• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Delta episode in the game created an explanation for which the various additions in a remake of a game where it otherwise wouldn't make sense at that time. The anime has zero use for this. Delta episode wouldn't make sense in the anime unless, for some reason, something about AG (and not Hoenn, but AG specifically) somehow retconned itself and needed justifying. Which is pretty damn unlikely.

Just because there are alternate universes in the game doesn't mean there are in the show.

Actually , I think Anime does have use for Delta ark .
    Specially since the Anime has advertize both XY & ORAS.
    Honestly , I'm expecting Lisia to appear in Kalos to promote Contest and tries to scout Ash as the 1st contest star of Kalos after watching his Hawlucha!May & Drew might appear to help her or compete in the contest she hosting.
    Its ironic that Kalos & Contest both represent beauty yet there is no contest in Kalos! Pokemon Showcase is a Bad rip-off of Pokemon Contest.
    Considering Pokemon Z haven't announced yet and even if it announce then it will take November of next year for Pokemon Z to be release.
    Which mean , it will take Two more year for Gen VII to be release.
    Z-ark will probably end in 20 or 30 episode while the league ark always end in 5 episode.
    What do you want the Anime to do rest of the time ? Create another Da Journey .
    I rather prefer Ash going to Delta ark instate of wasting his time on another worthless Battle Frontier or Da Journey.
    Specially if XY , ORAS & Z are all connected!
    Plus , Your talking about Sense ? We have Protagonist who's still 10 year old despite 2 year confirmed to passed in Anime.
    How's that make any Sense ???

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Plus , Your talking about Sense ? We have Protagonist who's still 10 year old despite 2 year confirmed to passed in Anime.
    How's that make any Sense ???

First off, I'll just say that you really shouldn't say this. By throwing sense out the window, any hope for any type of logical conversation goes out the window.

Actually , I think Anime does have use for Delta ark .
    Specially since the Anime has advertize both XY & ORAS.
    Honestly , I'm expecting Lisia to appear in Kalos to promote Contest and tries to scout Ash as the 1st contest star of Kalos after watching his Hawlucha!May & Drew might appear to help her or compete in the contest she hosting.
    Its ironic that Kalos & Contest both represent beauty yet there is no contest in Kalos! Pokemon Showcase is a Bad rip-off of Pokemon Contest.
    Considering Pokemon Z haven't announced yet and even if it announce then it will take November of next year for Pokemon Z to be release.
    Which mean , it will take Two more year for Gen VII to be release.
    Z-ark will probably end in 20 or 30 episode while the league ark always end in 5 episode.
    What do you want the Anime to do rest of the time ? Create another Da Journey .
    I rather prefer Ash going to Delta ark instate of wasting his time on another worthless Battle Frontier or Da Journey.
    Specially if XY , ORAS & Z are all connected!
    I'm...not seeing how any of this would make a Delta Arc work with the show any better. Why would May and Drew showing up matter? That has nothing to do with parallel universes, it's just two characters from the past showing up again. The whole point of Delta Episode was to justify the changes made in ORAS without retconning RSE.

Plus, as far as advertisement for ORAS' concerned, they've pretty much covered that with the Mega Evolution Special. And considering the game came out a year ago, now would be a strange time to promote it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    When do you think Lysandre with meet Ash's group ?
    Considering Ash has both Ash-Greninja & Puni-chan.
    My guess , Alain will fight Ash for Puni-chan.

I'm...not seeing how any of this would make a Delta Arc work with the show any better. Why would May and Drew showing up matter? That has nothing to do with parallel universes, it's just two characters from the past showing up again. The whole point of Delta Episode was to justify the changes made in ORAS without retconning RSE.

Plus, as far as advertisement for ORAS' concerned, they've pretty much covered that with the Mega Evolution Special. And considering the game came out a year ago, now would be a strange time to promote it.

What does Parallel Universe has anything to do with this ? Just because the Anime could have ark based on Delta Episode doesn't mean its has to be Parallel universe.
    After all , Pokemon XY still take place in the same universe as Original series! Unless you claim that show moved to an alternate universe.
    We already have better reason to Justify the Change made in ORAS and it call "Time ".
    According to anime timeline , Its been more then 3 year since Ash been to Hoenn which is enough time for change.
    Also , The Anime should have an ark based on Delta episode because it better and more interesting then that Megevolution special.
    Honestly , The Only thing Megevolution did was revealing The Boy with Black Charizard that helped Steven during a crisis involving Rayquaza.
    For your information , Steven did mention the event of Megevolution act in ORAS.
    Honestly , Megevolution special hardly do any advertizing for ORAS! It just did the same thing that the movie did. (showing primal reversion & Mega Rayquaza)
    There are a lot of exciting part of ORAS that wasn't feature in Anime.

