• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PoKéQuesT (Pokémon MMORPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
Years
  • I am currently the head programmer and the webmaster for a very good Pokémon MMORPG (Online Game) called PoKéQuesT. Its website is at pokequest.gtaero.net.

Made With: This game is being made from scratch; not with a specific program. For example, the (first version) server is being programmed in PHP-CLI (PHP: Hypertext PreProcessor Command Line Interface).

Introduction, Story, & Basic Features: You are a trainer, ready to travel the world. It is time for you to start your Pokémon Journey, and PoKéQuesT is commited to bringing that journey to you the best way possible. Allowing you to communicate actively with all of your friends (and enemys) in real time. You have the ability to do practically whatever you want, wherever you want. Want to be a breeder and sell the Pokémon that you breed for money? go for it. Want to be a trainer and try to be the league champion? Go for it. Want to be a member of Team Rocket and work towards ruling the world? Go for it. Its all up to you. With an evolved (turn-based) battling system, using the all new PSS (Pokémon Statistics System) to completly raise your Pokémon the way you want, and all 493 Pokémon to capture, collect, and train; there is nothing that could possibly make the experience boring for you. Jump on in, and there is a whole world waiting for you.

Extended Features List:
    • 493 Pokémon (including MissingNo and the multiple forms of several Pokémon)
    • 7 Regions (Kanto + Sevii Islands, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Fiorre [JP name], Shinou [JP name])
    • Trainer Islands (Small Island where your friends can come and visit and battle you [this is where your own gym is located])
    • PokéSys (A New Device, pretty much like the new PokéDex combined with the PokéNav. It also includes a record of the items in your bag)
    • PSS - Pokémon Statistics System (A new feature to Pokémon, much like the old EV or IV training, PSS takes over this aspect. PSS envolves natures and abilities, and will allow you to completly customize your Pokémon's Abilities. With the MEMORY PSS, You're Pokémon can learn attacks in addition to the normal four. It can become very useful in battle!)
    • Selectable Trainer Sprites (Users will be able to select sprites from the first login; and in the future possibly customize their own!)
    • Open Protocol (Any programmer can create their own client that connects to the PoKéQuesT Server/s and interact with them)
    *** NOTE *** Some of these features may be limited to the "PokéNet" PoKéQuesT Server. Since the protocol is open source, additional servers may crop up; of which may have entirely different features.

Screenshots: Because of the game's heavy development server-side (and the lack of the ability for a client to have been programmed a whole lot because of this heavy development) we do not have any real in-game screenshots. However, this game does use an open-protocol (under documentation construction) and allows for anyone to make their own client to play in the wonderful Pokémon Universe we are creating. Attached is a screenshot of the Server/Protocol at work. (Highly Compressed JPEG to save space, sorry for the poor quality)

Last edited:
    Years
  • i hope this game is good. ill keep an eye on it. u seem to know alot about programing so this game will probably b good. in otherwords( i didnt understand anything u said but it sounds professional so it is probably good.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2006
    I heard about you from POL. I dl'ed your client, and it made my comp make a beeping noise, saying I should read next time. You should put that on the front page!

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • I heard about you from POL. I dl'ed your client, and it made my comp make a beeping noise, saying I should read next time. You should put that on the front page!

Heh *scratches his head* We did that because there were alot of people that would go to the website; and not pay attention to anything it said at all; just head to the download section; and then email us saying "How do I play? Where do I download?". So, we decided to get their attention ^^o.

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • Ooooo sounds kewl, so you are going to include 3 regions? 4? or all 5?
    Lets count the regions we are currently planning on putting into PoKéQuesT, shall we?
    1. Kanto (+Sevi Islands)
    2. Orange Islands
    3. Johto (+Whirlpool Islands)
    4. Hoenn
    5. Orre
    6. Fiore
    7. Shinou

Yeah; it seems to be pretty extensive in the final versions.

Years
  • 0.o *falls over............
    .........*get back up

Wow.. so far, this sounds very extreme! any betas? anything finished? i have more questions after!

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • 0.o *falls over............
    .........*get back up

Wow.. so far, this sounds very extreme! any betas? anything finished? i have more questions after!

There is not yet any betas; and the recent Server v0.2r1a is being recoded (v0.2r2a). Once we have that finished; we'll still have alot more work to do before we finally make it able for people to move around and talk to each other. And then a heck of alot more work to do before the implementation of NPCs.

Years
  • Oh, lol, well it sounds very awesome! I wish they would make an mmorpg of digimon (bst thing ever) english though, but i hope you end up making this mmorpg really good!

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • Hmm from looking at your screen shots. and i hope i am completely wrong but,
    are you using winsock?
    and are you using a MSQL database to save information.

Winsock? I'm guessing thats some thing for the client to use? That will depend on what our client developer wants to do. We give him alot of leeway. Most of what you saw on the screenshot however, was server-side data. So, yea. It connects via sockets and transmits data back & forth. And for the server we are going to use MySQL to save user records and the Pokemon, because its very quick and much more stable then having to come up with something new.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • I'm sorry but, I am not impressed.
    This is probably due to my EXTREME lack of programming knowlage, heh. It sounds professional. However, there are still two other Pokémon MMORPGs that gain my favour. Once you get some in-game screenshots THEN you will probably impress me.

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • can you show us some InGame Shots other than that server login picture

I'm afraid that (as I stated above) we don't have any yet. Our Client programmer; Ekowc; is hard at work developing the client; and I'm having a tidbit of trouble getting together sprites; but I am working hard on it. I have alot of work left to do on the server before the ability to move around is created; and once I finish that and the map system (as well as create some basic maps) I'll show some in-game screenshots. However, I can pretty much tell you that it will use sprites such as how the games looked in Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen; with a little bit of effort made to make the games look like they did in Ranger/Diamond/Pearl.

Navarr

Pokémon Sensei
    Years
  • We do have a "Developers" release on the site now. And we just fixed up a bug today.

BTW, the URL to the site has changed to pkqst.com ^^o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back