• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released

Should JOHTO be added to the Hack, or HOENN?

• Total voters

IIIMQIII

Split personality
Years
  • Ah... the sprite possession bug... Yeah... I found it too, but since I knew how to fix that, then I forgot about it. Basically IIIMQIII, you should keep in mind to do a deep search through your sprites and change all the sprites with the "Move Down" movement type to "No Movement" (which has the same result), this will fix your possession problems, and you'll avoid them in the future.

Okay...Let's handle Zel first:
    @ Zel: Thanks for telling me about that. I'll do that from now on, but it puzzles me as to why and how that happens...Maybe it's AM? Co if it is, I'll not be surprised. Btw, does your AM also mess up if you add more maps, coz if I do, it comes up with a "Connections" window that shows there's data that needs to be repointed and when I repoint that data, it erases the bank where all my new maps are stored in. Would you know what's going on, Zel?

haven't seen any updates in a while, just wondered how it's going :)
    good luck finishing the hack!

Now for Erimgard:
    @ Erimgard: Lol! I didn't have time to do anything new yet, since the university's keeping up all busy with various tests, tutorials and the eminent threat of mid-year exams coming up (and I still don't know my way around Complex numbers and the Binomial Theorem too well...)

To everyone: Not to worry, I'll try to begin working on the hack again as soon as I get the chance to and release more screens.

~Later

Last edited:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • no problem man, take your time :)
    university comes before hacks so it's all good.
    I'll be patiently waiting for the new screenis, good luck!

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Um... does anyone know who exactly makes those hack supporter bar things? If anyone know of who does or can make them, can you let me know, please?

~Later

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • @ Zel: Thanks for telling me about that. I'll do that from now on, but it puzzles me as to why and how that happens...Maybe it's AM? Co if it is, I'll not be surprised. Btw, does your AM also mess up if you add more maps, coz if I do, it comes up with a "Connections" window that shows there's data that needs to be repointed and when I repoint that data, it erases the bank where all my new maps are stored in. Would you know what's going on, Zel?

I think AdvMap has a few problems, but seeing as it is the best tool...
    And, I had a similar problem... Usually happens if you constantly add new maps, which forces to repoint the map bank offset. So, next time, make a backup, insert your map, but start to use the amount of reserved maps value, give it a high (reasonable) value. That way, you'd need to repoint the map bank only once. After that, the next maps you just need to use the Existing Spot option, and use your reserved slots, which prevents touching the map bank (and you only need the space for the inserted map). When all the slots had been used, make another backup and repeat.

That's all I do about it. I've been sucessful, so far...

Well, good luck with the hack. I'm not a fan bar maker, so... Guess you need to wait till a fan shows up and makes you one. XP

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • I think AdvMap has a few problems, but seeing as it is the best tool...
    And, I had a similar problem... Usually happens if you constantly add new maps, which forces to repoint the map bank offset. So, next time, make a backup, insert your map, but start to use the amount of reserved maps value, give it a high (reasonable) value. That way, you'd need to repoint the map bank only once. After that, the next maps you just need to use the Existing Spot option, and use your reserved slots, which prevents touching the map bank (and you only need the space for the inserted map). When all the slots had been used, make another backup and repeat.

That's all I do about it. I've been sucessful, so far...

Well, good luck with the hack. I'm not a fan bar maker, so... Guess you need to wait till a fan shows up and makes you one. XP
    Thanks for that advice - I'll try it out on another copy of the ROM.

As for the two flavours that I intend to release Yttrium 89 (STABLE) as, are there any more comments from you guys on this?

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • As I said before, I think the two flavors idea is a bad idea...just go with Hexvi, Ester, and if you can fit it, one or two towns of johto to spice things up a bit
    keep up the good work

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The thread will now be temporarily closed as requested by the hack creator.

-closed-

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • YES
    I've been waiting for this. I was actually planning on PMing you and making sure it hadn't died!
    Great to see the hack up and running again. Good luck and keep up the great work!
    ~Ben

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
  • Umm... The Screens look very messy... But Good luck anyways^^

This is shaping up to be a good hack.

Good luck, and GO JOHTO!!!
    Hiya all...

Yup, this thing's back on track. Due to much work and tests and assignments and exams and ... and a reboot of the hack, I'm ready to get this whole thing back on track. Dont't worry about "messy" screens (please tell me which) and about Johto, as this will all change.

Johot may still be in the hack, but only one or two towns (I'll see about the space).

Many areas have now been -totally- remodelled, and some events have changed too. But, for now, here's some screens to keep y'all happy :)

The order goes: Old .... New

Cape Town:
    Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released
    <- I'm aware of the girl that's in the rather strange place here!

Nero Island:

AquaVaris Falls:

"Route 3", North Varis City:

Varis City:

"Route 11", West Mires City:

"Route 10", Mires CT Region:

And, the bonus shot... (I'm not telling what this is :P)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    Interesting story, nice maps and three regions. This is definently a hack i'm going to watch :D.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • good stuff liking the screens.
    one thing I would suggest is that you pay close attention to the levels of the wild pokemon...if I recall correctly, when I played this, I almost got killed by some wild pokemon in their upper teens on the way to one of the towns, and then the route after that all the pokemon were like level 7.
    that said, the first beta was pretty darn good and original, and I hope to see more like it

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, everything's looking fine on this reboot (just look at the first "new" screenshot, you used a wrong tree tile there. That's the only thing I found wrong about all the pics)

Good luck, hope you can manage to deal with your time to work on it. It's one of the projects that I most liked its beta, so keep up that way, and you'll be sucessful.

Back