• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: PoKéMoN Yellow Lightning (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    It seems to me that you might be using the program PET, which is utter trash for editting trainers. I suggest using A-Trainer, it has all the options to set the default attacks a trainers pokemon at any given level would actually have, or you can set them yourself etc. if you are using A-Trainer, you probably needed a trainer repoint to a new offset and thats why the moves didn't update.

Ok. When I get back from school I'll download it.

I'd be willing to help with Beta testing, if you want. I've currently got lots of time on my hands - graduated from school, and I have no job.

That would be great. But you will have to wait a bit before you get to recieve the first Beta test since I would like to make Viridian City and Route 1 first.

i could also beta test, i like to explore maps and talk to many people in the games and this one looks pretty promising.

Same as above. It would be great but you'll have to wait.

clacla$$$

Back in business ~
    Years
  • Ok. When I get back from school I'll download it.

That would be great. But you will have to wait a bit before you get to recieve the first Beta test since I would like to make Viridian City and Route 1 first.

Same as above. It would be great but you'll have to wait.

ok, no problem, i can wait :cool:

/art-56/

magik leafer
    Years
  • hurray! always dreamt of playing for gary!!!!

And by the way, the echa not brown hair and black!

Last edited by a moderator:

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • if you need more beta testers i could also do it, as yellow was the first Pokemon game i played in the series, and i am very excited about this one xD, and if you want help mapping or spriting i can help also( not alot because im currently working on 2 hacks).

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    if you need more beta testers i could also do it, as yellow was the first Pokemon game i played in the series, and i am very excited about this one xD, and if you want help mapping or spriting i can help also( not alot because im currently working on 2 hacks).

For mapping you could check maps on Pokémon Yellow and then think of something that could make them look updated for GBA graphics and then show a picture of it to me and I add it. Spriting however I would appreciate alot :D

Oh and on a side note. I will check your 2 hacks and see if I find them intersting.

the ash black hair, and on the screenshot brown.
    sorry, I have very bad English...

He has brown hair in this hack because he's FRLG styled.

No problem. My English isn't that good either.

Last edited:

Hazard7

Purple Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to this hack because I wanted to play Pokemon Yellow Remake on GBA or NDS version.

Hope this will be good as this person's hack: Pokemon Lighting Yellow

Also no offence, I honestly don't like Pikachu's front sprite. I know it's the same sprite base on GBC version but he is too fat and ugly. I rather change his sprite back or get a cool looking skinny sprite like the D/P/Pt/HG/SS one or the Black/White one.

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    I'm looking forward to this hack because I wanted to play Pokemon Yellow Remake on GBA or NDS version.

Hope this will be good as this person's hack: Pokemon Lighting Yellow

Also no offence, I honestly don't like Pikachu's front sprite. I know it's the same sprite base on GBC version but he is too fat and ugly. I rather change his sprite back or get a cool looking skinny sprite like the D/P/Pt/HG/SS one or the Black/White one.

I don't like the skinny Pikachu that much. He's not as cute as the fat one from the old days. Also I don't want to use any DPPT or HGSS sprites since most of them are too big. But if more people ask for the normal Pikachu then I will remove my hard work edit (seriously it took a while to make it) and use the GBA Pikachu (no DPPT or HGSS).

My hack may not be the same as Lightning Yellow but I will make everything from Pokémon Yellow exist but with some extra stuff appearing as I said.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I don't like the skinny Pikachu that much. He's not as cute as the fat one from the old days. Also I don't want to use any DPPT or HGSS sprites since most of them are too big. But if more people ask for the normal Pikachu then I will remove my hard work edit (seriously it took a while to make it) and use the GBA Pikachu (no DPPT or HGSS).

My hack may not be the same as Lightning Yellow but I will make everything from Pokémon Yellow exist but with some extra stuff appearing as I said.

Yes, change the sprite, it is ugly and not a proper revamp (no offence). Also, you never replied to my previous post, so are you going to fix the maps? They look really horrible and off-putting.

Hazard7

Purple Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I don't like the skinny Pikachu that much. He's not as cute as the fat one from the old days. Also I don't want to use any DPPT or HGSS sprites since most of them are too big. But if more people ask for the normal Pikachu then I will remove my hard work edit (seriously it took a while to make it) and use the GBA Pikachu (no DPPT or HGSS).

Well just stick with the Emerald sprite because he look better like that. He is abit fat/skinny.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2012
    hey mate looks pretty sick do you think i could be a beta tester since it says you need one :)???

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Yes, change the sprite, it is ugly and not a proper revamp (no offence). Also, you never replied to my previous post, so are you going to fix the maps? They look really horrible and off-putting.

I had a message ready but when I was going to post it Pokecommunity updated and since then I have been too lazy to write a new one.

So I'm just going to answer some questions:

That Pokémon 1-5 cities thingy was about the movies and so was 1-8

That is Cinnabar Island you are talking about. I'm going to remake it though.

If 3 more people request the Pikachu sprites to return back to Emerald sprites then I will. But for now I'm sticking with my edit.

I will revamp Pallet Town to have the bigger trees if that will make you happy.

and I don't care if Liquid Crystal will sue me for Orange Islands. It's my hack and I add whatever I want. However I'm thinking of scrapping the Legendary 4th and 5th gen Pokémon capturing thingy since I have no idea how YAPE works.

Happy now? I answered your questions.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • blase005 said:
    I have no idea how YAPE works.

Are you kidding me? That's the easiest tool to use in the whole Toolbox!
    By the way, I don't see how that Pikachu sprite is terrible.
    I think it's fine. Stick with the Pikachu sprite. Don't change it. It's very original and well made.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I agree with Sarcastic Prince.(as much as i dont want to.)
    But the sprite is good.
    But if you want that website i posted has custom/edited ones also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back