• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pok?mon Emerald General Discussion and Speculation

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2004
    my link fits in my gba and gbc but its an older one...they should instead of leaving the old games in the dust

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • XWAMAN said:
    my link fits in my gba and gbc but its an older one...they should instead of leaving the old games in the dust
    err... and I'm very sure that this is how every game in the world worked except for Golden Sun 2 (which is still a crappy game). Every sequel even if it's direct, cannot carry stuff over... so be gald that Pokemon considered it for RBYG into GSC already.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    they will never make a new game that can trade/battle with the new games again. the programming is different and it has absolutly nothing to do with the link. its like...trying to put a gba cart in a transfer pack for pokemon stadium/stadium 2. it simply cannot be done (well...regardless of the fact that it wouldnt even fit). true, you were able to trade between r/b/y/g/s/c, but the programming for those games and advance games are so different, that even if you were to be able to trade, the older games would possibly crash. this is called making money. you buy one thing, then a new thing comes out and the old stuff become obsolete. its a never ending cycle. in fact, i can already tell you that if there is a pokemon game for nintendo DS, you probably wont be able to trade with that and ru/sapph/emerald/firered/leafgreen. so basically, then your games would all eventually be "left in the dust". its something you have to accept XWAMAN. so i guess you aren't getting emerald now, huh? in fact, maybe you shouldn't get any pokemon game ever again. i mean, if you really are gonna "leave your games in the dust", then whats the point of buying them? just because its not compatible with the new games doesn't mean you still can't have fun with it. i know i am getting emerald even though we will probably get a pokemon game for DS and it won't be compatible, i'll still play emerald.

Years
    • Age 31
    • auz
    • Seen Sep 17, 2004
    mmmmmmmmmmm

i think it has 4 starters or like yellow you get the other 3 later and you have a dragon or sumthing

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • just played some of emerald.. man it's cool! Check these cool new screens.. more later :)

Pok?mon Emerald General Discussion and Speculation

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I've got it too, thanks S-kun~ ^_^
    I didn't realize it was out already. @_@;

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I still need tog et this, dont think I'll be able to find a rip of it...it's really hard I still havent found one V V.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Wow, the looks really good....the part with torchich was funny. Wait how did you get your copy of it? So, I STILL cant find a rip...gonna have to order it from Japan...darn *bust out Japanese SP*

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Little things that have no signifigance at all but are pretty funny,
    Your rival now has a little brother I think..

Little boy that alerts you that Birtch is being attck is now a girl

Your rival now has a super cool
    orange Gamecube

Sorry if this is sorta like spam/offtopic I just thought it was kinda cool ^^, they might have somthing important but I don't know I can't read japaneese -.-

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • SPOILERS

Does anyone think that the new Champion *coughWallacecough* is going to be a LOT easier that Steven in RS? And that having two water trainers is kinda lame...

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    w00t said:
    i've got more screenshots. how do you post them so that they are not thumbnails?
    You upload them to a site like photobucket ^^

Years
  • Here's some more pictures of the battle frontier. in order, battle tower, battle tube, battle dome, battle factory, battle pyramid. most of you have probably seen this before. what's photobucket?

Back