• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon D/P turn-based or real-time.

In Pok?mon D/P would you prefer....

• Turn-Based

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Real-Time

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 27, 2007
    Which would you prefer in the games.

I think sticking to that turn-based is so boring. I don't enjoy it anymore because it is just to easy.

And real-time would add much more challenge in this game. So which would you prefer??? :surprised

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 10, 2005
    I think that real-time would be much more fun, but impossible to do in a RPG. Its an awsome idea that maybe could be created into an online Pokemon game or something.. I dunno. XD Though that would change the way that Pokemon are trained and strategized. =/

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • I think that real-time would be much more fun, but impossible to do in a RPG. Its an awsome idea that maybe could be created into an online Pokemon game or something.. I dunno. XD Though that would change the way that Pokemon are trained and strategized. =/

Yes it would but at least it'd be something diffrent, but we all know D/P are going to be turned based as every other Pokemon game. I wonder what the graphics of D/P will be like. *Sits on a rock and thinks like the statue found in museums.*

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 27, 2007
    Actually some RPG's have Real-Time battles.

I have Final Fantasy X-2, and I really love the idea of Real-Time battles in it.
    It is much more exciting and more of a challenge.

And it would be almost like the show, in the show battles aren''t turn-based but also more real-time.

Raito Absol

~ Peaceful Dreamer ~
    Years
  • Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, a Pokemon battle simular to FFX-2 would be pretty interesting. And I probably wouldn't complain every ten seconds a Pokemon attacks you and you have to go through a two-three minute battle for it would be alot faster. =).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • meh...being the traditionalist I am, I'd prefer to stick to turn-based combat. Real-time combat would be a large step away from what gave Pokemon most of its strategic appeal.

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
    Years
    • Age 35
    • usa
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Real time but it would have to be on da gamecube and using the modem to do realtime.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Realtime is better suited to the gamecube. On the ds it will most likely be turn based, and maybe have some (not all) interactive moves (if you remember the moves in super mario rpg) which involve the microphone or touch screen.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Turn based is half of the fun in Pokemon battling, as it gives you more time to think out strategic maneouvers and stuff. If it was like Zelda or something, it would feel really complicated, and the battles would feel strangely open. I too am a traditionalist so :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 11, 2005
    I think real time would give it more of a startegic appeal TMBJR, becuase you need to doge and target and alot more to win then push "A" button

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    Real-Time like on TV you mean? That would be cool! Then I'd like to have May and Brock (don't forget max too!) to come with me. They maybe randomly during battle they could give us tips like "Don't forget: Electric attacks do not work against Ground Types!" like Max does to Ash (reffering to Candid Camerupt, final battle, pika vs. Camerupt)

ball

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 14, 2012
    Wel real time is good, but I remembered a thing (i's from one game I played in enternet) You have a barr, witch fulls up. The more speed you have the faster it builds up. when it's full you do an attack. If attacks are done in the same time no one is hurt and attacks destroy each other. That would make game more interesting+speed would be alot more imporitant.

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
  • I think turn based is best. Pokemon is a strategic based game. With real life it would be nothing more then a mere action game. This is not what pokemon is all about. The strategy is the major thing about it, you can't just scrap it off.

Back