• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon you like from your least favorite type

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Steel's close, but Fighting is probably my least favorite (Timburr line had a big impact here). Tyrogue and Gallade are probably tied as my favorite Fighting-types, followed by Lucario and non-Mega Blaziken. I'm also cool with Hitmonchan, Mienshao, and non-Mega Heracross.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I like Ampharos, Lanturn, Luxray, Galvantula (even after it missed 2 out of 4 Thunders at the E4 in my B2 playthrough despite having Compound Eyes), Heliolisk, and some of the Rotom forms.

Years
  • I think I've grown to have Ice as my least fave, considering just how many weaknesses it has compared to its resists (i.e. just itself lol)

All that said, Snom is still my boi <3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'd say either Fighting or Ground are probably my least favorite. But both of them do have some awesome Pokémon in their respective types.

Lucario, Toxicroak, Breloom, and Scrafty are some personal favorites of mine. And Garchomp, Gliscor, Excadrill, and Marowak are great too!

Years
  • Ghost, Rock, Fighting and Fire are my least favorite types and I wasn't that sure how to pick between them.
    So I just looked at which of them had the least mons I like. Which was pretty close between Ghost and Fighting, but Ghost takes the least favorite type spot due to Fighting literally having 2 more mons I like lol

Ghosts I like: Misdreavus/Mismagius, Sableye, Shuppet/Banette, Froslass, Rotom, Oricorio (Sensu), Mimikyu, Lunala & Spectrier

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Fighting and Fairy.
    Scrafty's my favourite Pokémon so that's a given but I do like Kommo-o, Toxicroak, Breloom, and Hawlucha.

For Fairy, I do like Grimmsnarl, Tapus, and Xerneas. I also have a soft spot for Aromatisse for helping me so much for draft teams.

Tho I guess for both types, I do like sword doge and shield doge too even if the designs are a bit ridiculous but I like ridiculous designs plus dogs.

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Hmmm, Fighting types I like...Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Falinks, Scrafty, Infernape, Mega Mewtwo X, Machoke (yeah, kind odd that Fighting is my least favorite type but I like this Pokemon, but I just like how it's so human-like yet so not).

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Kadabra, Starmie, Jynx, Hypno, Espeon, Claydol, Metagross, Musharna, Sigilyph

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • This distinction is a toss-up between Normal and Fighting, but there are quite a few Pokémon of those types that I like. Let's see...

Normal: Jigglypuff, K-Meowth, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Stantler, Hoennian Zigzagoon, Zangoose, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Type: Null, Silvally, Indeedee, Wyrdeer, Ursaluna.
    Fighting: G-Farfetch'd, Sirfetch'd, Heracross, Hitmontop, Riolu, Lucario, Gallade, Hawlucha, Buzzwole, Marshadow, Hisuian Sneasel, Sneasler, and last but not least my baby Falinks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If you exclude Grass/Poison-types, Poison is my least favourite type. So out of them Croagunk is growing on me, and I like Crobat's design (although I think it should be coloured like HGSS Gengar) despite finding its pre-evo's terrifying.

Years
    • Seen today
    My least favourite type is the Normal type. They can't hit anything super effectively (except in Inverse battles, in which nothing resists it), and HM's have soured me on the type even more.

The Normal types that I like are the original Meowth line, Dodrio, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Ditto, Snorlax, Porygon2, Smeargle, Miltank, Blissey, Swellow, Staraptor, Lickilicky, Porygon-Z, Cinccino, Braviary, Meloetta, Heliolisk, Toucannon, Bewear, and Obstagoon. I also have a soft spot for Fearow, Wigglytuff, Furret, Linoone, Zangoose, Lopunny, Purugly, Audino, Diggersby, and Indeedee.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't like ice very much. Has a lot of weaknesses, basically no resistances, and, meanwhile they have 4 advantages, that would make them really good hard-hitters if they were faster, GameFreak decided they want the "slow and deffensive" technique for ALL of them. Anyway, I love alolan Ninetales. It's fabulous. And my favorite ice type. I also love Lapras, Aurorus, Spheal, Glaceon, and Snom…
    Well, it's Snom. You can't hate it

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Hmm, I wanted to say Rock or Ground type but I realized I loved more Pokémon as newer ones get introduced that don't look like unpolished /ugly/ rocks and dirts. I would say Electric, unpopular opinion, I absolutely don't like Electric types for no reasons. Except for Raikou.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I have found out that Normal and Fighting aren't my only least favourite types; I have an entire tier of least favourite types which includes the two mentioned above along with Dark, Ice, Grass and Rock. That said, from those types I like...

Dark: Sableye, Incineroar, Houndour, Houndoom (moreso its Mega), Johtonian Sneasel, Weavile, Greninja, Unovan Zorua (but not Zoroark) and Impidimp (but not its evolutions.)
    Ice: Johtonian Sneasel (again), Weavile (again), Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Glastrier, Spheal, Sealeo (but not Walrein), Lapras, Kyurem.
    Grass: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur (but NOT Venusaur), Budew, Roselia (but not Roserade as of late), the Cherubi line, the Chikorita line, the Applin line, Hisuian Voltorb (but not Electrode), Mow Rotom, the Phantump line, the Rowlet line, Dhelmise and regular Calyrex.
    Rock: The Anorith line, the Tyrunt line, the Alolan Geodude line, the Rockruff line, Kleavor, Carbink, Diancie, Stakataka and Hisuian Growlithe (but not Arcanine).

That should be it.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Perhaps my least favorite Pokémon type is Bug-type, namely because it has too many weaknesses on defense and too many other types resist it on offense. However, my favorite Bug-type Pokémon is Butterfree, mainly because of her ability Compound Eyes, which boosts move accuracy by multiplying the move's original accuracy by 1.3. As a result, Sleep Powder, which normally has 75% accuracy, has 97% accuracy when used by Butterfree with Compound Eyes. I then use Quiver Dance, a move that boosts Butterfree's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed by one stage each while the opponent is sleeping, and use Baton Pass, a move that passes Butterfree's stat boosts (and other possible things such as non-volatile status conditions) and switch into my special sweeper for an easy sweep. It's an unexpected strategy that often results in several wins for that reason alone. I also love Pinsir, Heracross, Scizor, and Golisopod because of their raw power.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    This was a difficult one, tbh.

Poison: Roserade, Dragalge, Eternatus
    Fire: Rotom-H
    Fighting: Marshadow

Years
  • Fairy is my least favorite type but there are still a lot of Fairy type Pokemon that I like so I'll list just a few that I like the most (my favorites): Alolan Ninetales, Tapu Koko, Togekiss, Florges and Whimsicott.

Years
  • Fairy without a doubt, they either are over the top cutesy, over the top pink, or something that already existed thats now a fairy. Sylveon though i think perfectly works in being cute, pink, and not over the top

Back