• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéStops Location List

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    Wolverhampton, England
    One Outside the Train Station
    One Outside the Bus Depo
    One Outside Nando's
    Two by the Fountain/Man on the Horse

There is many more those are the ones I can think of right this minute >_>

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2016
    thank you very much

I want to catch pikachu. where should I go?

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Houston, Texas
    Downtown Houston - It is highly recommended to find a parking spot just to walk around downtown because every block of this area has at least three PokeStops. Nighttime is usually the best time to capture some good Pokemon such as Clefairy and Gastly. Riding the light rail actually counts as walking.
    University of Houston-Downtown Campus - Located off I-10 and Highway 59. According to my boyfriend, the university is actually its own gym and also has 5 or so Pokestops that are always lured.
    The Galleria & Uptown - There are a ton of Pokestops, but it does not have the same benefit as Memorial City Mall. The intersection of Westheimer and Sage is actually a gym itself but it is very hard to access it as the gym is literally located at the middle of the intersection. The Water Wall & Williams Tower are also good spots for pokestops and gym battling.
    Baybrook Mall - Located in Webster, Texas. This mall only has three gyms and a Pokestop but really good Pokemon actually spawn here. If you are more into Pokestops, there are a ton located outside the mall area.

Galveston Area, Texas
    Seawall Boulevard - This part of the Island gets lit with lures every day. You are more likely to find water-types like Seel and Shellder near the ocean. Restaurants at the Seawall have lures every hour, which promotes business and attracts customers. This is a great place to explore.
    Pleasure Pier - Located in Central-Southern Galveston Island. It is rumored that you can find wild Gyarados if you are lucky. The Pier itself is also a gym.
    Downtown Galveston - Like Downtown Houston, but with even more Pokestops. Be prepared to buy more storage because a lot of these stops will give you a ton of loot.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Jacksonville, Alabama
    Jacksonville Square - 3 lured stops in range, vendors pop up selling merch and/or food (sometimes they just give away food actually), great shops right in range as well that stay open later for people playing Go, 3 gyms just outside the square within quick walking distance
    Jacksonville State University - cluster of stops that will likely be lured often during the school year, one gym on campus, two close to outskirts, great for walking to hatch eggs

Not likely anyone here is going to go to Alabama, but with the rise in popularity and such of the football team in Jacksonville, you never know who might make their way out there, haha.

I want to catch pikachu. where should I go?

This thread is more about pointing people into the right direction for good Pokestops, not exactly where to catch certain Pokemon. I suggest just getting out around your local area and seeing what pops up. Pikachu are pretty rare, though. I've only found one at a gas station and then one more are a lured stop.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Houston, Texas
    - George Bush Intercontinental Airport (You will only find Pokemon in lures and nowhere else. Apparently wild pokemon are nowhere in sight but then again I think it's for safety and security reasons. Anyways, lots of Pokestops all around the airport if you have time to hop in each terminal before your departing flight. There are three gyms as well, but don't set your hopes because they get taken down every minute).

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Merideth NH
    Post office
    American police motorcycle mueseam
    Nova
    Broken spoke mueseam and saloon

There are tons more but I don't remember my vacation well

Also I got more:
    Weird beach area:
    Drive in theater
    Gardens ice cream
    The dame house
    building 5
    Memorial to NH valor
    Pier
    Train station
    Weird United Methodist church
    NH veteran's association
    Kellerhaus family cemetery

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm traveling at the moment, so I'd like to contribute to what I've seen/visited so far.

Chicago, Illinois
    O'Hare International Airport - The "no wild pokemon" condition applies here, as you can only find Pokemon in Lures. O'Hare has five gyms, and there are a ton of PokeStops (99% of them are lured), and be ready to find some rare Pokemon if you are inside two or more lures.

San Diego, California
    Balboa Park/San Diego Zoo - This area gets lit every day. Great place to hunt for Pokemon, and find several farms.
    San Diego International Airport - Not as big as Houston's airport or Chicago's airport, but you will find a few Pokestops inside each terminal. However, the nearest gym is actually outside the airport.
    Otay Mesa - This area, located above the Tijuana/San Diego border, has several schools as gyms which I find a little unusual.

