart scales?

Question: If I download the hack from your first post now will it have all the updates or not? (< Does that make me sound like some obsessed/impatient person who presses the hacker for a Beta...?)

Thanks for the waiting!

The level 19 in Beldum is to use it without investing much time in. After all, when you can take it their pokemon go about level 30, so level 5 seems very bad level.

Actually I have no idea what the problem was with PickUp back then, but now I have tested all beta and works great. (I advise to always carry 2-3 Zigzagoons are very useful)

I'm a little to get to the formula of "move re-learner", i'm working too much in this.

The new download not ready yet. I will announce formally in one update that you can now download it.

Back