And May should reappear because she's Ash's past traveling companion & Her game got a remake with her getting a new design.
    This makes a good chance for her to reappear alongside Lisia & chaz.
    Even Drew appear in ORAS as the "Ace Trainer"! Its as if the designer used Drew as the model for the new ORAS Ace Trainer.
    Plus whoever design May & Lisia's outfit for Contest are far better then the Anime artist. Considering their Contest outfit is far better then Serena , Shauna and Aria's outfit.

Also , what was the point of Pokemon Origin since FRLG hype is gone long time ago ! Considering that the anime already made Megevolution Special featuring Mega Charizard X so it seem too much work to make 4 episode with one episode doing the advertizing.
    First off, I'll just say that you really shouldn't say this. By throwing sense out the window, any hope for any type of logical conversation goes out the window.

But its True !
    The Anime is ignoring sense and continuity to do whatever they want.
    I just wish the Anime could recot Drew so Advanceshipping could be a canon.
    For example : Wallace was the champion of Hoenn in DP But now Steven is champion of Hoenn.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    What does Parallel Universe has anything to do with this ? Just because the Anime could have ark based on Delta Episode doesn't mean its has to be Parallel universe.
    After all , Pokemon XY still take place in the same universe as Original series! Unless you claim that show moved to an alternate universe.
    We already have better reason to Justify the Change made in ORAS and it call "Time ".
    According to anime timeline , Its been more then 3 year since Ash been to Hoenn which is enough time for change.
    Not sure where you're getting that information from about it having been 3 years, but...

Parallel universes have everything to do with this because, as I just mentioned, that was the whole point of Delta Epsiode. If you're not going to bring that into it, there's no point in putting Delta in the anime at all. "Time" explains nothing because ORAS takes place at the same time that RSE would have (and does, in a different universe), so...I'm not seeing what you're getting at here.

I think you're spinning this whole thing around, because I'm not saying there are any alternate universes in the anime- quite the opposite. I'm saying there's only one universe and that's why the Delta Episode isn't relevant here. Just adding Hoenn content doesn't make it related to Delta Episode.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    May be , Alain is right about Manon holding him back since he able to beat an E4 member after dumping her.
    That explain why Ash can't win a Real League or Beat E4! Its because Ash always travel with Friends and they hold him back.
    Pokemon Moral : Friends make each other weaker.

Not sure where you're getting that information from about it having been 3 years, but...

Parallel universes have everything to do with this because, as I just mentioned, that was the whole point of Delta Epsiode. If you're not going to bring that into it, there's no point in putting Delta in the anime at all. "Time" explains nothing because ORAS takes place at the same time that RSE would have (and does, in a different universe), so...I'm not seeing what you're getting at here.

The Alternate universe does nothing in Delta Episode ! It just serve as a warning for Davor corp if they try "Infinite energy Warp" to save ORAS world by sacrificing RSE World.
    Also , It already known that A League conference & Grand festival happen once in a year.
    After Hoenn , Ash been though 2 League conference & 1 Grand festival which make it 3 year.
    During this time , Ash change his outfit & personality 3 time! Ash was smart in DP But an idiot in BW But became smart again in XY.
    Plus , Wallace was Hoenn champion in DP Series but now Steven is the champion!
    So , Time is enough to explain all the change in ORAS.
    Also , ORAS take place in the same time as RSE in the GAME , Not in the Anime.
    Obviously , Anime Delta episode would be different then the Game! Unless writer finds a way to combine Delta episode with upcoming Pokemon Z.
    Just like they combined BW & B2W2 plot together.
    Off course , I would like Ash falling for Zinnia but get rejected because Zinnia believe Ash to be too young and he will find someone better when he grows up. Therefore Ash learn the experience of falling in Love and get rejected.
    I think you're spinning this whole thing around, because I'm not saying there are any alternate universes in the anime- quite the opposite. I'm saying there's only one universe and that's why the Delta Episode isn't relevant here. Just adding Hoenn content doesn't make it related to Delta Episode.
    Then What is Mirror-Universe ? Also where did The Shiny Rayquaza came from in the Movie ?
    As Mirror-Clemont said , There are infinite amount of Universe so there is another universe where Kalo War didn't took place so Megevolution doesn't exist.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    May be , Alain is right about Manon holding him back since he able to beat an E4 member after dumping her.
    That explain why Ash can't win a Real League or Beat E4! Its because Ash always travel with Friends and they hold him back.
    Pokemon Moral : Friends make each other weaker.

