• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokéography

Years
  • So the past few days I've been mocking up an idea for a theme based on typography, so far I've got a banner and a very basic colour scheme* but I'm lacking some ideas for the layout.

Where I am so far
    Spoiler:

I'm going for a minimalistic layout to go with the type theme but so far it's all been too plain.

Any idea's or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

*which will probably change btw

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    That actually looks pretty good. However, you should probably change the color scheme.

Years
  • That actually looks pretty good. However, you should probably change the color scheme.
    Any ideas what to?

Also
    Spoiler:

I'm still in need of some opinions on the layout and such. I'm not liking the forum heading boxes so does anybody have any ideas for it?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Crossing my fingers that's an image map and not going to be cut up into a ton of images and linked like that! I had a different idea of what the layout should be for the forum when Razor Leaf (I think that's who linked me...) asked me what I thought about the style.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is pretty awesome actually. I'd change the link colours really, they're hard to see. My only concern is how this would look on larger resolutions?

Years
  • Crossing my fingers that's an image map and not going to be cut up into a ton of images and linked like that! I had a different idea of what the layout should be for the forum when Razor Leaf (I think that's who linked me...) asked me what I thought about the style.
    Care to share whatever this idea was...? I really don't want plain boxes and anything rounded wouldn't go well with an arial font imo.
    Image map? :x It's a background image with some words slapped on top of it if thats what you mean.

This is pretty awesome actually. I'd change the link colours really, they're hard to see. My only concern is how this would look on larger resolutions?
    I was worried about that actually. I'm only on a netbook so I don't exactly have a wide selection of resolutions to try out. It shouldn't be too much of a problem though.
    Also the hyperlinks are still default atm, colour scheme still isn't finalised

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well I imagine that the header would look rather strange if it does not cover most/all of the top of the style.

Years
  • Yea it would kill the look a little bit. Maybe it wouldn't look as bad if I were the align the tables with the header using a fixed width?
    Pokéography

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah I was thinking that, I mean, it would mostly appeal to members without a huge resolution, but that should be okay. Try go with the standard. Something around 900/1000px width would be nice. But you could always create a variant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think it looks pretty awesome. I like the idea with links as words in the banner ^^ and the somewhat dotty background is neat.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    ^ Yeah the grainy texture is what I like too, and that banner looks p spiffy!! You could always get a colour switcher, one in blue, one in green, etc (get teal lol). Nice so far!

Years
  • You could always get a colour switcher, one in blue, one in green, etc (get teal lol). Nice so far!

I was thinking about that if I could be bothered at the end xD maybe doing ones in green, blue, red and yellow to match it with the generation one Pokemon banner.
    It'd probably need some help though. I'm only just getting use to the style editor thing in vB I'd have no idea how to insert a javascript colour changer x]

Last edited:
    Years
  • I must say, I do really like it. I like clean themes. I have been using New Directions for a while now and nothing beats it, this might.​

Years
  • It might be worth offering a reduced version of the header. As it is, you're going to appeal to minimalists (*puts hand up*), so you might as well capitalise on that.

Is it possible to have a variable width on the header? Obviously having each word as an object would be downright horrible, but maybe you could work with blocks?

Ease back on the texture usage on the text fields. It can look a little "1995 drawing program"-ey.

Has potential, I'm keep to see how it turns out. :D

Years
  • It might be worth offering a reduced version of the header. As it is, you're going to appeal to minimalists (*puts hand up*), so you might as well capitalise on that.
    I don't really know how I'd go around doing that...
    I can't just remove a couple of names because then I'd have to remove all of them otherwise it'd ruin the fact it had all of the original 151 pokemon in it.

Is it possible to have a variable width on the header? Obviously having each word as an object would be downright horrible, but maybe you could work with blocks?
    I don't think this would work either :S The header gets most of its appeal from the fact that everything, or everything to my ability, is aligned with something else so if I were to let it become fluid everything would become unaligned and it'd just look messy.

Ease back on the texture usage on the text fields. It can look a little "1995 drawing program"-ey.
    This will change though, I was thinking about using more type to decorate the right side of the tables so that it doesn't ruin the simplicity look but it doesn't make it seem too empty.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The only way I could see a reduced version worked would be to make one that only had like...50 or so of the Pokemon, which I understand would be a huge pain to redo the whole header just for another option. Although it would be nice because sooo many PC styles have gargantuan headers.

Also just a little nitpick but Exeggcute is misspelled.

Pokéography

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • It does look pretty amazing; I like the idea. Although, the colour scheme seems a bit dull, but the grainy texture behind the header kind of gets rid of the feeling. Good job, so far!

Years
  • The only way I could see a reduced version worked would be to make one that only had like...50 or so of the Pokemon, which I understand would be a huge pain to redo the whole header just for another option. Although it would be nice because sooo many PC styles have gargantuan headers.

Also just a little nitpick but Exeggcute is misspelled.

Pokéography
    For a split second then I thought I'd gotten rid of the original svg file...
    But thanks for pointing it out :3 Better now than when its finished x]

I don't think I'd be able to do just 50 or so pokemon purely because I wouldn't know which ones to put in. I might be able to do it with generation 2 pokemon because it's only got 100 pokemon in it, but then again I think I really lucked out how the first 151 pokemon fit into the box almost perfectly.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay this is still nitpicking, but I combed over it just in case and Omanyte and Drowzee are also misspelled. I can't find Kakuna or Venonat but that very well could be me just being dumb and my eyes being tired haha. Great work though!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Ima be even more nitpicky and suggest moving the "we are still working on a better slogan" down a bit. It seems like you have space to and the ll in "still" is touching the é in Poké. I'll edit more in later.

Back