• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pok?mon Destiny [3D]

Years
  • The game looks awesome. At first I thought this was like a certain video of a game I once saw and the title was like 3D Pokemon game or something and I didn't like it so I thought this was the same so I hadn't checked it out. I regret not having checked out this before. I though this was going to be made with Unity3D since that's what most of the people attempting this would use. The graphics look awesome specially like those pictures that the Pokemon from Pokemon Go look like(like really realistic I mean the mesh for like steelix) Seeing things like this is what makes me regret not spending my everyday learning on how to use Unity3D because even though I have it I barely know like 1% of how to use it. I still don't know which is the best free engine for a newbie like me...

Years
  • Wow, what an incredibly, incredibly condescending thing to say. Firstly, look up the definition of AAA. Slapping existing assets into Unity 4 and calling it AAA is a joke if I've heard one.

Secondly you can't blame fans for not being interested. Making people interested in your game is YOUR task to do, not vice versa. As well as, as people in the thread have mentioned, projects like these are a dime a dozen and have a success rate of quite literally, zero.

That's not me trying to deter you or your team from trying, quite the opposite, I'm impressed with the work you show on twitter and elsewhere from time to time. Simply saying, you shouldn't be surprised at peoples initial lack of enthusiasm. Once they see something start to come together and possibly be playable, they'll jump aboard.

I was going to say dude you are being a little mean but all that you said is true. And Veer even though your game looks awesome but this guy is correct your game is not a AAA. And you can make people a lot more excited for your game by having someone that makes the publicity stuff in your team. Pokemon Cinder Foam has someone that does Promotional art for them but their game contains fakemon. In your case you can share more videos and maybe something to with the story will encourage the players more although you are starting the mechanics as you said. So don't rush it people will come.

Veer

Game Dev
    Years
  • Wow, what an incredibly, incredibly condescending thing to say. Firstly, look up the definition of AAA. Slapping existing assets into Unity 4 and calling it AAA is a joke if I've heard one.

Secondly you can't blame fans for not being interested. Making people interested in your game is YOUR task to do, not vice versa. As well as, as people in the thread have mentioned, projects like these are a dime a dozen and have a success rate of quite literally, zero.

That's not me trying to deter you or your team from trying, quite the opposite, I'm impressed with the work you show on twitter and elsewhere from time to time. Simply saying, you shouldn't be surprised at peoples initial lack of enthusiasm. Once they see something start to come together and possibly be playable, they'll jump aboard.

Just so you know, I'm using Unreal Engine 4 and not Unity. Also 100% of the assets are hand-made even Pokemon (simply because of the QUALITY we are maintaining). And I'm not blaming ANYONE. I simply stated that people here on pokecommunity hasn't enjoyed the updates so far, WHICH I also didn't say was wrong and it's absolutely fine. It's your choice if you want to support the game during progress or not. Hence, all I meant was if you don't see more regular updates here, that's the reason for it.

For the current update: Game is in serious full-time development, currently working on character movement mechanism such as climbing, swimming, diving, using pokemon field moves (FMs) to clear/make your way through level, using world objects like rope and ladder and some other stuff like that. This is the 4th improvement iteration for our main character and things will be even more polished now. It's just kinda hard to make 100s of mo-cap quality animations without mo-cap. Will post a video once we are done.

Thanks to all for keeping an eye on the development, I hope to prove you all wrong about zero success rate of projects like this. Also please don't blame those developers for trying to achieve something big. As I'm working a 3d pokemon game I can tell, it would have been very difficult for them in many unimaginable ways.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Is their going to be an original soundtrack?
    I could write one. But my computer isn't powerful enough to run samplers like EWQL Hollywood Orchestra, or Kontakt. So it won't be indistinguishable from a real orchestra unless someone is willing to help by converting Midis for me.

Veer

Game Dev
    Years
  • Is their going to be an original soundtrack?
    I could write one. But my computer isn't powerful enough to run samplers like EWQL Hollywood Orchestra, or Kontakt. So it won't be indistinguishable from a real orchestra unless someone is willing to help by converting Midis for me.

Yes, we are composing our own original soundtracks. But i think it'll be better if you compose music after we are done with all the gameplay and level designing, that will help you understand the theme better, and you won't be wasting time creating something that might not fit our style.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Yes, we are composing our own original soundtracks. But i think it'll be better if you compose music after we are done with all the gameplay and level designing, that will help you understand the theme better, and you won't be wasting time creating something that might not fit our style.

Sweet so, I will keep checking here then.

Veer

Game Dev
    Years
  • UPDATE: Pokecenter Exterior Concept

Now designing the town around it. If anyone wants to help designing buildings and other stuff you can apply for concept artist position, just email with some of your recent drawings/concepts on [email protected] .We are always looking for talented artists to join the team.
    xD6xr8c.jpg

Veer

Game Dev
    Years
  • I don't think i have posted this image before. This is an old wip pic when we were discussing how the moves will work. I have added some basic info on the pic, but there is a lot more info than this such as stamina will play a big role in how the moves will work, Special Moves will be charged after a while so you can use them again. While all the basic moves will be available to perform all the time but with some condition. And similar to this if you press and hold RT on the controller you'll get Special Defense Moves Menu. Which in total gives you 12 Special moves that you can perform in the battle. Oh and by Special moves i didn't mean the moves with tag "special" on it (by the traditional game terms). NO, we have a little different way of categorizing moves. but on a quick not: We have more moves that falls under "special" category than traditional games.
    Thanks for reading!

djONeqI.jpg

Veer

Game Dev
    Years
  • Today in our Dev Team Group chat we discussed the idea of having "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon" styled side missions for Pokemon Destiny, where you'll be doing an entire mission as a certain wild Pokemon. We think it'll be a great way to experience how the wild Pokemon are living their life around you.
    We also discussed having some randomly generated events occurring throughout the level. We will see how all this plays on in the game as we get further along.. will keep you all updated.
    If you have any ideas of your own feel free to comment below we'll take all your suggestions into consideration!

Thanks for the support.. it means a lot!

SSY1JVF.jpg

Back