The Alternate universe does nothing in Delta Episode ! It just serve as a warning for Davor corp if they try "Infinite energy Warp" to save ORAS world by sacrificing RSE World.
    Also , It already known that A League conference & Grand festival happen once in a year.
    After Hoenn , Ash been though 2 League conference & 1 Grand festival which make it 3 year.
    During this time , Ash change his outfit & personality 3 time! Ash was smart in DP But an idiot in BW But became smart again in XY.
    Obviously , Anime Delta episode would be different then the Game! Unless writer finds a way to combine Delta episode with upcoming Pokemon Z.
    Off course , I would like Ash falling for Zinnia but get rejected because Zinnia believe Ash to be too young and he will find someone better when he grows up. Therefore Ash learn the experience of falling in Love and get rejected.
    Then What is Mirror-Universe ? Also where did The Shiny Rayquaza came from in the Movie ?
    As Mirror-Clemont said , There are infinite amount of Universe so there is another universe where Kalo War didn't took place so Megevolution doesn't exist.

Ash wasn't smart in DP and he lost a lot more battles during that series then he did in BW and even though he did make a few mistakes in Unova doesn't mean he was a idiot. But XY has brought his charactar back up hill and made him a well like character again , and if Ash does wins the Kalos League maybe they can finally bring an end to this tired some anime.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    The Delta Episode wasn't just an aesop about Infinite Energy. It was a clear explanation that ORAS and X/Y take place in another timeline from all of the other Pokemon games barring R/B/G/Y and G/S/C. It was huge, because without it ORAS would have just been a straight up retcon, and would have caused all sorts of continuity errors like the entire concept of Mega Evolution vanishing from Gen IV, up until it was rediscovered in Gen VI. That means all Mega Evolutions, all the new Pokemon from Gen IV up, and Kyogre and Groudon being able to undergo Primal Reversion would have ceased to exist past Gen IV. That causes a huge amount of problems that can't easily be fixed, and the same problem would happen in the anime. Introducing a Delta Episode short would retcon a ton of things, things that can't easily be fixed even with the best writers. The anime can get away with having X and Y in the same continuity, because even in game it says Mega Evolution has been recently discovered. But that's not the case with ORAS; it has been there for a very long time and was even researched as a power source. This can't just be thrown into the anime without messing a ton of stuff up. How do you introduce Zinnia and Mega Rayquaza into the anime when it was clear before that Rayquaza was a poorly understood Pokemon and never had a following that depended on it saving the world? Time is not nearly enough to reconcile the two, since ORAS introduces a ton of lore that overwrites the lore of R/S/E, and that's not something you can just fix with a quick excuse.

You are aware the movies are just partially canon right? It's actually pretty fuzzy on whether the movies are canon or not, because they're rarely referenced in the anime proper. The mirror universe could have just been a thing made up specifically for that movie. Also there could be more than one Rayquaza.

By the way you were complaining earlier about how Ash should have a jerkface come in and be a rival because the ones he have aren't quite engaging enough. What's wrong with having a rival that isn't a cocky prick? In R/S/E Wally and May/Brendon were still engaging, and they weren't arrogant or cruel. In D/P/Pl you had Barry who was just plain scatterbrained, but he was a good rival as well. Why's it mandatory that Ash has to face a jerk who's got a chip on his shoulder? You could say it's because Ash gets character development that way but since he constantly resets every time any and all character development he gets is nil. Why not have him go against someone who's not brash and arrogant? The cocky kid who isn't nice to their Pokemon has already been done over and over again. I know the writers really aren't that good but you could still have Ash be rivals with someone who's not a prick and still make it fun to watch.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The Delta Episode wasn't just an aesop about Infinite Energy. It was a clear explanation that ORAS and X/Y take place in another timeline from all of the other Pokemon games barring R/B/G/Y and G/S/C. It was huge, because without it ORAS would have just been a straight up retcon, and would have caused all sorts of continuity errors like the entire concept of Mega Evolution vanishing from Gen IV, up until it was rediscovered in Gen VI. That means all Mega Evolutions, all the new Pokemon from Gen IV up, and Kyogre and Groudon being able to undergo Primal Reversion would have ceased to exist past Gen IV. That causes a huge amount of problems that can't easily be fixed, and the same problem would happen in the anime. Introducing a Delta Episode short would retcon a ton of things, things that can't easily be fixed even with the best writers. The anime can get away with having X and Y in the same continuity, because even in game it says Mega Evolution has been recently discovered. But that's not the case with ORAS; it has been there for a very long time and was even researched as a power source. This can't just be thrown into the anime without messing a ton of stuff up. How do you introduce Zinnia and Mega Rayquaza into the anime when it was clear before that Rayquaza was a poorly understood Pokemon and never had a following that depended on it saving the world? Time is not nearly enough to reconcile the two, since ORAS introduces a ton of lore that overwrites the lore of R/S/E, and that's not something you can just fix with a quick excuse.

