• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon & Digimon- which came first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
Years
  • Digimon came first but pokemon isn't a rip off of digimon.

They are complete different stories in game and anime. One is saving the world while the other is a kid and friends following their dreams. Nothing in common and Light Azumarill said most of it.

Anyways look at what more popular rigth now. I may not know much but from my side of the fence, it sure looks like pokemon is more alive as of anime and game (also TCG).

LIke tymine said: Just some thing started by pokemon haters and ignorant Digimon fans. (Too say this right now, I am also a Digimon fan too but a pokemon one first.)

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • I think there is a clear difference between the two....

Pokemon: Creatures never look ugly and are always made to have some sort of cuteness appeal

Digimon: More "hardcore" lookish, but always ends the series in which "everyone in the world works together"

Personally in the end, I think Pokemon is more original when it comes to the show, I mean come on at least Ash does stuff with a small group of people not like the whole work ;P

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    *sigh* https://digimon.ryux.net/opinion/pokecopy.htm

When it comes to the show, what could be more unoriginal than Pok?mon? I love it dearly, but every episode is the same.

And Duel Monsters = Yu-Gi-Oh!

True JA so true ;P

However, maybe one day those Pokemon Company exec's will get the idea that the setup is somewhat bland and they need to redo it ;D

But yes there are so many copy of things, look at Vanilla Coke than the infamous move of Pepsi Vanilla XD

People were talking about that for months ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back