• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Hosos...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
  • Pok?mon Hosos...

Do you think 4kids will air the special episodes?

I think they should, especially with all the new ones in AG. Besides there a few of them that will make the storyline not make sense if they're not shown ("Brock! Save Pewter Gym!" comes to mind because it explains how and why Brock suddenly doesn't have Geodude, Onix, or Crobat when he shows up in Hoenn...)

Q Man

Erm...
    Years
  • Yeah, they sure as heck had better show those specials... They make for a great release, not to mention the fact that people will also be confused as to how Misty will (hopefully) re-enter the series...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • i think they seriously need to show them... it's too confusing without 13 episodes. (they didn't show Holiday at Apocaulo and it confused me a lot already...) Plus like what the others said already, it's hard to explain how Misty suddenly comes back (if she is coming back.)

Then Misty gets to rejoin the group! *holds up banner saying "Go Haruka Go!"* *coughgowinAshfromMistycough*

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • i think that 4kids would show those eps but not in a "special" way, more like regular eps, only longer.

Originally Posted by frostweaver
    i think they seriously need to show them... it's too confusing without 13 episodes. (they didn't show Holiday at Apocaulo and it confused me a lot already...) Plus like what the others said already, it's hard to explain how Misty suddenly comes back (if she is coming back.)

Then Misty gets to rejoin the group! *holds up banner saying "Go Haruka Go!"* *coughgowinAshfromMistycough*

two things about that:
    1) holiday at <i don't know how 2 spell it> wasn't banned in korea so i got to see it, Yay!
    2)isn't ash like 5 years older than may, may's only 10.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Knowing, 4kids, it might not happen *cries*. It could just end up like "Slowking's day" and the Raikou Special. It would be typical for 4kids to make Brock say "I left Geodude, Onix and Crobat back home" when he makes his appearence.

It would make me VERY happy though if 4kids decide to show the Hoso eps.

Last edited:

Pezz

All Washed Up
    Years
  • Hmmm... i really don't know if they'll dub them or not, but we'll find out soon enough. They may dub a few and show them all in one day for some special event or something. I could see them doing a Remember Misty theme week or whatever showing great Misty episodes and the specials.

I really hope they dub them though, but once the year ends I will have learned quite a bit of Japanese and will prolly be able to understand enough of the show to know what's going on in the Japanese version.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • how to understand the japanese episodes that we download: grab a synopsis, read it as you move along in the show

regarding advanceshippy age difference, i dont' think that's a problem... i never understand why people matter about age so much. If you truly love a person, you'll love with no fear and no restriction. Just how the heck can a number restrict you from who you want to be with?

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • just hearing 4kids makes me shudder, i hate for kids! they dub everything so stupidly! *starts to pray* please let the Raikou special come out, please let the Raikou special come out...

Hazuki-san

Doesn't exist
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    just hearing 4kids makes me shudder, i hate for kids! they dub everything so stupidly! *starts to pray* please let the Raikou special come out, please let the Raikou special come out...

I highly doubt they're going to show it here now, they would've done it in like February. And I heard the DvD didn't even come out in Japan yet

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Hazuki-san said:
    I highly doubt they're going to show it here now, they would've done it in like February. And I heard the DvD didn't even come out in Japan yet

thats correct

Japan only releases the Movies and Mini Movies on DVD these days

they only released the Mewtwo Special and Vol. 1-5 of Johto on DVD
    Seasons 1 and 2 are already out for sale on VHS only

Everything else is Rental only :tired:

It took DBZ a long time to come to DVD in Japan, so its not out of the question that they will bring them out eventually

since they dubbed the names though, they might as well bring it here. Its not like they can't place the Special at any time. I mean, Kenta and Marina already competed in the league a year before Junichi, which means they both had more than 6 Pokemon. In the special, they only carried a few pokemon at the time.

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • Kenta said:
    thats correct

Japan only releases the Movies and Mini Movies on DVD these days

they only released the Mewtwo Special and Vol. 1-5 of Johto on DVD
    Seasons 1 and 2 are already out for sale on VHS only

Everything else is Rental only :tired:

It took DBZ a long time to come to DVD in Japan, so its not out of the question that they will bring them out eventually

since they dubbed the names though, they might as well bring it here. Its not like they can't place the Special at any time. I mean, Kenta and Marina already competed in the league a year before Junichi, which means they both had more than 6 Pokemon. In the special, they only carried a few pokemon at the time.

During the special Kenta had visited a pokecentre. Nurse Joy clearly gave a board holding 6 pok?balls back to Kenta.

Anyway, Pok?mon is currently heading towards Advance which is related to Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. The Raikou special is related to Pokemon Crystal. Knowing 4kids, they propebly won't dub it because of the fact that it won't "fit" in :dead:

The specials are great IMO and are a lot better than the whole bunch of fillers we had to endure through Johto.

Should 4kids decided to dub it, they would make me VERY happy. *hopes this would happen*

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Ya 4kids aint gonna dub it! taht makes me mad!!!! anyone want to go on strike at 4kids and make em dub every special!? *gets posters adn signs ready*

CHINKABINKA!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Me!

ME! *grabs a pile of poster board and markers and runs off in corner to write stuff on it* If they don't show the special episodes here I'm going to be very ticked off. It's just so confusing when someone suddenly has/doesn't have a Pok?mon, and I have no idea why! Those episodes are crucial for learning extra stuff about the show -- Even the Raikou one with Kenta and Marina.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Lol! *gets bow and shoots arrows with little 'notes' attached about the specials through the windows of 4Kids companies*
    HEH HEH HEH! *runs*

Back