However , That doesn't mean that XY & ORAS are different universe.
    In RSE universe , Kalo war never took place so Megevolution doesn't exist!
    So , If Ash is currently in RSE Universe then Mega Evolution will not exist at all. "Recently Discovered" doesn't take care of continuity error.
    Just because Prof Sycamore recently started to research on Megevolution doesn't mean it recently discovered.
    Megevolution existed long time ago in XY Universe as explained by Korrina's grandfather in the "Tower of Evolution".
    Ash currently in XY universe which is also the ORAS Universe ! If Ash existed in RSE universe then Mega evolution wouldn't be discovered at all .
    Like it or Not , ORAS is canon to current anime! Steven being champion , Megailth & Megevolution existence is prof of that.
    Also , ORAS being Canon to Anime doesn't do any harm to the continuity since Ash last been to Hoenn 3 year ago .
    He himself changed in those 3 year So its obvious that a lot thing changed in Hoenn on those 3 year.
    Ash probably didn't saw Megevolution because Hoenn Gym-Leader doesn't use Megevolution in Both RSE & ORAS, Ordinary trainer didn't had megevolutin and Ash only battled one E4 member in Hoenn who didn't bother to use his best pokemon.
    Also remember , We are watching an Anime where the Main Protagonist still 10 year old despite the Anime clearly shown that 2 year has passed since Ash became a Trainer! Do you think Writer gives a dam crap about Continuity !
    You are aware the movies are just partially canon right? It's actually pretty fuzzy on whether the movies are canon or not, because they're rarely referenced in the anime proper. The mirror universe could have just been a thing made up specifically for that movie. Also there could be more than one Rayquaza.

Do you really watched XY series ? Because I don't remember Mirror-Universe is being a part of a Movie considering it took place actual TV Series .
    Which mean it canon to Anime !

By the way you were complaining earlier about how Ash should have a jerkface come in and be a rival because the ones he have aren't quite engaging enough. What's wrong with having a rival that isn't a cocky prick? In R/S/E Wally and May/Brendon were still engaging, and they weren't arrogant or cruel. In D/P/Pl you had Barry who was just plain scatterbrained, but he was a good rival as well. Why's it mandatory that Ash has to face a jerk who's got a chip on his shoulder? You could say it's because Ash gets character development that way but since he constantly resets every time any and all character development he gets is nil. Why not have him go against someone who's not brash and arrogant? The cocky kid who isn't nice to their Pokemon has already been done over and over again. I know the writers really aren't that good but you could still have Ash be rivals with someone who's not a prick and still make it fun to watch
    What wrong with Non cocky Friendly rival ? THEY ARE BORING !
    Pokemon is a TV show , not real life !
    Therefore , Ash need a rival that act like a rival and push him forward.
    Saying Ash should have friendly non-cocky rival is something children would say! It same as saying Nobita (Doreamon) should have better friend then Gian & Suneo who always pick on him.
    Rivals are Rivals , Friends are Friends ! There are difference.
    Shota is more of student then rival , Tireno more of a friend then Rival.
    As you see , Most fans prefer Ursula over Zoey as Dawn's Rival ! Because Ursula acts like a Rival that makes the show interesting.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
    However , That doesn't mean that XY & ORAS are different universe.
    In RSE universe , Kalo war never took place so Megevolution doesn't exist!
    So , If Ash is currently in RSE Universe then Mega Evolution will not exist at all. "Recently Discovered" doesn't take care of continuity error.
    Just because Prof Sycamore recently started to research on Megevolution doesn't mean it recently discovered.
    Megevolution existed long time ago in XY Universe as explained by Korrina's grandfather in the "Tower of Evolution".
    Ash currently in XY universe which is also the ORAS Universe ! If Ash existed in RSE universe then Mega evolution wouldn't be discovered at all .
    Like it or Not , ORAS is canon to current anime! Steven being champion , Megailth & Megevolution existence is prof of that.
    Also , ORAS being Canon to Anime doesn't do any harm to the continuity since Ash last been to Hoenn 3 year ago .
    He himself changed in those 3 year So its obvious that a lot thing changed in Hoenn on those 3 year.
    Ash probably didn't saw Megevolution because Hoenn Gym-Leader doesn't use Megevolution in Both RSE & ORAS, Ordinary trainer didn't had megevolutin and Ash only battled one E4 member in Hoenn who didn't bother to use his best pokemon.
    Also remember , We are watching an Anime where the Main Protagonist still 10 year old despite the Anime clearly shown that 2 year has passed since Ash became a Trainer! Do you think Writer gives a dam crap about Continuity !
    Do you really watched XY series ? Because I don't remember Mirror-Universe is being a part of a Movie considering it took place actual TV Series .
    Which mean it canon to Anime !
    I honestly dunno what to say. I never said X/Y and ORAS are in different timelines. In fact I said they were in the same timeline. How exactly the anime's timeline works is unknown to me, as I haven't watched the anime since D/P and given how the writers work there's likely tons of plot holes I don't know about. But as far as I know the Hoenn present in ORAS isn't canon, because there was a special on it and it specifically stated it was a what if? story. If the Hoenn there isn't canon then the Delta Episode can't be canon either. Do I need to mention that Maxie and Archie used Mega Evolution (and look completely different?) That Kyogre and Groudon underwent Primal Reversion? That Soar is not a thing? You can't just say the Hoenn we saw is the same one from ORAS because too many things are different and they just can't be reconciled. The Hoenn we saw was based on R/S/E. That's not something you can just deny because we're on the X/Y leg of the anime and the anime is full of plot holes and paradoxes. For them to somehow stuff the Delta Episode in would involve butt pulls and plot holes you could drive a train through, and while it's something they might do there's no way they can do it without retconning a lot of things. It's not like we're revisiting Kanto here in HG/SS.

