• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Community Get Together 6?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ah, this sounds awesome. like the pokemon geek olympics? that's so cool. gather people from all over the world to compete in spriting/sig/avatar creation. it'll promote international cooperation or something good like that... has a timeframe been discussed? cuz i think it'd be smart to hold it over the winter holiday while we're all lounging and being bored out of our wee brains. i dunno what i could do, i don't really have any area of expertise here... i could maybe critique original trainer cards or something... cuz that's really the only thing i've done here for people (create the magical mini-cards). ok, that's a terrible idea... well... i dunno. even if i'm just gonna be useless and completely unhelpful, i'll show up. we should revive "the bar" RP. it was kinda popular around when i joined (may 04) it'd bring back good memories (for me at least). and we could have like some main get together thread where people can socialize and say where they're going next (eg. the avatar rating tent/contest as if it was a fair or something). it's late and i'm tired... sorry for my stupidity.

danielthmaniel

???-Confused-???
    Years
    That sounds like a great idea! It reminds me of some "festival" in PC with different activities. Although I don't have any other ideas at the moment, I'd be glad to do whatever I can do to help.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    It sounds great~! =D (Feels a bit of shame where the singing contest was mentioned) ._.

If we need to decide on a topic, we need to decide on a date, ne? n_n;;;;

Any ideas for dates? =3;

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Ooh, that's excellent! Like a feast for PC! X3

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i suggest it happen sometime when most of us are on winter break... everybody should be around then. unless everybody's off visiting their grandparents or something... i'd work best for me on a saturday when cal isn't playing a home game...

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    that sounds awesome! <3
    I will sure be in the singing contest- if it ever happens.
    I don't know about winter brake though (do you mean christmas by that?) cause I might be going to NY to visit my friend.
    Yes, I think it should run for a week...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The good ol' PokeCommunity Get-Together. I bet most of the newer members wasn't even around for the last one. XD
    It sure has changed a lot since 22sa had the first one going, 1 big thread (well 2 since I think it was me that started a 2nd because the 1st was getting out of hand XD) filled with super fast posting where by the time you made a reply to someone's post 20 posts were done added. XD
    I wonder if anyone is still around from back then (other then Staff). XD

I think maybe it should be a week long thing. That way the judges and stuff has enough time etc.

Anyway good luck with it.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    Tetsuya-san said:
    rsgh5: Christmas Bash occurs during Winter Break though~!
    ah, sorry, i had no idea such a thing existed. well, then it should be some time this fall? ahh... i dunno. i'm no good at this planning business... *weeps* but ya, a week sounds agreeable. i really don't care when it is if it's spanning a whole week, cuz i'll be able to post for at least 5 of the 7 days.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    The good ol' PokeCommunity Get-Together. I bet most of the newer members wasn't even around for the last one. XD
    It sure has changed a lot since 22sa had the first one going, 1 big thread (well 2 since I think it was me that started a 2nd because the 1st was getting out of hand XD) filled with super fast posting where by the time you made a reply to someone's post 20 posts were done added. XD
    I wonder if anyone is still around from back then (other then Staff). XD

I think maybe it should be a week long thing. That way the judges and stuff has enough time etc.

Anyway good luck with it.
    Yup. =P It went 800 posts in 4 hours, then just as much, but slower in Get-Together 2 in Sept 2003.

Tetsuya, I'll most likely be here if it's on the weekends. I haven't been here this past week because I lacked an internet connection. Now University has wireless library, and our Landlord is installing a wireless router this Friday, so again, I'll likely be here if it's held on a weekend.

So for timing, have it on a Saturday, and from late afternoon to late night. The Australians won't likely be here till late at night, so don't have this in the morning......

22sa

Years
    lol I haven't gotten involved in one since the last one I mad in September 2003. I don't think PC really needs this.

I mean, who do you hope to be there? That's the question we had a lot of answers to when I made the first two. Now, that's changed, for me at least.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    22sa said:
    Yup. =P It went 800 posts in 4 hours, then just as much, but slower in Get-Together 2 in Sept 2003.
    DCC can reach that speed - in fact, faster - quite easily when there's enough people around. Problem is that it only ever lasts for about half an hour at the most, then everyone leaves or starts spamming. ;\

Nice ideas all~

22sa

Years
    I've seen it last for more then half an hour before.... It went up like 1200 posts that day.

But yeah.... we already have a really friendly & active DCC now.

Tetsuya, if the high staff can mass PM or e-mail all the members, we can still make it. But I don't see the big purpose of this yet...

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    22sa said:
    I've seen it last for more then half an hour before.... It went up like 1200 posts that day.

But yeah.... we already have a really friendly & active DCC now.

Tetsuya, if the high staff can mass PM or e-mail all the members, we can still make it. But I don't see the big purpose of this yet...
    When was this? O_o

Mass e-mailing is easy; mass PMing is near impossible, and guaranteed to make the server crash. :P

22sa

Years
    Digital Phoenix said:
    When was this? O_o

Mass e-mailing is easy; mass PMing is near impossible, and guaranteed to make the server crash. :P
    Alright, there's your idea Tetsuya ^ XD

That was in August sometime.... I don't remember. o_o

Back