• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokéNav

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    The Pokénav was a new feature introduced in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire all the way back in 2002. This device worked similiar to the Pokégear, as it contained a map and you could use it to call other trainers.

Do you think the PokéNav will return in the RS remakes? And if so, will it appear on the bottom screen, or just in the menu like the original games? Discuss!
    PokéNav

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If Pokegear returned in HGSS, then it's almost confirmed that Pokenav will return in ORAS. I can't wait too, Match Call was a nifty little feature.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    There can be so much speculation of what the upgraded PokéNav can offer. Can it have a Berry Map app like the Pokétch, or the Dowsing Machine? Can it get new stuff through events? Can it get miscellaneous apps like how the Pokétch had many stuff? Will it even change at all? I just hope they make it awesome, it was the first device in the games that seemed to be quite useful.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Pokenav changes?

So, pretty straightforward. The pokenav in R/S/E is a bit... useless? I mean, you only could call, see the map and see the contest stats of your pokemon. Do you think it will have more applications? If so, what would you like it to do?

For example, as it was stated on another thread, it could have a GBA sounds app, or maybe a radio (who knows, maybe it occurs on a future where Birch grew tired of research and has its own radio show :? )

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I don't really remember the PokeNav that much - and if I'm being honest, I only remember it from the anime...
    But from what you've said I do hope it gets an update. I'm not too fussed about a radio, but I would love for the GBA sounds to be in the game.

Maybe they could use it to access things like Pokemon-Amie?? Honestly I don't know.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that the PokeNav will return. Why wouldn't it? They could maybe replace the bottom screen with the PokeNav instead and have a multitude of features to it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think the PokeNav would make a great feature on the bottom screen! Match Call, a map, etc, all the usual jazz. :) I'm sure it'll make a return, just as the Pokegear did in HGSS.

Years
  • The PokéNav has a lot of potential to be great in ORAS. Pokétch revolutionized this genre of gadgets that the player acquires in core Pokemon games, and from then on, they've always included newfangled features and tricks that improve the overall game play. Of course, this could be accomplished well with a revised PokéNav system, complete with old features like PSS, and new systems galore.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I agree in that the PokéNav was a monumental step from the technology the Hoenn region had, to the Pokémon Gold and Silver games. I liked that in Emerald we now had the ability to call other players for a rematch, or to see our ribbons from previous won Contests. Furthermore, the map was even better and more advanced than the previous.

I also agree that Game Freak should not only keep this device in the remake, but should expand on the features as well. Add more of a radio feature to it. I like Hoenn's idea of adding a Berry Map, as well as a Secret Base map. Furthermore, Streetpass and Spotpass capabilities should be added, and new apps. could be added periodically through adventure and download. It would also be cool to add a GPS device, and an app. alerting you when hordes of Pokémon were in a specific area.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I also kinda hate how once you get the PokeNav, that's it. You get a high tech map instead of a boring old map, see the contest stats of you Pokes because it doesnt fit in the Summary stats page, and see all the contacts that you wont able to hear back from. I know they fixed it a tad in Emerald but I hope they really redo the system and have the PokeNav a more meaningful usage, an item that a trainer must have.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't remember much about it, but I do remember that I hated the thing for one main reason:

You were forced to register trainers. You were not given the option to say no and not register one.

Let's face it, some NPC trainers I don't want to rematch. Some don't give out enough prize money. Some have Pokemon with the most annoying abilities in the game. Some are located in the middle of nowhere and it's a pain in the rear to get to them. And honestly, some are just plain ugly and I didn't want to look at their sprites again (talking about the RSE originals)

Yeah, Vs. Seeker > Match Call. I hope the remakes address this issue by giving us a "Do you want to register this trainer? Yes/No" option instead of forcing the matter upon us.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I also kinda hate how once you get the PokeNav, that's it. You get a high tech map instead of a boring old map, see the contest stats of you Pokes because it doesnt fit in the Summary stats page, and see all the contacts that you wont able to hear back from. I know they fixed it a tad in Emerald but I hope they really redo the system and have the PokeNav a more meaningful usage, an item that a trainer must have.

Pokétch became progressively more useful, so that's a really valid point. Emerald was half as good because they actually showed how we use Match Call and highlighted the feature so that we don't have to go through the whole game without realising we can rebattle half the people we meet. The fact that the people who battle us willingly give us their number gives some intimation that said people are rebattleable. Something like that may be nice from time to time, like a PokéNav feature signalling where the submarine is or something/

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I would love if the PokéNav made its new home on the 3DS's touch screen. It could have all of its original features, the PSS, Amie, and Super Training of XY, and maybe even a few more new features (that Berry Map feature in DPP was definitely a lifesaver)...these are all just personal wants, though, but I think it would be an awesome way to utilize the bottom screen!

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    MUSIIIIIC. That's the only thing it needs. Music.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • MUSIIIIIC. That's the only thing it needs. Music.
    GBA sounds for OR/AS. I would absolutely love that to make an appearance. Bring back the radio from G/S/C, just tailored to R/S standard.

I'd honestly like to see a bit of the Pokegear and Poketch's mechanics added into the new PokeNav, because I'm confident it'll make a comeback. You have the bottom touch screen to take advantage of this time around, so I'm hoping we get some apps like the Poketch had, to increase usability.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'm sure they'll follow suit. The PokéNav was one of the primary elements of the games. It took part in sections of the storyline, such as with Devon Corp. and when your Dad phones you, and so on. It's certainly a key feature that would be sorely missed if it weren't to be included. We'll see it again, but naturally it will be expanded the same way the PokéGear was in HGSS.

Years
  • It'd be odd if the PokeNav didn't return to ORAS. As has been pointed out, it's been used during various parts of the storyline, and given how the PokeGear returned in HGSS, it's sort of a given that it'd return. That being said, I definitely hope that it would be upgraded so that it served more use. However, I'm not sure if I can see them adding any extra features (except for maybe a radio or thing like GB Sounds). PSS/Amie/Super Training I see as being separate from the PokeNav, though if they put the PokeNav on the bottom screen like the Poketch/the three aforementioned systems then I can see them being merged. On the other hand, I can see just the PSS/Amie/ST be on the bottom screen and the PokeNav being one of the buttons you can press on the bottom, much like in XY.

As for improving its current features, the only thing I can think of is how it'd be nice if it were easier to rebattle people--especially Gym Leaders. I think I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but rather than have the leaders want to randomly battle you, you could call them on a certain day (like in HGSS) and they'll want to battle.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I am just waiting if the PokeNav will recieve any new interfaces like be able to switch more fluidly than before. And more apps to it. Wouldn't complain at that... At all.

Back