What wrong with Non cocky Friendly rival ? THEY ARE BORING !
    Pokemon is a TV show , not real life !
    Therefore , Ash need a rival that act like a rival and push him forward.
    Saying Ash should have friendly non-cocky rival is something children would say! It same as saying Nobita (Doreamon) should have better friend then Gian & Suneo who always pick on him.
    Rivals are Rivals , Friends are Friends ! There are difference.
    Shota is more of student then rival , Tireno more of a friend then Rival.
    As you see , Most fans prefer Ursula over Zoey as Dawn's Rival ! Because Ursula acts like a Rival that makes the show interesting.
    How the heck is having a brash cocky little kid not boring? It's something everyone's seen before and at this point it's a bit predictable. I think your problem is with the quality of the script, not Ash dealing with someone who's not arrogant or "acting like a rival". If it can be done in the games well it can be done in the anime too as long as the character's well written enough and since the writers can't do that I think that's where the problem stems from. It's perfectly possible to have a nice, scatterbrained person as a capable rival, but it has to be done well, and the writers can't do much of anything well these days. I already mentioned the problems with Ash traveling in a region that technically lies in another timeline.

Also ain't Zinnia in her 20s? That's just eeeeww.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I honestly dunno what to say. I never said X/Y and ORAS are in different timelines. In fact I said they were in the same timeline. How exactly the anime's timeline works is unknown to me, as I haven't watched the anime since D/P and given how the writers work there's likely tons of plot holes I don't know about. But as far as I know the Hoenn present in ORAS isn't canon, because there was a special on it and it specifically stated it was a what if? story. If the Hoenn there isn't canon then the Delta Episode can't be canon either. Do I need to mention that Maxie and Archie used Mega Evolution (and look completely different?) That Kyogre and Groudon underwent Primal Reversion? That Soar is not a thing? You can't just say the Hoenn we saw is the same one from ORAS because too many things are different and they just can't be reconciled. The Hoenn we saw was based on R/S/E. That's not something you can just deny because we're on the X/Y leg of the anime and the anime is full of plot holes and paradoxes. For them to somehow stuff the Delta Episode in would involve butt pulls and plot holes you could drive a train through, and while it's something they might do there's no way they can do it without retconning a lot of things. It's not like we're revisiting Kanto here in HG/SS.

Well , Unlike you I watch BW & XY series So I have better idea of Anime Timeline.
    Also ,Hoenn in ORAS isn't canon to RSE Game ! That doesn't mean ORAS isn't canon to anime.
    After all , Megevolution Special shown Primal reversion and Mega Rayquaza! Doesn't that screw up that contiunity ?
    Unless off course You also think Megevolution Special wasn't canon to anime ether.
    Also , Maxie & Archie didn't battle or show any pokemon in AG series ! So You can't be sure about they not having Mega.
    Whom I kidding ? Primal Reversion & Megevolution didn't existed in AG series because they were introduce in Gen VI. It doesn't have anything to do with Alternate Universe.
    Just Like Ash never met any Gen III or Gen IV pokemon in Indigo Saga despite Battle Frontier ark shown a lot of Gen III & IV pokemon in Kento.

