• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?-International with new article system

Years
    Well, I've made a major update to the site some time ago.
    Using CuteNews, I tried to make some kind of article system.
    Everyone can register and and post articles (I need to change your account permissions to journalist before). Afterwards the headline of the article will appear on the site of the category it has been been posted in.

So: what do you think of the idea?
    Do you think it's a good.

I actually think it's quite handy. It makes updating the site much easier and you don't have to give your FTP password to other people.

You can read more about it here: https://interpoke.in.funpic.de/inde...chive=&start_from=&ucat=2&page=news/show_news

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Not very smart without some kind of an approval system where the person submits an article, and you approve of it before it goes on the site. If you don't do this, anyone can put anything up.

Years
    Dark Mage said:
    Then that would be making them a staff member pretty much, so where's the point in that?
    Why would it make them a staff member?
    If the article is good, I'd make them journalist.
    Of course I'd also check the person's profile on other forums or if (s)he has a website.
    And I'll also get some other admin to look after the site...

Years
    Now that there seem to be some exploits in CuteNews, do you think I should change my system and completely remake it?
    Or just make backups more often?

Dark Mage said:
    If really you're going to be accepting articles via email, and saying if they want to help out with the site, that's really just making them a moderately-trusted staff member.
    I still don't get what your are trying to say. Well, I'm stupid.

Back