• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon in RM2K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    Pok?mon in RM2K

So, I'm new here, so hi to y'all. I'm what I believe a rather good RPG Maker with (yeah) RPG Maker 2000.

I'm currently working on one of my largest projects ever, and it's not as easy as it may sound. I'm creating a Pok?mon game with RM2K, and I was looking at the topic of Dizzy and the screens. And yeah they look good, but I think I can do better. Or different, that would be better to say...

Anyway, I'm creating a Pok?mon game with the official Pok?mon Battle System and the same graphics. Just different world and quests and maybe even other Pok?mon. All I have now is one screen, it's the incomplete version of my Battle system as it looks now. Please, say what you think of it!

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Cool, Sounds like A Cool project. If you need anything let me know i can supply you with stuff. Also i dont want any competetion, So let me know about anything you need.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    looks cool, dude. although try to alter the graphics a little bit, just for fun.

ChibiSage

The Sagiest One Around
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen Nov 26, 2003
    It looks pretty good, I hope you can finish the game (my games on RM2K hardly ever get finished...)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    How do u make custom scripts in RM2K? Also on my map it doesnt let me do lot of stuff, i have the RS tiles and when i go to test play its just the blank green screen when i had the grass/houses/etc on it, and my guy wont move, whats the matter w/this?

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • Your chipsets are not correctly set. You have to set the tributes in the chipsets section to make it work correctly

O is for passable for character
    X for not passable for character
    Star is for covering the character.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    Hi again!
    Thanks for the possitive comments. I'm really working as I can and when I have the battle system done I might bring out a simple demo.
    But hey!

O yeah, Dizzy. If you might have them, I need some chipsets... And ur game looks cool too ;)

If you can, send them to my e-mail: [email protected] (yeah I'm Dutch:P)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    ok sorry for that...

Well, I've been making a few maps, here are the screens. Let me know what you think!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • BartBoys said:
    ok sorry for that...

Well, I've been making a few maps, here are the screens. Let me know what you think!

NICE JOB! Finally someone who got through the hardcoded RM2K battle program into the original Pokemon battle system *excited* At least the very first screenshot proves that to me...

mind to share your knowledge on how you do that?

also mind to send me the Pokemon RS frame? I don't have that one in my RTP...
    [email protected]

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    @PKMN Trainer Brendan: Any chipset is welcome! Can you send them to my e-mail? It's [email protected]

@frostweaver: the pok?mon textbox is just a simple picture made by me... And programming the battle system is s? much work, I don't think I can explain it... Honestly :embarrass

PKMN Trainer Brendan

Now know as miroku
    Years
  • unfortunatly my email is down but i can give you a links to Chipsets.
    Pok?mon in RM2K
    Thats Ruby/Sapphire.
    Pok?mon in RM2K
    This Is Prett Much The Same Thing but this one has updated Kanto tiles to R/S look.
    You Might Already Have These. :\
    P.S: I Did Not Create These So Dont Give Me Any Credit.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 15, 2004
    hey,

thank you for the chipsets! Though one of them looks the same as I already have.. ah well ;)

PKMN Trainer Brendan

Now know as miroku
    Years
  • I Have A Link To SOme INside Ones and again i do not deserve any credit i DID NOT make these
    Pok?mon in RM2K
    Thats one of them minus the pokemon center floors.
    Inside Pokemonpngthis one is not as good but its still pretty nice ONCE AGIAN I DID NOT MAKE THESE

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back