How the heck is having a brash cocky little kid not boring? It's something everyone's seen before and at this point it's a bit predictable. I think your problem is with the quality of the script, not Ash dealing with someone who's not arrogant or "acting like a rival". If it can be done in the games well it can be done in the anime too as long as the character's well written enough and since the writers can't do that I think that's where the problem stems from. It's perfectly possible to have a nice, scatterbrained person as a capable rival, but it has to be done well, and the writers can't do much of anything well these days. I already mentioned the problems with Ash traveling in a region that technically lies in another timeline.

Because Cokcey little Kids make the show interesting with their chemistry with the Protagonist.
    Just like Bad Friends like Gian & Suneo make Doreamon interesting for Kids.
    Currently , XY series is boring because its filled with extra Nice & Gentle character so the series can't provide the humor & dynamic original series did.
    Currently , Ash needs a rival who process an intimidating vibe and worth beating.

Also ain't Zinnia in her 20s? That's just eeeeww.

What about Alain & Manon ? People seem to fine with this Lolicon Ship being canon.
    While I just said Ash to fall & get rejected by Zinnia . It similar to how sometime Children grow crush on someone Older like their Teacher.
    Honestly I want Ash to be strong enough to beat E4 and smart enough to deal with Evil Villain, But I also want him to be silly & imaginative as a real Ten year old Boy.
    Being a Kid doesn't mean running in the street Shouting "Yaayyyyyyy" and make silly faces.
    There are a lot to a 10 year old Boy.
    Currently , Ash doesn't feel like a 10 year old.
    I think , Writer need to think about all the other thing A Real Ten year old Boy does beside going to school & Study.
    For example : Children likes to "Show off" ! Whenever they gets a new Toy , They will show it to all their friend . Pretty much like how Original Ash show off his Badge and brag.

mew_nani

Years
    Famon you cannot just say something's canon because you haven't seen any evidence to the contrary or refuse to see such evidence. Unfortunately in my research to see if ORAS Hoenn really was canon I ended up learning that the anime's timeline is way more messed up than I thought it was. I remember seeing that there was an ORAS special and indeed there is, and it's not canon. Yet in the Mega Evolution specials they fight Mega (? I actually don't know if it is Mega Rayquaza, Serebii doesn't have anything) Rayquaza, and this oddly enough is canon in both the games and the anime. So ORAS is sorta canon... and sorta not canon? And at the same time the Hoenn representation based on RSE is canon? What the hell writers? You have Steven fighting Rayquaza alongside a guy with a black Charizard which only happened in ORAS, and yet all the events based on RSE happened too, even though the lore, characters and events from the two are radically different. How reality in the anime hasn't begun to implode yet is beyond me.

Even so, it's still not possible that the Hoenn from AG and the Hoenn in ORAS are the same. The lore, history, characters, character designs, and the story around Mega Evolution are just not compatible, and even a layman like me can tell the two regions could never be one and the same. It's still possible to attempt a Delta Episode, but they would only be messing things up more than they already are, since it would require a giant series of retcons for AG since the character designs and lore don't match up. Which... they might do anyway. Even though it would be a copout.

EDIT: Welp, they do in fact fight a Mega Rayquaza. I think the canon's officially shot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Movie 1, 2, and 7 were confirmed to have occurred canonically (heck, Drew's hometown was a Movie location). I really doubt the movies would be "partially canon." They either are or they aren't. Besides, the anime also forgets elements that happened in the prior episodes, so it's not like just because the anime forgets stuff from the movie it's automatically non-canon.

Also, mirror universe? I don't recall the movies having a mirror universe. I did hear of one of the episodes dealing with a mirror universe, though.

Even so, it's still not possible that the Hoenn from AG and the Hoenn in ORAS are the same. The lore, history, characters, character designs, and the story around Mega Evolution are just not compatible, and even a layman like me can tell the two regions could never be one and the same. It's still possible to attempt a Delta Episode, but they would only be messing things up more than they already are, since it would require a giant series of retcons for AG since the character designs and lore don't match up. Which... they might do anyway. Even though it would be a copout.

In all fairness, Aipom aside, there really wasn't much in AG that was even kept in. Many times, AG felt more like a filler saga than Johto, especially when Ash retains the exact same rank as in Johto, Dawn when replacing May has the exact same goal as her, and Ash's Battle Frontier win in DP is treated like a joke.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Famon you cannot just say something's canon because you haven't seen any evidence to the contrary or refuse to see such evidence. Unfortunately in my research to see if ORAS Hoenn really was canon I ended up learning that the anime's timeline is way more messed up than I thought it was. I remember seeing that there was an ORAS special and indeed there is, and it's not canon. Yet in the Mega Evolution specials they fight Mega (? I actually don't know if it is Mega Rayquaza, Serebii doesn't have anything) Rayquaza, and this oddly enough is canon in both the games and the anime. So ORAS is sorta canon... and sorta not canon? And at the same time the Hoenn representation based on RSE is canon? What the hell writers? You have Steven fighting Rayquaza alongside a guy with a black Charizard which only happened in ORAS, and yet all the events based on RSE happened too, even though the lore, characters and events from the two are radically different. How reality in the anime hasn't begun to implode yet is beyond me.