Imperial Valley, California
    Bucklin Park - I was told that this park is the only area in the region that gets lit up with lures every day. There is one gym that is a Level 10 which makes it impossible for teams to take it down (It's Valor at the moment lol).
    Downtown El Centro - Two gyms are located on Main Street (Post Office and City Hall), as well as several Pokestops located in historic buildings (such as the old Library) and monuments.

Ensenada, Mexico
    Zona Turistico - This area is perfect for walking, and farming water type Pokemon. There are a couple of gyms on Lazaro Cardenas Avenue as well as Pokestops (lots of them, mostly in restaurants).
    Puerto de Ensenada/Malecon - Lots of rare "dex-fillers" can be found here, especially water and poison types. Plus, there is free wifi in that area.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    New York, NY, 10001
    Madison Square Garden, 4 Pennsylvania Plaza

A whole lot of PokeStops all-around!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Anniston, Alabama
    Freedom Riders mural
    Noble Street - Great walking route because there are a ton of PokeStops to restock on.
    Zinn Park - One gym, rare Pokemon tend to show up often.
    Peerless Grille - They call it the Doduo Nest for a reason.

t0gekiss

Trelawnyd
    Trelawnyd War Memorial
    Prestatyn
    Giant Roman Head
    About 5 next to the Nova Swimming Center
    Every Church in town
    Gwaenysgor
    Big signpost with landscape on it

Hope this helps!

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    This is probably very vague but a town in South Wales called Carmarthen(26 miles east of Tenby) has loads of pokestops and Gyms in the main shopping streets, most of them right by each other. Those who live there will (hopefully) know where I mean, but you can't miss them :)

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Similar to what KevinJA12 said, how about making a map for these? Instead of making it a 'anyone can contribute' map, we could whitelist the mods/users involved with the project so only they can add information (to prevent PokéStop/Gym spam). Because Google Maps is that awesome Google Maps seems to have data on quite a lot of monuments/special places so finding the actual locations shouldn't be that hard.

Google My Maps is an easy way to make a custom map and imo would provide better visibility for the PokéStops and Gyms. We can of course keep the normal list, but I think having an actual map view would make for a cleaner experience.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Mexicali, Mexico
    Downtown/Zona Historico - The Ninos Heroes Park serves as several Pokestops as well as two gyms. Don't get too butthurt if your Pokemon doesn't last long in the gym, as it balances between Mystic and Valor every minute or so.

San Diego, California
    Little Italy - Great place for lures and catching rare Pokemon.

Harborside/County Center - Great area for hatching eggs as well as catching a ton of Growlithe and water type Pokemon. Also a great place to farm Magikarp.

Chula Vista, California - All Trolley/Monorail stops are actual gyms, which is really awesome.

San Ysidro/Nestor, California - My sister's house has a gym nearby Interstate 5, and fast food restaurants have several Pokestops which are often lured. The Tijuana/San Ysidro border is a gym itself surrounded by several stops.

Houston Bay Area, Texas
    La Porte, Texas - Visit the Monument Inn nearby the San Jacinto Monument, there is a gym and several Pokestops nearby. Lynchberg Ferry also serves as a stop and it's a great place to find hard-to-find Dratinis.

Texas Independence Trail - Located between La Porte and Deer Park, This trail includes the San Jacinto Monument as well as several memorials that honor the history of Texas. The Monument itself is a gym (currently taken over by Mystic, yaaaaaasss), and the trail is a straight shot and perfect if you are planning to hatch eggs quickly.

Houston Ship Channel - Several Pokestops are located there.

Kemah - A great hotspot for trainers of all ages. The Boardwalk holds a weekly Pokemon event, where everyone is invited. A great place for Pokestops, and several gyms are placed every block. Kemah is a small town with loads of variety.

Galveston Area, Texas
    East Island - A gym and a Pokestop is located here.

Texas City Dike - A great hotspot for rare water-type Pokemon like Lapras and Gyarados. Dratinis tend to spawn here as well. It is better to go at night as officials charge you a $5 access fee before 9 pm.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • A shot of Downtown Royal Oak. Quite a few PokeStops.

There's also a string of PokeStops throughout Downtown Ferndale. I'll have an image for that on my next trip.
    That's in Ferndale, Michigan.

The Detroit Zoo in Royal Oak, Michigan is also full of PokeStops of Zoological and historical artifacts.

Attachments

• PokéStops Location List
      Screenshot_2016-07-13-18-56-15.jpg
      180.7 KB · Views: 1
    Last edited:
    Back