• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Zero [v0.13.1 alpha] - FRLG enhanced remake

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I ment to touch on this a LONG time ago but forgot, part of me mistook this game for another that has also been untouched for a while from what I can tell. Basically this one idea I had was an idea I pitched for another fangame that sought to do a major rebalance of the red/blue games via Pokemon Essentials, among them being not just modernized movesets but other balances that one would deem logical.

Anyway a rebalance suggestion I made back then could apply to this game to add a bit of a challenge in the late game; If you start with bulbasaur, resulting in the rival picking charmander, it would make ssense that with he-being Oak's grandson and thus possessing more knowledge on pokemon than the average trainer-he would instead of using Pidgey through out the game decide on some non-flying type since Charizard itself is also a flying pokemon. It always made even the original Red/Blue as well as Fire Red and Leaf Green too easy to fight two flying types whenever I picked Bulbasaur as my starter in a new game since logically speaking Oak's grandson wouldnt make such a decision like that. In some instances using more pokemon of similar type at once can make sense, especially in the anime, but from a gameplay perspective stacking two flying types on a team is a good way to get wiped out.

If you think this is a good idea, do you think you can change up the Rival's team when the time comes? Something I see happening as a possible final team at Indigo Plataeu in my case could be Charizard, Umbreon, Exeggutor, Nidoking/queen,/Rhyperior Kingdra, and Electivire

Some of these options I chose due to the anime (Nidoking and Nidoqueen along with Umbreon and Electivire were each pokemon Gary was known to have in the anime and it can also work with a game where he picks squirtle as his starter in turn) but also because umbreon is a pokemon geared toward being a difficult pokemon to knock out usually due to its tanking abilities and Kingdra's deadly a lot of the time Sniper ability or not while electivire can be dangerous due to its high attack especially if it has a choice scarf to boost it further.

I figured I'd toss this out there.

Years
  • Hey the cave is still not there
    I would love to show you but I don't know how to put an image on my post.

This is a map of Mt. Ember taken from the Pokémon Zero files along with a path showing the route through. I've also tested this myself so I'm not sure where you're having issues.
    Spoiler:

Hey, I wanted to know how many legendary pokemon are there in game?

Full list of available 'mons here, I count 19 legendaries:
    Spoiler:

I just started playing this and its amazing, my only complaint about it is the lack of battle animations, but that is a very minor complaint and doesn't effect my enjoyment of the game at all
    Good to hear! Animations are planned but no timeframe on these at the moment.

I ment to touch on this a LONG time ago but forgot, part of me mistook this game for another that has also been untouched for a while from what I can tell. Basically this one idea I had was an idea I pitched for another fangame that sought to do a major rebalance of the red/blue games via Pokemon Essentials, among them being not just modernized movesets but other balances that one would deem logical.

Anyway a rebalance suggestion I made back then could apply to this game to add a bit of a challenge in the late game; If you start with bulbasaur, resulting in the rival picking charmander, it would make ssense that with he-being Oak's grandson and thus possessing more knowledge on pokemon than the average trainer-he would instead of using Pidgey through out the game decide on some non-flying type since Charizard itself is also a flying pokemon. It always made even the original Red/Blue as well as Fire Red and Leaf Green too easy to fight two flying types whenever I picked Bulbasaur as my starter in a new game since logically speaking Oak's grandson wouldnt make such a decision like that. In some instances using more pokemon of similar type at once can make sense, especially in the anime, but from a gameplay perspective stacking two flying types on a team is a good way to get wiped out.

If you think this is a good idea, do you think you can change up the Rival's team when the time comes? Something I see happening as a possible final team at Indigo Plataeu in my case could be Charizard, Umbreon, Exeggutor, Nidoking/queen,/Rhyperior Kingdra, and Electivire

Some of these options I chose due to the anime (Nidoking and Nidoqueen along with Umbreon and Electivire were each pokemon Gary was known to have in the anime and it can also work with a game where he picks squirtle as his starter in turn) but also because umbreon is a pokemon geared toward being a difficult pokemon to knock out usually due to its tanking abilities and Kingdra's deadly a lot of the time Sniper ability or not while electivire can be dangerous due to its high attack especially if it has a choice scarf to boost it further.

I figured I'd toss this out there.

Mm, I dunno. I think Blue's Pidgeot is pretty iconic to his character and I wouldn't want to remove it. For example it's his signature Pokémon in Pokémon Masters. I've modified quite a few elite Trainer teams in this game but I left Blue mostly untouched, largely because he is so iconic to these games and already has a team of six with a decent amount of variety.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Lol funny story, I stated a new game and just got to lavender town before this new update and I was like WTF when the tutor tried teaching frenzy plant over Grass Pledge.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm also liking the feature of TR salesmen in most pokemon centers BTW, especially since the guys at game freak gave Venusaur a much overdue buff by giving it access to Earth Power. I cant wait to get that when I get tot he TR merchant offering it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2022
    Hey so I have a small problem. I'm at Celedon City and im trying to get to Fuscia through Bicycle Road. But when i start the battle and it says "A wild Snorlax has appeared" it crashes.

Years
  • Hey so I have a small problem. I'm at Celedon City and im trying to get to Fuscia through Bicycle Road. But when i start the battle and it says "A wild Snorlax has appeared" it crashes.

Hm, I'll have to have a look and get back to you on that. Can you send any more information, or do you get any particular error message when it crashes?

really enjoying the game! just had a question, where can you find a metal coat?

Good to hear! There's one on Route 12, although you will need Surf to reach it. Metal Coat also has a small chance to appear as a held item on various wild Steel-type Pokemon such as Magnemite, Skarmory, Beldum and Bronzor.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    I'm having the same issue with the game crashes as I start battling the snorlax, there's no error message that pops up, the game just freezes. This happens with both snorlaxes on route 12 and route 16.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    Hi, I really really enjoyed your game it was absolutely fantastic. I just completed it the other day.
    The only problem I am having is with semi-regular crashes. Which is so frustrating especially when you are enjoying the game.

Any advice on how to stop it?

Years
  • Hey so I have a small problem. I'm at Celedon City and im trying to get to Fuscia through Bicycle Road. But when i start the battle and it says "A wild Snorlax has appeared" it crashes.

I'm having the same issue with the game crashes as I start battling the snorlax, there's no error message that pops up, the game just freezes. This happens with both snorlaxes on route 12 and route 16.

Hi, I really really enjoyed your game it was absolutely fantastic. I just completed it the other day.
    The only problem I am having is with semi-regular crashes. Which is so frustrating especially when you are enjoying the game.

Any advice on how to stop it?

So, I've just released v0.8.4. This update is to fix a few issues that were causing stability problems.

Replicating crashes is not easy, but I have noticed a severe drop in them since doing these updates. I was able to get that Snorlax crash you guys mentioned around 20% of the time, but now after this update I couldn't get it after ~25 attempts.

Another big problem with stability was the transitions between areas. I could replicate this crash fairly easily before, and now the updates I've made seem to have removed this problem.

Hopefully you all find the game a lot less prone to crashing now, but do continue to let me know if you encounter any more issues! Thanks guys.

Back