• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokéography

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    It certainly looks sweet. Maybe instead of keeping most of the typography in the banner, fill the rest of the page background around the section listings with gen 2-5 names? It just looks a little weird seeing the banner so full and the rest of the page quite empty, especially for people with bigger display resolutions.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ima be even more nitpicky and suggest moving the "we are still working on a better slogan" down a bit. It seems like you have space to and the ll in "still" is touching the é in Poké. I'll edit more in later.
    It needs to be moved down about a pixel, so I agree with this. It'll help the typography of this Pokéography!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Care to share whatever this idea was...? I really don't want plain boxes and anything rounded wouldn't go well with an arial font imo.
    Image map? :x It's a background image with some words slapped on top of it if thats what you mean.
    No. It's an image with links inside the image that aren't words slapped on top of it. It's making an image clickable in certain areas.

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_map.asp

Years
  • @Toujours:
    What Razor Leaf said at firs,t but seems to have edited out, I had to leave one or two pokemon out to make it work. I didn't think anyone would notice to be honest seeing as they aren't that popular ^^'

@ Razor leaf & Abnegation:
    It wasn't even aligned with the bottom text what the hell is wrong with me ._. fixed now though.

@ Mew~:
    That could actually work, maybe not in the header because it'd clash with the banner but somewhere else maybe.

@ Patchisou Yutohru & everyone else:
    I thought about that seeing as the text looks a little sharper than the image but then I thought since it was text it'd look ok just being text overlaying the image.

But idk does anybody else think this would look better?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Just a suggestion, but maybe add a little color to the typography.

PokéCommunity Home A r c a n i n e

Years
  • That could actually work twisted, I like the idea of colouring the first letter of the names. That could make an interesing effect. Probably not with those colours because they're a bit too bright and contrasting x]

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That could actually work twisted, I like the idea of colouring the first letter of the names. That could make an interesing effect. Probably not with those colours because they're a bit too bright and contrasting x]

I do think that a slightly darker variant of these colours could work, though.

Is it just me, or is the design somehow giving me headaches?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Nah it doesn't give me a headache lol? I like it tbh, and the colours seem a good idea, something with accents etc. Turqoise or teal seems to fit really well with the background and all. Curious to see what you are gonna do with it next!

Back