EDIT: Welp, they do in fact fight a Mega Rayquaza. I think the canon's officially shot.

If you believe that Current Ash is the same Ash we seen in other series and not some multidimensional counterpart of Ash then AG Hoenn and ORAS Hoenn are canon.
    That fact that Megevolution & Primal reversion exist in XY proves the ORAS Hoenn is canon to Anime.
    However Just because AG & ORAS Hoenn are canon in Anime doesn't mean the entire story of the game is canon.
    It just like how Team Plasma ark in the Game & the Anime are different.
    Even The Team Aqua & Magma ark in the Anime is different from the game!
    Do you ever remember Lance appearing in RSE game to deal with Team Aqua & Magma.
    Even if there is an ark based on Delta episode , It will be different then the Game! Just like PokeSpe manga doing it ORAS chapter.
    Zinnia can still appear and do her thing to save the world! However it will be different then the game.
    Remember , The Anime exist to advertize all main Pokemon game that also include ORAS! Writer will made it canon even if they has to combine RSE & ORAS in one universe.

Last edited:

mew_nani

Years
    Movie 1, 2, and 7 were confirmed to have occurred canonically (heck, Drew's hometown was a Movie location). I really doubt the movies would be "partially canon." They either are or they aren't. Besides, the anime also forgets elements that happened in the prior episodes, so it's not like just because the anime forgets stuff from the movie it's automatically non-canon.

Also, mirror universe? I don't recall the movies having a mirror universe. I did hear of one of the episodes dealing with a mirror universe, though.

Oh really? I wonder though just how do you confirm if they aren't canon? I heard from somewhere it's hard to tell because most of the time they aren't referenced. Eh, you'll have to forgive me. I have a cursory knowledge of the anime at best. The movies are where my expertise lies.

As for the mirror universe, according to Famon a mirror universe appears in Archdijni of the Rings, which is apparently where all those legendaries come from, including a shiny Rayquaza. I haven't seen it so I'd have to look it up to confirm it.

In all fairness, Aipom aside, there really wasn't much in AG that was even kept in. Many times, AG felt more like a filler saga than Johto, especially when Ash retains the exact same rank as in Johto, Dawn when replacing May has the exact same goal as her, and Ash's Battle Frontier win in DP is treated like a joke.

Problem is though unless it's directly denied it's technically still canon. Since nobody's gone and retconned it and declared it not canon all the events that happened there still happened, and because the events that did happen were based on RSE they don't mesh well at all with the Hoenn in ORAS, which is much different. Famon is trying to say the Hoenn we saw in AG and the one present in ORAS are one and the same because of the Mega Evolution specials... which is impossible without a huge giant retcon that would cause even more issues. A voodoo shark, if you will.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I was wondering today if Z-ark can be more like One Piece ark.
    You know , An ark where Ash actually fights Lysandre and defeat him to save the world.
    Also , Shota talk about how Terminus Cave has "Never Before Seen" Pokemon So I wonder if we might get to see a brand new pokemon that Ash catchs.

Actually , Hoenn saga had the same amount of rating as Jotho series! The rating drop during Battle Frontier saga probably because fans lose interest after Hoenn league or Advanceshipper find it painful to watch with all the Contestshipping hint.
    Honestly , if AG Series didn't favored Drew so much and give Ash a good main rival then AG Series might be on the same level as the Original series Considering that it did maintain all the gags.
    I think , I started hating AG series after Ash got his ass kicked by Drew and THE SERIES JUST REFUSE TO LET ASH BEAT DREW IN A REMATCH.
    Then , Battle Frontier start giving canon Contestshipping hint! Not only Drew defeat Ash , That Playboy also got the Best girl of the series.
    Not to mention , I was forcing myself to cheer for Misty when I actually liked May.
    Currently , I love if May come to Kalos and gives a good Advanceshipy hint that throw Contestshipping out from the clear track of being Canon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Actually , Hoenn saga had the same amount of rating as Jotho series! The rating drop during Battle Frontier saga probably because fans lose interest after Hoenn league or Advanceshipper find it painful to watch with all the Contestshipping hint.
    Honestly , if AG Series didn't favored Drew so much and give Ash a good main rival then AG Series might be on the same level as the Original series Considering that it did maintain all the gags.
    I think , I started hating AG series after Ash got his ass kicked by Drew and THE SERIES JUST REFUSE TO LET ASH BEAT DREW IN A REMATCH.
    Then , Battle Frontier start giving canon Contestshipping hint! Not only Drew defeat Ash , That Playboy also got the Best girl of the series.
    Not to mention , I was forcing myself to cheer for Misty when I actually liked May.
    Currently , I love if May come to Kalos and gives a good Advanceshipy hint that throw Contestshipping out from the clear track of being Canon.

