• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokéNav

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
Years
  • It's definitely coming back, besides I don't see why it wouldn't.

As for improvements, I guess it will have a sleeker Poketch-esque interface. Maybe a video feature to the Match Call~ They'll probably add in other features like those in the Poketch.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Either nintendo will bring back the PokeNav back or introduce us a new function. Leaving it out is not an option because each game has their own thing like BW and B2W2 having the C-Gear. HGSS had the PokeGear, DPP had the Poketch, so they will have it for sure, although new features can be promised since it's 3ds. Maybe if they bring back the contents then the ribbon feature will stay the same. As for the match call, they might tweak it a bit but it would be kinda cool if you can register a friend over Wi-Fi. The town map feature will be the same but should add a zoom in feature to view the area, after exploring it of course. They should add a radio to it just like HGSS so that you can catch rare pokemon as in hordes or simply rare.

Plus, if they do something like Buena's Password to get prizes would be awesome. Some DPP features should be added too like where is the roaming legendary pokemon or to be updated of the pokemon in the daycare. But instead of digital icons you can view it in some sort of video form. They should also add the GB sounds to the PokeNav or have a radio station to serve that purpose along with the other regions too. Maybe it's too much that we are asking for but all we can do is hope for the best in ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I loved PokeNav,but I hope they make the Match Call function more similar to the Vs. Seeker in FireRed/LeafGreen,since it felt like forever waiting for a trainer to be ready for a rematch.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PokéNav will definitely be returning. This time around, though, I'd really like them to give us options to customize its interface and whatnot. Alongside, it'd also be nice if they could allow us to install apps and such, such as for GPS, listen to radio, etc. This device is sort of like a smart-phone, so anything should be possible.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    i never really used the pokenav, it wasn't very useful to me. I was more a custom to the vs seeker in FRLG, so useing it was a bit of a hassle. With that said, I still think it will return. it may be a bit modified and hopefully more useful, but if it doesn't I would be pretty surprised.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
    Years
  • Too be honest I don't see it coming back. Yeah it was made solely for R/S/E but at the rate they've been going with not bringing back cool functions from previous games I highly doubt it will be back.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It'll most likely return. They'll proably add something like "Digital Trade" to cover the trading feature of PSS. Also Battling could be a seperate feature. It could have small buttons though out the screen. It could have PokéGrooming (as Hoenn's version to Aimé).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think they will add it again, and maybe give it some more apps. Personally, I really hope they keep Match Call, being able to rematch trainers and even Gym Leaders was really awesome :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think they will add it again, and maybe give it some more apps. Personally, I really hope they keep Match Call, being able to rematch trainers and even Gym Leaders was really awesome :)

Speaking of app's the Pokenav seems a bit old in design, it looks like a flip phone (I know some of us still use them, I included). It's based on 2002 tech after all. So maybe it could get a make over in design to make it look like something from 2014.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Speaking of app's the Pokenav seems a bit old in design, it looks like a flip phone (I know some of us still use them, I included). It's based on 2002 tech after all. So maybe it could get a make over in design to make it look like something from 2014.

PokeNav as an iPhone. I hope it wont inherit the bad tracking system of Apple Maps ;)

Or maybe the PokeNav will be a more high-tech device than the Holo Caster.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I just noticed something.
    Take a look:

They're not wearing the PokéNav! What the actual hell? There is something similar on their strap of their bags. However, this seems to be more of a button to take off the strap.

I'm hoping the PokéNav doesn't dissapear though. They didn't make any mention of it, but they did mention the Mega Bangle.
    The only thing I could think of is the PokéNav is no longer a device, but rather an option.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2022
    Brendan and May both didn't have the Pokenav visible in their Emerald Artwork. In fact, it has only ever been visible in Brendan's Ruby & Sapphire artwork so I doubt this means anything.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • It wouldn't be Hoenn without it for me. I always liked the Pokenav and Hoenn Pokedex designs as a device, they appeared to be rather Water-proof too, to boot. Might get upgraded, but they shouldn't look too different. :S They might get merged, too.

Elmogvy

The One That Adores A Mudkip and Eevee
    Years
  • Hopefully the Pokenav will have a similar function as to FRLG because the extra training really helped me throughout the whole game so I was way stronger than the Gym Leaders. Although for ORAS they should seriously revive the radio stations and maybe at one point the radio people can talk about the evil doings of Team Aqua or Magma. They should also come up with some kind of journal for achievements and you can share it with your friends either wireless or over Wi-Fi. But mostly I keep my fingers cross on the VS Seeker being a new function.

Years
  • I think the Pokenav will also include something like the PSS. And Pokenav will likely be at the bottom of your screen

Years
  • Nothing about the PokeNav yet, although there hasn't been too much revealed at this point features-wise. Still, various screenshots have been released from E3 and two trailers as well, with no hint of the Hoenn mechanic. It's probably too early to tell, but do you guys think it's possible they scrapped the PokeNav completely and simply moved the X and Y system over to ORAS?

Back