First of all, I never said anything about ratings for Johto and AG, I only said that AG was more like a filler saga, in reference to complaints about Johto being a filler saga. Second of all, why are we getting into Advanceshipping of all things? I never even brought up Pokeshipping anyway.

Anyways, AG seemed to be more or less retconned. If it was still canon, Ash, no, Pikachu would not have lost to Ursaring or Gym Leaders. And Ash would actually reference that he knew a prior coordinator the very moment he learns Dawn's goal.

And as far as the overall topic, we know the Z arc will most likely feature the eighth gym leader and the Kalos league. Whether that will be before 2016 or early in 2016 is unclear at the moment, but we do know that they'll have to do those things very soon. And based on a scan, we're probably going to expect the gym leader very soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    First of all, I never said anything about ratings for Johto and AG, I only said that AG was more like a filler saga, in reference to complaints about Johto being a filler saga. Second of all, why are we getting into Advanceshipping of all things? I never even brought up Pokeshipping anyway.

Anyways, AG seemed to be more or less retconned. If it was still canon, Ash, no, Pikachu would not have lost to Ursaring or Gym Leaders. And Ash would actually reference that he knew a prior coordinator the very moment he learns Dawn's goal.

And as far as the overall topic, we know the Z arc will most likely feature the eighth gym leader and the Kalos league. Whether that will be before 2016 or early in 2016 is unclear at the moment, but we do know that they'll have to do those things very soon. And based on a scan, we're probably going to expect the gym leader very soon.

Dude , Every series after Original series are filler saga ! It doesn't matter if Ash became Top 08 or Top 04.
    Off course , Battle Frontier might be a little unique since thats the first saga where Ash beaten a Legendary Pokemon.
    And Advanceshipping wasn't have anything to do with your post ! I was just saying my reason for avoid watching AG series.
    However , if stuff can be retconned from AG series then I want it retcon all the Contestshipping hint.

Anyway , Z-ark will also focus on Serena Tripokalon as well ! My guess is that Serena will use Eevee on the next Tripokalon and lose which will promote Eevee to train hard to become a Sylveon.
    Off Course , I don't give a dam crap about Tripokalon! It just a Boring ass thing writer created for Serena.
    I prefer Pokemon Contest over Showcase , Atleast it has awesome battling.
    Plus , I think there are a lot of unused potential for May & Contest .
    For example :
    --A Cold female rival like Paul who known as the "Ice Queen".
    Or
    --A rival like Ursula who believe May to be involve in a romantic relationship with Drew like Brianca so she tries to flirt with Drew to annoy May. However , May seem to be okay with this until that rival accidentally get "Too close" to Ash that trigger May's jealousy . That Rival secretly mock May's choice of guy and tried to make Ash fall for her to annoy May but the Rival herself end up falling for Ash for real.

Years
    Today 13 November 2015

First:
    Wulfric is the number 52 gym leader. Ash will have 52 badges at the end of XY. Too much really!!

Ash's achievements:
    Kanto 8
    Orange islands 4
    Johto 8
    Hoenn 8
    Sinnoh 8
    Unova 8
    Kalos 7

The Total is 51 badged.
    You can Add the battle frontier 7 symbols to increase the number to 58.

Pokémon XY & Z Speculation

Second:
    Ash's Pokémon: (according to Bulbapedia)
    61 in Professor oak lab
    2 in training
    4 released
    2 traded away
    1 given away
    2 unofficial
    35 temporary
    Here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ash_Ketchum

The Total is 107 Pokémon.

Third:
    The number of the episodes:
    Episode number according to Serebii:
    The last one is 903 (including future episodes).
    He will have 903 episodes of experiences.
    Here: https://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/xy/

Fourth:
    The number of the years:
    The number of the movies is the 18 movies. He has 18 years of experiences.

Finally:
    58 badges and symbols.
    107 Pokémon.
    903 episodes.
    18 years.

What else he needs to win a Pokémon league?

Please tell me

Back